Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I don't think you're far wrong...

I was thinking of that when I made the post. :heh:

It's like the Roy Hodgson face rub.

I was so confused by this. I wasn't sure if the part where he rubbed his face was sped up or not, so I had to watch, pause, rewind, watch (repeat). Its still bugging me!

Also, lets be honest here: Arsenal were never really in for Mata.

I'm starting to wonder if Wenger has his scouts in Libya, he keeps saying he'll add quality when he finds it. No other big club appears to have problems finding quality.

I think he wants quality but at unrealistically low prices. Not really sure how much he is really willing to spend on a player. Also, I don't think anybody really knows the "type" of player that he wants. Not sure if he knows.

There seems to be something not working behind the scenes, it's either the manager or the board. One of the two must be stalling, either on fees, wages or desired players.

I've never been so close to wanting David Dein back at Arsenal Football Club as I have been these last few days.

Downing really impressed me in the game against Arsenal, can't say the same about Andy Carroll, he looked completely out of his depth.

He will come good, he just needs integrating. He plays alot better with Suárez in the team, they work well with each other and their skill sets compliment one another.

In a season or two I'm confident we'll have the most feared strikeforce in the league! :)

He will come good, he just needs integrating. He plays alot better with Suárez in the team, they work well with each other and their skill sets compliment one another.

In a season or two I'm confident we'll have the most feared strikeforce in the league! :)

You'll be good, but Dzeko and Aguero caught my eye today. They looked really good actually. Dzeko looks more comfortable having someone up there with him.

Two strikers are needed for every team, imo. You need that partnership up front, with the midfielders joining in to assist and get goals. United have Rooney & one of either Hernandez, Berbatov or Wellbeck (most probably will be Hernandez). Liverpool have Suarez and Carrol, City have Dzeko and Aguero.

Chelsea had Drogba and Anelka, but it might be Torres and someone else now. Spurs and Arsenal are two of the top four contenders who don't really have a strike partnership.

Dzeko was really good today, as he was against Swansea. Could be a darkhorse for the golden boot.

Who do you want to see start up front Ell (and other Chelski fans), assuming you sign Mata.

Mata--Torres--????

Pretty sure that's how your attackers will lineup. Who would you play on the right?

If I were somebody like Daniel Sturridge, I would feel pretty worried. Chelsea have Drogba, Torres, Anelka and Lukaku who all play in that position, and there are others who can probably fill in there, too. He impressed last season, so it must be worrying for him at the moment.

If they have 3 up top, Maddog, that's assuming that they play three in midfield. Who would those three be? Malouda - Obi Mikel - Lampard? Malouda gets forward often, as does Lampard. So, that leaves Obi Mikel to man the midfield alone. Unless Mata and the other player tracks back to help out. I can't see that working against some of the harder or more energetic teams.

I decided in the pub just now that I think that Arsenal, with their current squad, will come 6th this season (Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal). There's just not enough depth in the squad. They could easily come 7th if they had someone other than Wenger at the helm.

I decided in the pub just now that I think that Arsenal, with their current squad, will come 6th this season (Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal). There's just not enough depth in the squad. They could easily come 7th if they had someone other than Wenger at the helm.

Really depends on if he buys during the transfer window. I would be surprised if he doesn't buy, but he may try to prove a point by not "panic buying" and going with what he has.

If he keeps the same squad, with Nasri leaving for City, I think 6th is a good estimation. Although, I think Spurs will need to get a striker soon if they want to aim for a top 4 spot. With the way things currently are, the top four will be United, Chelsea, City and Liverpool. But, football doesn't always go to plan.

To be honest I'm really not sure how the line-up will turn out. I wondered who would be taken out and think Ramires would be the most likely.

Obi, Lampard, Mata, Malouda, Torres and Drogba hopefully.

I wasn't convinced by Alex on Saturday which is a shame because I think he's usually great but seemed to struggle especially against Long a few times.

The way we line up, we only usually play one up front but there's not a better forward in the premiership than van Persie. Obviously he needs to be fit and to his credit he has been for a good while now, it's not a coincidence how well he played in the second half of the season.

Latest stories doing the rounds today is that we've put offers in for Jagielka, Hazard and M'Vila. If we signed those 3, things would change quite quickly I feel. Even though we were missing so many first team players on Saturday against a side that had over £100 million in new players, we weren't out matched in anyway. Wenger doesn't have to go mad, those 3 would do very nicely :D

Edited by Jon

To be honest I'm really not sure how the line-up will turn out. I wondered who would be taken out and think Ramires would be the most likely.

Obi, Lampard, Mata, Malouda, Torres and Drogba hopefully.

I wasn't convinced by Alex on Saturday which is a shame because I think he's usually great but seemed to struggle especially against Long a few times.

On paper that looks good, but will either Drogba or Torres enjoy playing out wide? Also, if they're out wide, they have to be relied upon to track back and defend. I can see Drogba doing that more than Torres, but ideally you'd want both of them up front harassing defenders rather than wasting their energy defending.

