NEurope
Beast

Lucas Blood and the Mystery of the Puzzle Killer

Hopefully this will make things easier to see:

Like a snake in the night, you slowly creep to find your prey and unravel their secrets but we really know why you're so intent on catching me. We both know that if you take a gamble and roll the dice, either way, you lose and I win. You wouldn't be able to catch me or even win me, even when you're old in a wheelchair or walking around with a zimmer-frame. Either way, the chase is always fun and interesting. I see that it's raining again, you should trust in the rain as it can lead you to new places. Should you try to be a hero and second-guess my location, both the cleaner and your partner dies but if you can unravel this message within three days, both leave unharmed. Now go and do what you do best and go eat sugary pastries!

MoogleViper

Cube

mike-zim

Raining_Again?

heroicjanitor

Nintendohnut

I agree, as she isn't in this. Very well spotted on the name references, I was totally not seeing it :(

Well perhaps we are supposed to focus on the riddle part of the riddle.

What do you chase but can never catch, even as you get older? (something like that?)

I think it's easier than that - we look at who has been named in the riddle, and the answer is the person or people who are not included. At least that's what I thought the riddle was anyway, and that clue kinda supports that theory...

Okay, time for action, does anybody know what to do?

The first person to answer is the person's actions I am putting forward.

Okay, time for action, does anybody know what to do?

The first person to answer is the person's actions I am putting forward.

Let Peeps in the game.

Actually, fuck it, I'm opening this bitch. Anyone can join in otherwise nowt will happen.

nowt is happening because we can't really tell if the riddle is the riddle itself or the post in general or the thread in general. Can't tell if the answer is a word or a phrase or a user or a song or what. Most riddles tend to have a concluding 'question' asked, and we don't have that. I don't really know how much of a difference these 'choices' we make actually have in between riddles.

In regards to the current riddle, I don't know if the answer is all the usernames we've found in the riddle, or if the answer is the player names that aren't in the riddle, or if the answer is the forumite who isn't playing but is in the riddle, or if the answer is something else entirely. As such, I have precisely zero confidence in answering. I'm used to playing with riddles where there's that "ah! Of course!" moment where you realise you definitely have the answer.

I appreciate the difficulty in doing this thread - it's entirely novel and awesome in its own way, but I feel it's only fair on you for me to explain my hesitant posting.

(It's a bit like ReZourceman's Judas Beans game. People don't know what to do, really. It's an awesome concept! :) But it probably needs a bit more clarity regarding what people need to do.)

Same, I don't know if we should use the forum name we found who isn't in the game, the answer we think it is or both combined.

I'm going to risk it (apologies to everyone if it's wrong)

Wait until tomorrow, then follow Raining_Again.

I'd like to take the hint, though I think the 'answer' is Raining_Again anyway.

You've asked for the hint:

It's better to think out of the box than think inside it.

But that's not really a hint, unless its a vague suggestion that the answer is the player who isn't included. But then who was that again, Rummy? Hasn't he already been the answer to a riddle?

Basically, I also have no ideas what were doing :-/ sorry Dazz, I do like the ideas but as jay said, we're really just being totallly confused by your long riddle, then you give us a hint and suddenly we just all know the answer!