NEurope
Aimless

Crime Drama

the BBC Wallander adaptations with Kenneth Branagh were really something else. Everyone should check them out.

It's so awesome that MBAM! accidentally introduced Scooby Doo in this thread :grin:

woop woop :-D i love me some scooby doo:bowdown:

The only thing close to a "crime drama" I can think of that I've watched recently was Sherlock, which was ace.

It was good but it was let down by a shitty ending. Although I have an idea how it may start up, although it has one massive flaw.

Did they ever explain how the taxi driver always lived in the first episode? My theory was that he built up an immunity, a concept they stole from The Princess Bride.

You just can't beat a bit of Columbo, I love it. You get to see the murder at the beginning, yet you're always amazed at how brilliantly Columbo solves each case.. Just a shame that the later episodes (you can always tell) aren't as good as the earlier episodes.

They should make a show about a serial-killing sassy teen who works as a pie maker! :hehe:

Obviously she'd need to be played by Kristen Bell.

She's staring in a new show called House of Pies Lies actually.

Kristen Bell should be forced to play Veronica Mars forever and ever. :blank:

Kristen Bell would gladly play Veronica Mars forever and ever.

WB should be forced to not be dicks.

WB should be forced to not be dicks.

That would also work! :hehe:

Did they ever explain how the taxi driver always lived in the first episode? My theory was that he built up an immunity, a concept they stole from The Princess Bride.

... he really just was clever enough to make the victim take the one with the poison.

Would anybody count Death Note as a crime drama? I'd say so.

NO! ANIME!!!!!!!!!!!!1

What kind of anime? :p

Also, Death Note is a movie as well! lol. It's still a drama with crime stuff in it, lmao.

From what I watched of the film it's more of a melodrama.

Whilst "crime drama" doesn't explicitly have set boundaries — it's more of a meta category, with numerous subset genres — I'd tend to section off anything supernatural into its own thing. It doesn't seem right to think of The X-Files as a crime drama, for instance.

Edited by Aimless
Typo