NEurope
gmac

Attack the Block (Movie) - May 11th

Surprised nobody has posted anything about this yet.

The directorial debut of Joe Cornish (of Adam & Joe Fame) is Attack the Block and it comes out next Wednesday in the UK.

Looks fun, can't wait to see it.

weird did a search and never found that thread :p

Yeah, it happens sometimes. I've made a couple of threads that I couldn't find and then after I make it, someone tells me that it's already happened. Ah well, I agree with you though, does look funny.

Just come from watching this at the cinema... it's an AWESOME film! I give it 8/10 and I'd definitely say it's a must-see!

Edited by Kav
Spelling mistake. Silly me!

Yeah, it's really good. Really good action too, Kick-Assey in that sense. The mental 9 year olds are great too.

Good time for British comedy, what with Submarine the other month and all.

Love all the jokes at this guy too.

attack_the_block_02.jpg

I'd go out there myself if I wasn't so profoundly stoned

Urgh..

Had the misfortune of watching this film last night. In less than 5 minutes the whole London/street slang accent and wording was really grating on me.

The jokes are not funny, the plot predictable and if anything it just reinforces the sterotype that chavs/gangs/etc are all violent knife carrying drug users.

Well it's nice that you have an opinion, it's just a shame its wrong this time :p

This is a joke, please don't be angry :-P

Loved the film, acting was surprisingly good and the action was excellent. Loved it!

Edited by Nintendohnut

I have not seen this film, but never have I wanted to see a film less from watching its trailer. :p

The trailer really doesn't do this film justice, I wasn't all that interested in it after only seeing the trailer but after seeing Joe Cornish do a few interviews and hearing what he wanted from the film I had to watch it and it sure lived up to it.

It's great!

Fucking wicked film!

Great dialogue, perfect building of the monster/how much you see of it - Joe Cornish is a legend. Awesome action, really REALLY cool but simple monster design, great acting, great setting, great effects.

AND on top of all that, where I live got a mention! Notoriety FTW.

"I'm in the bin where we hid from the guys from Aylesbury"

Or words to that effect. Everyone in the cinema turned to their (viewing friends/partners) and whispered/giggled.

Apparently and more likely (I didn't know there was one) but it referred to the Aylesbury estate in LDN.