NEurope
The Peeps

The End Of The World Mafia

Thinking about it, wasn't Esequiel a politician? And aren't politicians fairly weedy and non threatening (except one in particular)?

So the threat theory of mine doesn't quite work out in that situation.

I still think Tales is lying though, we don't have any evidence for any more redirectors so he really had no excuse for the Rummy fiasco.

Yes, we do.

Although the redirector targeted me that night, so it doesn't matter.

Thinking about it, wasn't Esequiel a politician? And aren't politicians fairly weedy and non threatening (except one in particular)?

That's true Cube. And it said he appeared shady under investigation. If HeroicJanitor was only a role investigator, and if mr-paul was unreliable, then there would be no reason to have someone who appears shady.

Esequiel's role was to appear evil. You don't believe it is your role and are putting doubt on my role. There are, as far as I'm aware, no other alignment investigators exist. My role is Peep's twist on alignment, giving a threat level instead of plain "good/evil/neutral". This isn't a massive game in terms of player numbers, it looks like HeroJan was a role investigator and my role is the most solid thing we've got to find mafia, apart from trackers telling us who killed someone (and even that was false yesterday, whether Tales is evil or his result was wrong, I am not sure.)

And 10/10 is a pretty clear indication that there's something up with you.

This combined with your relative inactivity, secrecy and only really coming out to deflect attention off Jonnas, as well as your targets being suspect - Why would you protect Jonnas and Dyson when you have no idea what they do, when there are investigators/trackers in the open like myself and Eenuh who keep getting roleblocked/are prime targets to be killed???

Sorry, you defo seem mafia to me.

When a power gets such a wrong result on me, of course I'm going to question its validity! And I've never denied it was part of my role! In fact I pointed out myself that I believe my appearance (which is a part of my role) to be the reason for why you're getting a wrong result.

My inactivity is related to several factors, one of them being that my focus was more on Jonnas's game, and another being that I've had other things on my mind lately with my moving out in a little over a month. That's also the reason why my targets have been random instead of carefully planned, because I really haven't followed the game so closely as to get clear view of whom I can trust yet.

And I'm a protector, for crying out loud! Of course I'm going to be secretive in the beginning when my info isn't relevant. I revealed as much as I had to in order to clear up misunderstandings and suspicions, and when people started becoming suspicious of me, I came clean with my role and my actions.

The only actual thing you have on me is that threat level, and all things considered it's not a very reliable result you've got, what with it mistaking townies for suspicious due to character traits like for instance looking like a monster.

Yes, we do.

Although the redirector targeted me that night, so it doesn't matter.

Oh yes, I remember that now. There goes my theory :hmm:, although yeah, if he targeted you then it makes no difference.

As well as that, you got told when you were redirected so Tales should have been too if that was the case.

Regarding Jonnas, his story seems more plausible. Mundi, you got that Jonnas was malnourished?

Yeah, only time I got a PM about who I targeted.

I would connect that to the person who enhanced my power as the reason why I got a PM.

I'm starting to agree with mr-paul. Dannyboy is acting a lot more like the SSBB2 mafia member than the Gent's townie he appears to be. In SSBB2 he was very low key like right now and in the Gent's he appears to be much more active even though he's a protector there as well.

Both these games run/ran alongside G2, so it's not an entirely fair comparison, plus, as I said, I've had other things on my mind lately.

That's true Cube. And it said he appeared shady under investigation. If HeroicJanitor was only a role investigator, and if mr-paul was unreliable, then there would be no reason to have someone who appears shady.

I never actually said his power was unreliable as such, I think he's just been very unlucky with his targets and hit those that appear shady. I still consider a threat level a more vague result that a good/evil result, but that's a bit beside the point in my case due to the 10/10 rating.

This combined with your relative inactivity, secrecy and only really coming out to deflect attention off Jonnas, as well as your targets being suspect - Why would you protect Jonnas and Dyson when you have no idea what they do, when there are investigators/trackers in the open like myself and Eenuh who keep getting roleblocked/are prime targets to be killed???

