N-Europe

Pokémafia 9 : Red and Blue

ReZourceman

Thanks Peeps.

I guess because Dohnut is actually a water pokémon with an ice beam?

Well, back to my theory.

See all of our evolution powers are leaf stone/water stone trigger. I was guessing that the firey equivalent would be the same. Tales is a fire pokémon, and claims to make people evolve, yet on night 4 he targeted Cube, Charmander. He did not evolve. You'd epect with fire on fire, he'd evolve. But nope. He remained charmander and died when Mewtwo did.

This made me wonder whether the bit about evolving in his PM was made up, seeing that Dannyboy got a low reading on him.

I did come up with one explanation, that this "Power of the Sun" wasn't actually for fire pokémon, but would instead make Eevee evolve into Espeon. I'm guessing Eevee turned into Flareon through Cube targeting him at some point (there was an Eevee, right, i'm not making it up I dont think!). But would it make sense for Moltres to have a light power? If there's a couple of water evolvers, would there be a couple of fire evolvers? Could Cube only evolve by targeting himself? There haven't been any other grass pokémon who could make Peeps evolve, have there? Were we expected to work out that we could target ourselves? I wouldn't have worked it out until when my power was enhanced by Ell and chair when ReZ said "you can target yourself as well as someone else." Was this planned all along or did he tell me this to get me to evolve in the way that Peeps did?

So yeah, that is a bit rambly. I'm not sure what I conclude from all of that. But that was my thoughts. Is Tales evolving power legitimate? Does Dohnut really have a water stone? Did he make anyone evolve? I've never targeted chairdriver so someone else must have evolved him.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Peeps.

I guess because Dohnut is actually a water pokémon with an ice beam?

Well, back to my theory.

See all of our evolution powers are leaf stone/water stone trigger. I was guessing that the firey equivalent would be the same. Tales is a fire pokémon, and claims to make people evolve, yet on night 4 he targeted Cube, Charmander. He did not evolve. You'd epect with fire on fire, he'd evolve. But nope. He remained charmander and died when Mewtwo did.

This made me wonder whether the bit about evolving in his PM was made up, seeing that Dannyboy got a low reading on him.

I did come up with one explanation, that this "Power of the Sun" wasn't actually for fire pokémon, but would instead make Eevee evolve into Espeon. I'm guessing Eevee turned into Flareon through Cube targeting him at some point (there was an Eevee, right, i'm not making it up I dont think!). But would it make sense for Moltres to have a light power? If there's a couple of water evolvers, would there be a couple of fire evolvers? Could Cube only evolve by targeting himself? There haven't been any other grass pokémon who could make Peeps evolve, have there? Were we expected to work out that we could target ourselves? I wouldn't have worked it out until when my power was enhanced by Ell and chair when ReZ said "you can target yourself as well as someone else." Was this planned all along or did he tell me this to get me to evolve in the way that Peeps did?

So yeah, that is a bit rambly. I'm not sure what I conclude from all of that. But that was my thoughts. Is Tales evolving power legitimate? Does Dohnut really have a water stone? Did he make anyone evolve? I've never targeted chairdriver so someone else must have evolved him.

I have to admit I was reading that and thinking: "Where is he going with all this?" :heh:

Whether Dohnut's power is a mafia power to help stop townies reaching majority easily, or a townie power to reduce mafia ability to jump on bandwagons, I don't know. All we know is he's had a good investigation, he's been honest about his powers (to an extent) and hasn't used Ice Beam at least for a while, had positive lie detection results and a good investigation from you.

Something still makes me suspicious of him. I'm not sure what.

I kinda feel like we should question Dannyboy a bit more over what happened in the write up. A lie detection power is quite easy to make up, but he was honest about his power's name.

I don't want to lynch anyone until totally sure that theyre the best option.

I targeted myself on the first night to confirm my ability as an alignment investigator. ReZ said he hadn't planned for that and evolving myself was a loophole. It's likely that Tales would've evolved me seeing as there were no other grass Pokémon in the game.

Power of the sun is a strange one but I think it was that in the last game too, also solarbeam is a big part of my defence now that I'm Venusaur so there's the link with the sun there..?

And again, the old fail-safe of Tales having a double vote and Jonnas having a double vote.

Vote Dannyboy-the-Dane - 0 ; Tales

What the hell?!

Nintendohnut :nono:

(just because it really made me laugh)

There has to be a redirector of some kind because otherwise the universe doesn't make sense. I bet ReZ is loving this so much lol I know I would be!

Why would a townie remove voting privileges?

Why would Tentacruel have ice beam?

If Tales is the last mafia I'm going to be very annoyed lol. I suspect you (mr-paul) more than him and it bloody well better not be you! :laughing:

Don't suspect me, i'm just a simple Blastoise!

All the starter pokémon are good! And I exposed Sméagol with the water/ice link!

That's what makes me want to go for Nintendohnut, but everyone else apart from me and you seems a little bit dodgy to me!

If only you hadn't been stupid and had investigated Tales like you should have!

This reminds me of the Harry Potter game Peeps, where we deliberated for ages on who you had to target to win and you chose the wrong one!

Right well I can basically comfirm to you that I am not the remaining mafia member by simply deduction.

Last night two people died. I assume one was through the machine and the other was through the mafia kill. However, last night, as you can see by the result of the voting etc, I did in fact target tales with my power. I could not have performed the kill, therefore, and this proves that I am not the final mafia member.

I realise my ice beam looks suspicious but like mr-paul said, I have been totally honest throughout about my powers etc. Chairdriver evolved because I targeted him, because after he came back I knew he would evolve when I did. So yeah, don't really know what to say about that. It was definitely me, and as far as I am concerned proves I wasn't lying about that either.

