Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think £10M is a fair deal, £13M at most. But that just tells you how much Wenger values him and proves it's a panic buy and not a calculated decision.

A whole summer gone to waste.

Yeah, 13 or something would've been a fair deal.

You can say about Liverpool overspending on players, but realistically, if those players turn out to be successes for the club, then it'll be worth it. Look at the fee we paid for Rooney all those years back, or on Ferdinand. Over the odds, but they've contributed a lot. If Carrol stays in that Liverpool squad for the next decade and helps them to lift trophies, then it'll be said that he's a success.

Wenger is a great guy, but he's gotta stop all this accountant bullshit. He's a football manager. Let the chairman and the staff worry about the money, and you just concentrate on building a good squad.

Wenger is a great guy, but he's gotta stop all this accountant bullshit. He's a football manager. Let the chairman and the staff worry about the money, and you just concentrate on building a good squad.

Especially now when we've got a surplus of money and squad that really needs investment.

I would love it right now if Fergie came in with a bid for him. :heh:

He won't.

Maybe Neil Warnock will, ahahaaha.

Haha, would be funny in a sadistic way.

Rumour is Arteta now wants the move, hints of even a paycut. Interesting.

Dave Bassett so fucking clueless, no idea, shit manager, why is he on SSN?

Were they the ones that were swearing/ making rude gestures? I was away from the TV but heard an apology from the presenters.

Spurs rejected £40million for Modric. Ridiculous from both perspectives, he isn't worth that (I think £20) and Spurs are silly for not accepting it!

Were they the ones that were swearing/ making rude gestures? I was away from the TV but heard an apology from the presenters.

Spurs rejected £40million for Modric. Ridiculous from both perspectives, he isn't worth that (I think £20) and Spurs are silly for not accepting it!

Harry Redknapp claimed it was 40 million, this is the same man that claimed Bayern Munich put in a 20 million pound offer for van der vart just before he signed him for Spurs, both Real and Bayern strenuously denied this.

Take anything 'arry says with a pinch of salt.

STOP PRESS - Meireles has submitted a transfer request!!

Edited by James

Uhh, that's a pretty stupid move by Meireles.

Also, I had a major laugh today when I read something about Tevez:

A few weeks later, City thought they had agreed a deal with Corinthians for the sale of the striker, only for the Sao Paulo-based outfit to pull out because they could not finalise the transfer before the close of their international transfer window.

Inter Milan have also been consistently linked with the player, but instead opted for Atletico Madrid's Diego Forlan to replace Samuel Eto'o.

A combination of the fee wanted by City for Tevez and the player's salary demands seem to have warded off potential suitors.

Tevez is yet to start a game for City this season, with Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko preferred in attack by manager Roberto Mancini.

The forward has also lost the club captaincy to Vincent Kompany, while his place in the Argentina national side has again been taken by Aguero.

Had to laugh. So...no longer Captain of your club, no longer first choice, no longer first choice for your country, and nobody wants to buy you.

:laughing:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!