I wasn't sure about what to think about Dannyboy up until this point - it's made me think he probably is a mafioso.. but I'm not sure enough. My lynch in the Gentlemen's is stopping me from being hasty and going with the first sign of evidence :heh:

Dannyboy - do you protect or do you stop everyone from reaching a target?

As in do you only stop night kills?

I wasn't sure about what to think about Dannyboy up until this point - it's made me think he probably is a mafioso.. but I'm not sure enough. My lynch in the Gentlemen's is stopping me from being hasty and going with the first sign of evidence :heh:

Dannyboy - do you protect or do you stop everyone from reaching a target?

Since there are no specifications to my protection power, I believe it's the standard variation, i.e. it stops everyone else from targetting my target, be it killers, roleblockers, cops etc.

(That's my own understanding of the standard protection power, at least.)

When a power gets such a wrong result on me, of course I'm going to question its validity! And I've never denied it was part of my role! In fact I pointed out myself that I believe my appearance (which is a part of my role) to be the reason for why you're getting a wrong result.

My inactivity is related to several factors, one of them being that my focus was more on Jonnas's game, and another being that I've had other things on my mind lately with my moving out in a little over a month. That's also the reason why my targets have been random instead of carefully planned, because I really haven't followed the game so closely as to get clear view of whom I can trust yet.

And I'm a protector, for crying out loud! Of course I'm going to be secretive in the beginning when my info isn't relevant. I revealed as much as I had to in order to clear up misunderstandings and suspicions, and when people started becoming suspicious of me, I came clean with my role and my actions.

The only actual thing you have on me is that threat level, and all things considered it's not a very reliable result you've got, what with it mistaking townies for suspicious due to character traits like for instance looking like a monster.

First of all, I don't buy "Jonnas' game takes up all my time" as an excuse.

If Esequiel had turned out good but there was nothing shady about him, I was willing to doubt my results. However, it matched up with him being shady, which is why I got a 9/10 result on him. From that point on, I trusted my results fully unless someone can tell me that i've been manipulated and bnack that up with evidence.

The only thing saying my results are unreliable is your word that you're townie. Nothing else suggests I'm paranoid.

Yes, you may have come clean with your actions, although we can't completely validify if you're telling the truth about them, but your targets seem suspect to me.

Why protect Dyson? Why protect Jonnas?

Why didn't you protect people who had come out as investigators and trackers?

Well if Jonnas was connected to Zombies like you theorised, as in a zombie himself, I would imagine a different description.

So many people are getting information on others and then it turns out completely wrong. How does this keep happening, someone must have some sort of power that just gives someone completely wrong information in keeping with their character role.

Not saying that you have wrong information Mundi. Just trying to figure things out.

Everyone seems to not care about Tales, Mundi has moved on from Jonnas somewhat, Dannyboy is looking the most suspicious. I think I'll vote: Dannyboy.

So Dannyboy, if we don't lynch you, who do you suspect yourself???

Show me why I should believe you are a townie. Who are your suspects?

It's gonna take a lot of convincing.

Dannyboy, even if you were not paying enough attention to know who were the good powers, you can always play it safe and go for the big talkers, like ReZ, Cube, me etc.

BTW, I still want to keep an eye on Tales.

Jonnas, jayseven, Dohnut, Dyson among others are also on my suspicious list.

And it might sound a bit vengeful but I still wanna know who this earthquake/flood person is!

Did anyoneget stopped by them last night?

Well if Jonnas was connected to Zombies like you theorised, as in a zombie himself, I would imagine a different description.

So many people are getting information on others and then it turns out completely wrong. How does this keep happening, someone must have some sort of power that just gives someone completely wrong information in keeping with their character role.

Not saying that you have wrong information Mundi. Just trying to figure things out.

Everyone seems to not care about Tales, Mundi has moved on from Jonnas somewhat, Dannyboy is looking the most suspicious. I think I'll vote: Dannyboy.