The way we line up, we only usually play one up front but there's not a better forward in the premiership than van Persie. Obviously he needs to be fit and to his credit he has been for a good while now, it's not a coincidence how well he played in the second half of the season.

Latest stories doing the rounds today is that we've put offers in for Jagielka, Hazard and M'Vila. If we signed those 3, things would change quite quickly I feel. Even though we were missing so many first team players on Saturday against a side that had over £100 million in new players, we weren't out matched in anyway. Wenger doesn't have to go mad, those 3 would do very nicely :D

You play one up front, but then when Van Persie is injured or off-form (it happens to every striker somewhere in the season), who will lead the line? I thought Chamakh had a good start last season but I'm not sure what Arsenal fans think of him.

Also, if you buy those three players, that will be nigh on 50 million you're talking. (M'Vila for somewhere between 15-20, Hazard 23-26, Jagielka is English so about 17 or something million for him, maybe more) So, that is the equivalent of Wenger going mad. :heh:

I can see Hazard going. Everton would be foolish to let Jags go, as Moyes said he is the best defender at the club. But, they're in dire straits so need the money...hope they don't sell him for their sake. M'Vila, not really sure. Could go either way. If Arsenal land all three, that's a massive boost. If they can keep Nasri in the process, then Wenger has done very well.

On paper that looks good, but will either Drogba or Torres enjoy playing out wide? Also, if they're out wide, they have to be relied upon to track back and defend. I can see Drogba doing that more than Torres, but ideally you'd want both of them up front harassing defenders rather than wasting their energy defending.

You play one up front, but then when Van Persie is injured or off-form (it happens to every striker somewhere in the season), who will lead the line? I thought Chamakh had a good start last season but I'm not sure what Arsenal fans think of him.

Also, if you buy those three players, that will be nigh on 50 million you're talking. (M'Vila for somewhere between 15-20, Hazard 23-26, Jagielka is English so about 17 or something million for him, maybe more) So, that is the equivalent of Wenger going mad. :heh:

I can see Hazard going. Everton would be foolish to let Jags go, as Moyes said he is the best defender at the club. But, they're in dire straits so need the money...hope they don't sell him for their sake. M'Vila, not really sure. Could go either way. If Arsenal land all three, that's a massive boost. If they can keep Nasri in the process, then Wenger has done very well.

It's a fine line with RVP but it's hard to bring in another top striker and tell him he's only being used when van Persie gets injured.

For about the tenth time in the past two weeks there's a report on Arsenal's website with some quote from Wenger that goes along the lines of 'i'm not afraid to add quality'. I actually believe him, but i'm not seeing much evidence of it at the moment and deals are only going to get harder with 9 or so days left in the window.

For about the tenth time in the past two weeks there's a report on Arsenal's website with some quote from Wenger that goes along the lines of 'i'm not afraid to add quality'. I actually believe him, but i'm not seeing much evidence of it at the moment and deals are only going to get harder with 9 or so days left in the window.

Did you see the O2 advert that said "How will you spend your transfer funds?" or something to that effect. According to one of the websites I visit the club received a lot of complaints and had to take it down.

Absolute morons running that website now, the media watch section that actually posts newspaper bollocks, rumour and speculation on the website is a disgrace. And don't get me started on usa.arsenal.com .

On Sky Sports News a few of them were given a 50m budget as Arsenal manager and they had to come up with players to sign. Nigel Winterburn said 10m for Kevin Doyle or Drogba would be a good purchase. lol.

This chav agent was slating the other two for not being realistic. He goes through his. Vidic on there for 25m, and Baines for 9m i think. Complete muppets.

It's a fine line with RVP but it's hard to bring in another top striker and tell him he's only being used when van Persie gets injured.

What about going with two up top? Maybe somebody to hold the ball up for Van Persie to run on to. Also, if something does happen to Van Persie, he could then lead the line. Van Persie's role could then be done by Chamakh.

It would give Arsenal an extra dimension to their play. Although, in order to do this, the midfield needs to be strong. So, you'd need somebody strong in the centre to control that midfield.

What about going with two up top? Maybe somebody to hold the ball up for Van Persie to run on to. Also, if something does happen to Van Persie, he could then lead the line. Van Persie's role could then be done by Chamakh.

It would give Arsenal an extra dimension to their play. Although, in order to do this, the midfield needs to be strong. So, you'd need somebody strong in the centre to control that midfield.

That's not a bad idea but out wide is one position where we've actually got an abundance of players. I'd be very happy with those three players I posted about earlier, I certainly don't think we would need much more than that.

That's not a bad idea but out wide is one position where we've actually got an abundance of players. I'd be very happy with those three players I posted about earlier, I certainly don't think we would need much more than that.

I don't really mean a wide player, because ideally this player would be playing through the middle. Maybe they could go out wide, to offer something different during the game. But, what I'm talking about is going with two up front, a main striker and then one to act as a foil.

The three players mentioned would be good additions to Arsenal. Jags is quite versatile, so Arsenal could do well to get him.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!