A for my power, if I'm honest I'm not sure why I remove voting privileges but as you can see I really haven't used it very much in the game... Like I said, I used it on Eenuh at the start as a test, chair to evolve him, and then haven't used it again until last night. I have been totally honest throughout the game, and I don't really know what else to say apart from that!

As for Dannyboy, I think the fact he has helped bump off three mafiosos and cleared me as good helps me believe him really. Why would a mafia member do that? He could have gotten me lynched the other day. Plus Peeps, your investigation proved him good! And seeing as your investigation did the same for me I know we can trust it. With all that in his favour I'm much more willing to vote tales than to vote for Dannyboy.

We need to make some kind of decision here!

THIS IS VERY DIFFICULT BUT EXTREMELY AWESOME

So do we go for Tales?

I think his tracking power is genuine (he came out with early on that he knew that Dyson had been targeted by Zell) but then there's all this confusion over re-direction. The night that I targeted him and got that he was a protector he was shown in the write up targeting Cube. Does he have lots of different powers?

He's had rubbish lie detector results,

BUT he has a double vote and we've had a mafia double voter dead already.

He was honest about a power called brute.

I really do not know.

Would it make sense for Jynx (psychic) to have some sort of write up/PM/target/result altering powers? He's ice... but he has voted for 3 out of 4 mafia members. I'm not sure what Tales' figures are.

Possibly, but I thought you had analysed his power and found out what it was called. What was it again? Was it ambiguous enough that it could mean anything?

A I've said I'm much more suspicious of Tales than Dannyboy, his story just doesn't make sense to me, there are way too many holes in it.

We were all a bit silly to vote off Eenuh.

But the thing was, we were in the same situation, no-one really had anything strong against them, and we linked Porygon to the future/steel structure type thing.

We just need to try and not get it wrong again this time!

If I remember right, yesterday Tales wanted to go after Nintendohnut when we we settled on Eenuh. Nintendohnut put the final vote on there.

I'm not sure if that tells us anything or not.

Whoever is the mafioso is playing extremely well.

Right well I can basically comfirm to you that I am not the remaining mafia member by simply deduction.

Last night two people died. I assume one was through the machine and the other was through the mafia kill. However, last night, as you can see by the result of the voting etc, I did in fact target tales with my power. I could not have performed the kill, therefore, and this proves that I am not the final mafia member.

I have to say, this convinces me.

Unless there are two mafiosos (Dohnut and another) and they're playing around with us!

Tales, you have retained your character role. But with experience comes power.

Moltres (Stalker, Influential, Brute) Moltres can target a player in the night phase. You will be sent a PM back stating who targeted that player. Moltres' votes count for double. If Moltres is targeted in the night phase to be killed, it will simply diminish its huge flame body. It will take another kill attempt to finish it off. (Power of the Sun - Moltres holds great sunshine power inside its body. If Moltres targets specific Pokemon they will evolve.)

I didn't say I could survive one night kill because it would be good for the town if the mafia wasted a night, and they probably wouldn't dare targeting me again. I think that's what happened with MadDog since he is also a legendary bird. I'm okay with telling now considering this is most likely the last day of the game no matter what happens.

Eenuhs role pm is different from mine...

These are the posts that Danny analysed... bolded the parts that may affect results. Dannyboy finds out how truthful a person is... well does that mean opinion is disregarded? It's not a lie but it's not a truths either...

I kinda feel like we should question Dannyboy a bit more over what happened in the write up.

You can question all you want, but I'm afraid it won't do anything. :hmm: Honest to Zeus, I have no clue what happened. None of it makes any sense. I targetted Tales and got a result as normal. I didn't dance, I didn't shoot any pink ribbon thingies, and I most certainly never went anywhere near MadDog. This is why I suspect the mafia to have had a write-up-altering ability, at least during last night, since my actions are so out of place and character.

---

I forgot about that actually, Nintendohnut removed Tales's vote so he definitely didn't kill.

It is either Tales or Dannyboy. Dannyboy has already been investigated by me and came up good...

But... the double vote thing :hmm: surely that would've been used a lot more if they had both been mafia? Maybe Jonnas's was optional or just a one time vote?

Starting to sway over to Tales now.

---

I forgot about that actually, Nintendohnut removed Tales's vote so he definitely didn't kill.

It is either Tales or Dannyboy. Dannyboy has already been investigated by me and came up good...

But... the double vote thing :hmm: surely that would've been used a lot more if they had both been mafia? Maybe Jonnas's was optional or just a one time vote?

Starting to sway over to Tales now.

I wouldn't put it past ReZ to pull something like two people with potential double vote powers in the mafia, especially if there is only one mafioso left - which I both hope and think is the case. ReZ likes to keep us guessing with his games.

I stick with my vote for Tales. He is by far the most suspicious in my eyes.

Current Players (20);

Brian Mcoy, Cube, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Diageo, Dyson, Eenuh, Eddie Coleslaw, Ellmeister, Heroicjanitor, Jayseven, Jonnas, MadDog, Marcamillian, mr-paul, Nintendohnut, Rummy, Sméagol, Tales, The Peeps, Zell.

Majority has been reached.

Vote : Zell - 11; Marcamillian, Diageo, Cube, Dannyboy-the-Dane, Nintendohnut, Jonnas, Rummy, heroicjanitor, Dyson, jayseven.

Please tell me Jayseven had a double vote. He did didn't he? I'm sure that's right. That means Jonnas did not have a double vote (except that one time).

I will vote for Tales if everyone else agrees.

The night before Jonnas was lynched he was targeted by Ellmeister!

Someone say something!