NEurope
Platty

Bin Laden is Dead

I haven't followed the news on this at all because I don't really care because I don't really think it's going to make anything change, as a result I never bothered checking, but did they offer some solid proof this actually happened?

No, probably never will either.

I just remembered something I read somewhere: some religious scholars pointed out that the way in which they disposed of the body was not in accordance with Islamic traditions. Does anyone know anything about that?

Sounds right, burials at sea only permitted if the person dies on a ship, and the correct burial procedure wasn't followed. Also taking a tissue sample for the DNA test would not be allowed.

http://www.seaservices.com/Muslim.htm

So, they weren't following Muslim funeral rituals, so there must have been another reason for dumping the body, wonder what that could be?

Simple, to stop shrines popping up around the burial site, and/or to stop people from digging up the corpse as some sort of trophy?

Not everything is a conspiracy.

Simple, to stop shrines popping up around the burial site, and/or to stop people from digging up the corpse as some sort of trophy?

Dude. Open your mind.

Dude. Open your mind.

No way man, if I open my mind then the government's brainwashing rays will be able to exert control of me.

But that's what you wanted isn't it? I'm onto you.

Possibly, I didn't study it closely. I thought it looked different, but I could easily be wrong.

I tried a reverse image search (if that does anything). No results.

Exactly. I don't have the link on me right now, but the US offered the corpse to Saudi Arabia and they refused on those grounds. Knowing no one else will accept the body, they did the next best thing and buried him at sea. Buried, not dumped in the ocean.

I tried a reverse image search (if that does anything). No results.

They do work, I've conducted many perverse image searches.

Oh wait...

4044390-osama.jpg

Another possible photo, posted on Twitter by a Mick Swagger.

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

4044390-osama.jpg

Another possible photo, posted on Twitter by a Mick Swagger.

Looks legit.

A distinction without a difference.

Makes a slight difference if you're factoring what America said about doing it according to Islamic tradition.

Edited by Supergrunch
Automerged Doublepost

A conspiracy theorist without rational thought :zzz:

Scratch that:

20jqruv.jpg

20hosxc.jpg

2lmqhi9.jpg

Edited by arab_freak
Automerged Doublepost

Buried, not dumped in the ocean.

Doesn't one involve dirt and water and the other one just water?

can the mangled corpse images be stuck in spoilers guys? Not something I really want to see late at night... (and isnt this a "family safe" forum?)

Anyways, on topic, he's dead. Not gonna stop the "terror" plight, but well, at least that's one less piece of work hiding in the shadows

can the mangled corpse images be stuck in spoilers guys? Not something I really want to see late at night... (and isnt this a "family safe" forum?)

Or better yet, just don't post them. If I want to see a corpse, I'll Google it, but for now I'm good.

Put images of dead corpses behind a cut please.

The nightvision one above is borderline as what you can see is very mild but blood and brains everywhere is not really cool folks.

You say folks, there was only one person posting grim pictures..

edit:

.. on second review, I've just seen Danny posted one too. Way to ruin my post Danny! :weep:

You say folks, there was only one person posting grim pictures..

edit:

.. on second review, I've just seen Danny posted one too. Way to ruin my post Danny! :weep:

Mine wasn't as bad. :( And I actually spoilered the grim one I quoted earlier because I thought we'd already seen enough of it.

Yeah, very nasty.

The strange thing is, it makes me think how horrible WW1 must have been.

Apparently Obama and his administration has decided against releasing the pictures. I can understand the conspiracy believers (read: crazy people Mad Monkey) will just say this proves they didn't kill him, but those pictures Mr-Paul linked suggest I'm better off not seeing the pictures.

It would only incite more trouble anyway.