Well I'm thinking he can command them, so being a zombie is not the prime issue.

I'm not completely moving from Jonnas, I just think we have a more solid lead with Dannyboy and I want to avoid having multiple things to focus on right now.

How do you propose he can command zombies. I can't think of an instance where zombies have been controlled by someone unless for Resident Evil, but they had Las Plagas and their leader was a monster too. Haven't played the ones with actual zombies.

First of all, I don't buy "Jonnas' game takes up all my time" as an excuse.

If Esequiel had turned out good but there was nothing shady about him, I was willing to doubt my results. However, it matched up with him being shady, which is why I got a 9/10 result on him. From that point on, I trusted my results fully unless someone can tell me that i've been manipulated and bnack that up with evidence.

The only thing saying my results are unreliable is your word that you're townie. Nothing else suggests I'm paranoid.

Yes, you may have come clean with your actions, although we can't completely validify if you're telling the truth about them, but your targets seem suspect to me.

Why protect Dyson? Why protect Jonnas?

Why didn't you protect people who had come out as investigators and trackers?

Jesus Christ, you can't just say "I don't buy it as an excuse"! I honestly haven't paid as much attention to this game because it hasn't excited me as much as Jonnas's game did! I'm sorry if people are offended by that, I'm sorry if it's a dickish thing to admit, but it's still the damn truth, and you can't just refuse to accept it as a valid explanation!

At least now I feel more engaged in this game because I have to defend myself. :heh:

Besides, it's not the only reason why I haven't been as active, as I've already explained. My inactivity and random targets are inseparably linked, so it's not like I can provide reasoning there. My. Targets. Were. Random. As in I don't have an explanation for them. I just looked at the list of players and picked a name.

I don't believe your power is unreliable in general, you've just hit two people whose threat levels don't match their alignment. You can't deny, though, that threat levels between 1 and 10 are bound to fluctuate, and that a threat level is generally less clear than a good/evil result, but that's irrelevant in my particular case.

It's like you're not reading my arguments at all. :blank:

We're all reading your arguments Dannyboy, we just don't think they are very convincing.

Jesus Christ, you can't just say "I don't buy it as an excuse"! I honestly haven't paid as much attention to this game because it hasn't excited me as much as Jonnas's game did! I'm sorry if people are offended by that, I'm sorry if it's a dickish thing to admit, but it's still the damn truth, and you can't just refuse to accept it as a valid explanation!

At least now I feel more engaged in this game because I have to defend myself. :heh:

Besides, it's not the only reason why I haven't been as active, as I've already explained. My inactivity and random targets are inseparably linked, so it's not like I can provide reasoning there. My. Targets. Were. Random. As in I don't have an explanation for them. I just looked at the list of players and picked a name.

I don't believe your power is unreliable in general, you've just hit two people whose threat levels don't match their alignment. You can't deny, though, that threat levels between 1 and 10 are bound to fluctuate, and that a threat level is generally less clear than a good/evil result, but that's irrelevant in my particular case.

It's like you're not reading my arguments at all. :blank:

I think as a protector, you have a responsibility to carefully select your targets based on suspicions/who seems like a likely target to be killed. I don't think you've taken your role seriously enough or done enough to appear townie, regardless of my investigation result.

And surely, you can be an aggressive townie, but I am sure I wouldn't detect your threat at 10. I'm a scientist, and a good one I believe.

It seems like you're mafia because you only become active when you're under suspicion.

So tell me. Who do you suspect? All you've posted in this thread is deflections off of people who also seem suspicious and defending yourself.

So Dannyboy, if we don't lynch you, who do you suspect yourself???

Show me why I should believe you are a townie. Who are your suspects?

It's gonna take a lot of convincing.

Since you've already decided I'm evil, I doubt anything I say or do can change your mind, so it's a rather silly thing to ask me to do.

