N-Europe

Christopher Columbus - My Final Film

Ashley

From my postgraduate, not in my life (hopefully).

I decided to go for something silly and childish with a look that matches (and one I could achieve ;)) and inspired by a number of things I settled with a child retelling the story of Christopher Columbus. Of course he doesn't always get it right...

The file is password protected because I may enter it into festivals and they tend to not want it to be available in the public domain. However if you want to know the password request it by sending me a visitor message (as my PM inbox is busting at the seams and I'm too lazy to empty it) and I'll let you know what it is.

Sorry its a nuisance but it is what it is.

But for now (or for those of you who don't want to watch the whole thing) you can view the credits. I mostly rushed these together (even more so the first half as Maya corrupted the file 2 days before the deadline) to fill time for the music my composer wrote. Initially I just asked for music for the credits but she ended up doing everything which worked out really nicely and I'm glad she did.

Anyway that is here:

Don't hate me because I'm shit ^_^

Edited by Ashley

Enjoyed it very much. Narration is great and the style of animation is very unique. Love the authentic child drawn backgrounds too and Posimon.

Good job Ashley, you've put a lot of hard work into this and you should be proud of your final piece :)

I love the crayoning and the background music, it went really well with the animation! It was so cute when he catapulted off the ship!! And this part: "Columbus landed in America, and met...". Well done! This should definitely be something that both adults and children will enjoy!

I enjoyed (despite my intolerance for people who can't read / don't know know who Poseidon is.)

In fairness he's 7. And he knows who Poseidon is, just doesn't know how to say the name.

But thanks :)

I love the crayoning and the background music, it went really well with the animation! It was so cute when he catapulted off the ship!! And this part: "Columbus landed in America, and met...". Well done! This should definitely be something that both adults and children will enjoy!

Aww thanks :) All credit to my little cousin who did the backgrounds. Child labour FTW.

A good piece with voices and animation that fitted together well.

Shame about the lack of special thanks for N-E and me!

You are both my friend and my family Elliot.

Enjoyed it very much. Narration is great and the style of animation is very unique. Love the authentic child drawn backgrounds too and Posimon.

Good job Ashley, you've put a lot of hard work into this and you should be proud of your final piece :)

Thanks dude :)

Charming animation, and good dialogue (which was really nicely spoken). Nice one. :)

Thanks! I can speaks me some good speaks!

I enjoyed it (sorry for the lateness).

I hate it when people tell me my work reminds me of someone famous' work but I'm gonna do it anyway. :P It reminds me of the Jerry Jackson cartoons and that's a compliment. I think it's clear to see a lot of work when into this though, which was risky with the style. But it's short and sweet and there's little to complain about.

Hope it does well.

I read the "I'm sorry" part first (yes I started in the midst of a sentence) and my heart sank thinking you hated it :heh:

I don't mind being compared to people (I compared it tonally to 30 Rock myself at some point, which may be me bigging my own work up but I can come up with reasons) and thanks for the name, will check into it :) Someone who came to our show last week suggested David Shringley (or something like that) too.

And thanks for the feedback :)