N-Europe

Nintendo Service Centre - Sending Wii for Repairs

Mokong

Got it back just now... YAY

Nothing on the memory though... BOO

Think they gave me back a different Wii completely, had to go through set up again. The serial number on the bottom doesn't look right... though I didn't take it down, but pretty sure it ended in a 3, this ends in a 2 and the MAC address is different....

Lucky I found I had a few Mii's including my own on one of my Wiimotes... need to remake the families ones though.

And need to restart MH3, damn... might start that this evening :heh:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked the Shop Channel, that is all ok, can redownload everything I had before and it was already connected to my Club Nintendo account... don't know if the Console Friend Code is still the same... couldn't be bothered with that anyway I guess, hardly used the messaging anymore, just played the online games.

I am so worried about my data...

Since you didn't have the HBC or anything "not so nice" on yours I'll say you should be fine. Have you checked the status of yours on the website? What's the story on it?

Argh, bummer. :hmm:

How motivated are you feeling about restarting MH then?

Played today 5 hours... up to hr13... got a fire and water Sword & Shields built... how's that for motivated, haha.

Think I'm just in a pissed off kinda motivated mood... like... you wanna screw me over, I'm gonna run riot on this game even more now, mwhahahahaha

Since you didn't have the HBC or anything "not so nice" on yours I'll say you should be fine. Have you checked the status of yours on the website? What's the story on it?

I got an e-mail today charging me 29 English pounds for a new disk drive! I called them and they said it should be OK but said they couldn't give me any guarentees! Still a little worried, but paid the bill, so hopefully I'll be back in business soon...

I got an e-mail today charging me 29 English pounds for a new disk drive! I called them and they said it should be OK but said they couldn't give me any guarentees! Still a little worried, but paid the bill, so hopefully I'll be back in business soon...

I'm finding it a little unfair you had to pay for the repair... before they found the hbc on mine it looked like it was gonna be fixed for free.

did you put a note in mentioning it broke while playing black ops? and that it was a launch day wii? (i assume it was)... afterall it is technically a known manufacturers defect that caused the problem regardless of warranty.

anyway hope you get it back soon and safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about all your problems Mokong X-C :(

I realise this is probably not very helpful now...but...if you already had the homebrew channel installed why didnt you use a homebrew save file manager to backup the 'uncopyable' save files? :confused:

Edited by Link83

cuz then I'd need to homebrew it again to reinstall those saves.. (though since I reckon they've given me back a new Wii I dont the think the online saves would work on a different Wii anyway.) And to get the HBC back on it I'd need to buy/get one of teh Lego games that are the only current hacks at the moment and I couldn't be bothered getting a game I had no intention of playing :heh:

• 8 months later...

If you ever need to repair or fix your Nintendo consoles, a good place to go to is www nintendorepairshop com They offer a lot of how-to videos and do it yourself guides, to help you fix your broken consoles. This website also has some interesting videos about the latest games and articles as well.

Nintendo Repair Shop

www nintendorepairshop com

: peace:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!