Also, like I've said several times, I haven't actually paid that much attention so far, so I naturally don't have much in terms of suspicion at this point. Tales is a good place to start, though, as we have no good explanation for what happened there. I'm not sure about Jonnas's story, either.

Dannyboy, even if you were not paying enough attention to know who were the good powers, you can always play it safe and go for the big talkers, like ReZ, Cube, me etc.

I'll remember that for next time.

I'm off out for the night. You aren't doing much to help yourself Danny.

SPEAK LATERS DUDESSS.

We're all reading your arguments Dannyboy, we just don't think they are very convincing.

That's all fine and dandy, that's up to you, but mr-paul seemed to ignore them altogether. It really is funny how everything you do and say is twisted to appear evil once people have decided you're up to no good.

I think as a protector, you have a responsibility to carefully select your targets based on suspicions/who seems like a likely target to be killed. I don't think you've taken your role seriously enough or done enough to appear townie, regardless of my investigation result.

Well, of course I have a responsibility, and I also freely admit I haven't paid as much attention to this game as I should have! I've already apologised for it, but I can't just undo it. If you find it enough reason to lynch me, then go ahead.

And surely, you can be an aggressive townie, but I am sure I wouldn't detect your threat at 10. I'm a scientist, and a good one I believe.

It seems like you're mafia because you only become active when you're under suspicion.

So tell me. Who do you suspect? All you've posted in this thread is deflections off of people who also seem suspicious and defending yourself.

At least these are valid reasons to suspect me, even if they're wrong. I listed the few suspicions I have above.

I'm off out for the night. You aren't doing much to help yourself Danny.

SPEAK LATERS DUDESSS.

I'm doing all I can, but since you've already decided I'm mafia, there's not much else I can do, is there? ¬_¬

BTW, I still want to keep an eye on Tales.

Jonnas, jayseven, Dohnut, Dyson among others are also on my suspicious list.

And it might sound a bit vengeful but I still wanna know who this earthquake/flood person is!

Did anyoneget stopped by them last night?

I'm getting used to this now, tbh :p

Sorry, I've been at work all day (again) and with freelance I've had no free time until now. I have more freelance to do this evening so I may not contribute a massive amount tonight but after that I am free to talk.

Suspicions wise I'm not totally convinced by the 'Dannyboy is evil' theory, although the way he was acting has started to convince me otherwise. With Esequiel turning out good I don't fully trust mr-paul/'s power, but it would be useful to discover once and for all whether he/it can be trusted, and if we get rid of a mafioso in the process then all the better.

I understand that Tales' information was just downright wrong, and that it could happen to anyone, but Rummy was all pissed off about this so I do think it's still worth looking into. I may have missed something but is there any explanation at all as to why his info was so wrong? Redirectors or anything? As Cube said yesterday he clearly didn't manage his action before he died. I just cannot understand it, and as I said yesterday if it was a mafia play it was really stupid, which leads me to trust Tales more. That said it could have been a double-bluff. Either way, if someone could investigate Tales tonight it would be useful, as I really don't know whether to trust him.

As for Jonnas... he seems like the best lead to me. I'll go with Dannyboy if that's the consensus as I do suspect him (simply because of his actions today) but I think Jonnas is a better lead to push today.

I quite like Will Smith, and I have a running joke with my friends that in all his films he has his top off at least once to show his manly torso, so for him to be malnourished sounds wrong. Also, considering he targeted the person who was killed tonight... just fits a little too well.

Like I said, I'll happily go with Dannyboy today and Jonnas (or Tales, depending on any investigations tonight) tomorrow, but for now I'll Vote: Jonnas

(Sorry for the wall of text.

TL; DR

I suspect all three of 'em, but will happily go with Jonnas or Dannyboy today and the other tomorrow)

(simply because of his actions today)

Out of sheer curiosity, how have my actions today made you suspect me? I've simply defended myself with what I have, though I admit that the single-mindedness of my accuser annoyed me somewhat and that it showed in my posts.