NEurope
ReZourceman

Grand National 2011

Finished work and saw a text from my brother. He won £190... I wish I had a proper job that didn't pay minimum wage.

Actually if I'm wishing for stuff, I wish to win the lottery 8 weeks in a row (yeah only 8 weeks, I don't want to be greedy).

Part of me hates the Grand National. It's purely for fun from a betting stance as there's too many horses to make a serious wager. Two horses had to be put down this year after suffering nasty falls aswell :nono:

The Grand National is the only horse racing I bet on, just a bit of fun.

Unless your one of the poor horses that gets its neck broke.. :nono:

Here we go. The wild assumption that "just a bit of fun" refers to the race and not the bet.

I don't think anyone wants to see the horses or jockies hurt.

As Ramar said, I find it fun for the bet and I wouldn't want to see any of the jockies or the horses hurt. There's a part of me that doesn't like The Grand National because I dislike the whips they use on the horses and the way that the jockies can yank the reigns on the horses looks horrible too. It's partly why I only bet on The Grand National and not regularly.

The race horses probably have better lives than any others. They have the best everything.

Unfortunately Coleslaw, they weren't put down, they died on the track!

There are many calling for it to be scrapped. I'm not sure about scrapped, maybe lower the bloody jumps a little so it isn't incredibly risky if the horses can make it or not?

I dunno.