Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Beyoncé

mcj metroid

You didn't just bring up lyrical prowess in a debate involving Lady GaGa and Beyawncay did you?

(she didn't even write it anyway)

Commander is a brilliant dance pop song from that stable of sounds (Guetta et al). It's all in the delivery and production. Chorus of 09's char songs. The bit where it should end (in the extended dance mix I have, of course, no shitty radio edit) but doesn't. :love:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assumed that's what he meant when he said "Hubba Hubba" hence why I talked about hotness.

He was referring to her verse.

I actually thought Video Phone (the single version) was decent. Not great.

You didn't just bring up lyrical prowess in a debate involving Lady GaGa and Beyawncay did you?

(she didn't even write it anyway)

Commander is a brilliant dance pop song from that stable of sounds (Guetta et al). It's all in the delivery and production. Chorus of 09's char songs. The bit where it should end (in the extended dance mix I have, of course, no shitty radio edit) but doesn't. :love:

*when in Paris*

Yes I know it's not her song, she chose to associate herself with it which is even worse.

You love it, I think it's trash. Deal with. ;)

You also seem to take any opportunity to tell everyone how ugly you think she is though. :nono:
Am I not allowed now?

If I think her style is ugly and her face is ugly I can say it.

He was referring to her verse.

After the third person that told me that, I still don't think it stuck. What was he referring to again?

You seem to delight in saying it though. I'm sure Gaga would think you're ugly as shit too!

Rawr. :hmm:

You seem to be taking this very personally.

Anyway, sidestepping that totally untrue statement because she would obviously love me. I saw Gaga in the Graham Norton show and she was doing well. Totally threw away that cuckoo vibe she had when she first started.

If an artist has more things that I like about them I'm obviously going to like them more. Like with Gaga, she has a few songs I like and they are very good. But some of her style is so over the top that it's not very appealing. She also likes wearing just a bra and fishnet tights in a good few bits of her videos and I think she does not look well in them. So adding it all together, I'm not going to love her over anything. I also think her dancing is a bit boring, but I like her gay activism.

Whereas Beyonce has a fantastic voice, loads of emotion behind most her songs (Listen - anyone?), looks pretty fantastic, sexy and appealing in everything she wears. Has some really cool dance moves, they're not like any other artist I know. I've liked basically all her songs so far and she seems like a really nice woman in general, empowering women and doing her own thing. So excuse me for liking Beyonce more and claiming I need a bit more than just singing to like an artist. Even listening to someone's song, if I like the person, I'm going to like the song more, it's natural.

So in conclusion, Gaga is ugly. :p

You have a disturbing fixation with 'beauty'.

The fact Gaga is 'ugly' (i.e normal looking) is an incredibly positive thing.

I don't like the word 'ugly' as well. It's so damning. Incredibly powerful and cruel word.

It's not a fixation. I'm obviously going to like things that look nice over things that don't if judging them on that alone. It's a fact of life.

But I don't, I judge these artists on many things. If an artist has a lot of songs I like, I'm going to like them as artists. If I think they look nice, I'm going to like them even more. I don't see what's wrong with that. Visual appeal is a cumulative factor to the overall product.

Why does her character sound thick?

I think Beyonce is really cool in person and seem very down to earth in her interviews.

Her songs are always about being a gangsta, except female. Her lyrics are always pretending she comes from a rough background or something, she grew up very well off, and yet you have lyrics claiming she is a hustla' and a female gangsta' and if you want to get with her you have to be a tattoed gangbanger, carrying a gun and dealing drugs with as much gold in your mouth as on your body...

Her songs are always about being a gangsta, except female. Her lyrics are always pretending she comes from a rough background or something, she grew up very well off, and yet you have lyrics claiming she is a hustla' and a female gangsta' and if you want to get with her you have to be a tattoed gangbanger, carrying a gun and dealing drugs with as much gold in your mouth as on your body...
And where did you get this conclusion from?

Kelly Rowland has put out/been associated with her fair share of crap too though... Commander anyone!

princeWTF.gif

What on

EARTH

are you talking about?

Get out of the thread! GET OUT OF THE THREAD!

Basically Paj! has perfectly explained my feelings about the statement above, lmao. Commander is a great song and the music video is awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

'4' has leaked btw.

Started listening. It's definitely going to flop. Hard. First major single has already died a painful death, and the changing 2nd single choices due to lukewarm reactions to every one announced isn't a good sign. Nothing on the album is a potential hit in the current chart music climate.

It has good production, and feels very classy and definitive and like it's not bothered about being successful though. Not a whole lot of powerful hooks thus far though.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!