N-Europe

Firefly/Serenity Fans?

Happenstance

Just thought id see if there are any other Firefly fans here.

Ive only just got into Firefly myself, didnt like the look of it when i first saw it and it took a lot of convincing from other fans for me to watch it.

Ive seen the entire series now and absolutely love it so cant wait to watch Serenity and hopefully a second season will be made after that with the great reviews serenity is getting.

Was lucky enough to see "Serenity" a few weeks back, and I can say that it really is one hell of a film, dramatic, scary, funny, it has everything, along with great acting, a good story, and excellent special effects.

People who loved "Firefly" should love this movie (if they're willing to accept that not every single thing they loved from the series can be fit into a 2 hour movie (be patient, if this makes Universal money they're signed up for 2 more movies)). People who never saw "Firefly" should give this movie a chance, I thought that everything you would need to enjoy the film was provided, there are just a few lines and references that they won't get like the "Firefly" fans will.

Can't wait till October 7th to see it again.

I used to like Firefly! I didn't see much of it though as it was only on Sci-Fi in a crappy time-slot. :/ Methinks I'll buy the boxset sometime soon.

Fox really are bastards for canceling the TV show though! Low ratings!? If they'd advertised it better and didn't have it in such a crappy time-slot, then maybe it would have done better. I really hope the movie convinced 'em to air a series again.

At least it is becoming a movie now rather than dieing out - though I dunno why they changed the name to Serenity. Still looks brilliant though,. I really can't wait for this! ^^

Fox have the TV rights to Firefly for 10 years, Universal have everything else (including rerun rights, which is why it's now being reran on SciFi in the US), if after 3 films Universal decide they want to make a TV series they will have to renegotiate with Fox to be able to do so (unless it's 2012, by which time I believe the TV rights will be up for grabs).

Unless Fox realize they made a mistake and offer Joss and Universal bucketloads of cash to come back to TV rather than making another 2 movies.

How is it that this topic is open and Ashley hasn't replied? Something is wrong with the world.

Was watching Lost for three hours. Was within another fandom, fear not :p

But yes, as you can probably tell by my sig (which is due to change soon actually) im a fan, a big damn fan (other fans will understand the reasoning for the wording). Really looking forward to it in just under three weeks time, already got plans to go with my recently converted browncoat. Gonna try and scare up more interest.

Beautifully written, beautifully shot and beautifully cast (mmm Jewel Staite) is how I would describe it. Would like to watch it again before the film but my friend has my boxset and im watching Lost through, and Veronica Mars is due to arrive at my house soon.

Would reccomend the comics. Went into Midtown Comics in NYC just to browse. Bought the 2 issues that were out then (Kaylee and Inara covers), the visual companion and novelisation of the film. Havn't looked at the last two cause of spoilers (the visual companion has the script). Ordered the third issue and dying for it to come.

So yeah, im a fan ;) Oh and if you're a fan check out Wonderfalls because a) its great, b) Tim Minear wrote/produced (think it was produced) it, as he did Firefly and c) it has Jewel in. What more could you want?

Oh tits forgot Mail on Sunday's magazine had a three page feature on Serenity today. Bugger.

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I could have got there but its like £25 on the train. Also wish I could make it to London for the Serenity-athon thats going on down there (Nathan on GMTV, Summer Joss and Nathan on TRL and signing at HMV and the premiere) but alas, also expensive. Shes apparently returning to the UK in November (so she says) so maybe I can then.

And damn she looks fine. Seen this poster thats in the Euston station? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v35/Angelite/uppright.jpg Trying to get someone to ask her tomorrow how she feels about her breasts being all over the underground but alas nobody will.

Met Summer Glau yesterday while she was in Milton Keynes, damn shes fine! Had a quick chat about Serenity with her while she signed a firefly pic for me.

I went to Collectormania too. As a regular I have to say, it was the shittest one yet.

I think the first Collectormania I went to was either number 2 or 3. It took me until last weekend's (8) to realise the stalls don't really change, selling the same old stuff. This one had a real poor list of guests, which is odd because Collectormania usually has a number of top guests.

So who did you meet this weekend then? I was never actually going to meet anyone but about half an hour before I was about to leave I bought a Firefly pic from one of the stalls and decided that I couldnt pass up the chance to get Summer to sign it.

I just wish I paid more attention to the stall I got the pic from because id like to see if they had a website so I could get some more.

I didn't go to see anyone. I usually get Lord of the Rings or Star Wars autographs. I've got quite a few now, but there wasn't any guests I wanted to meet. Instead I decided to have a look around the stalls, it was a day out, I suppose.

I ended up spending £3.99 on a Blade comic, and saved myself some cash to Nintendogs on friday.

Yeah I now regret not going to see Nick Brendan on Sunday aswell but for now Summer was definately enough. I meant to watch GMTV this morning for that interview.

I think its amazing how much of a difference there is between normal Summer and watching River on firefly. When I originally started watching it I really liked Kaylee but meeting Summer has totally changed that now!

Yeah im off to see it on Sunday, cant wait. Im having to stay away from Firefly sites this week as im going to stay spoiler free on this one.

You're wise to do that, as this is a film you need to see without spoilers. Go forth and enjoy ;)

Hmm still dunno whether to go again. Costs £15 with trains and such but its such a shiny movie.