NEurope
Stocka

Final Fantasy Official Thread

If it's online then that is a huge plus persuaded me to get it now ,hope it's real.

wow this looks better then i thought it would ..

if ff6 looks this good on ds i will soil myself ..(ff6 is the best game ever created , to remake it would cause whales to sing , solar eclipses to eclipse and clowns to spray , just a-little more laughing gas into there victim's unexpected eyes...)

wow ...

Yes I too would be overjoyed if they decided to redo FF6. It was the game that got me hooked to RPGs and is still one of my alltime favs.

well they are releasing all the early final fantasy for GBA and 3 for DS so maybe 6 or even 7 isn't out of the question?!!?

Isn't FF7 being remade for the ps3?

I think might have to be my first FF game. The Wi Fi, whatever form it's in, is probably going to be the deciding factor for me

I don't think 7 is being re-made on the PS3 because Square-Enix said a while back it would cost too much and probably take 5 years to make if the entire game was like the tech demo at last E3.

Methinks that Microsoft might have just thrown enough money at Square to remake the game for the 360 or because of Square's new-found love for Nintendo again they could be making a cheaper, less graphically enhanced (i mean similar to this generations graphics) through the Game Designers Studio that Square and Nintendo both own.

Cool if FF7 did get remade for Rev I'd get out there right away and buy it.Is it confirmed that the FF for rev is a crystal chronicles? Cool if they said at E3,'Nah where actually making FF7 '

I doubt very much that FF7 will be re-made for anything apart from the PS3. Sony has too much control over Square-Enix to let that happen, plus it's pretty much their "get out of jail free card" if they get in trouble with PS3 sales in Japan (also US, EU aswell to some extent).

FF6 though I rekon could come to the DS if the FF3 remake is a success.

It's in the style of Final Fantasy 9, that makes me very happy.. I'm buying it.

I hope the Enix team don't wreck it up.

My only concern for this game now is music.

PS. Japan has no problem paying whatever they're going to charge for the PS3, the young professional demographic is huge. They have a strong enough economy to warrany such purchases.

Their get out of jail card would be more applicable in Europe and America. However I still highly doubt there will ever be a FF7 remake. It's just digging up history.

However I still highly doubt there will ever be a FF7 remake. It's just digging up history.

So are all these other Nintendo based FF remakes.............old history indeed. Doesn't mean people won't buy them.

Nice post there Colin.There are a lot of remakes,Mario 64 DS for one and thats's popular,look at the GBA that has a lot of remakes and the Cube has a few and a lot of them are still popular.History yes still popular.

Nice post there Colin.There are a lot of remakes,Mario 64 DS for one and thats's popular,look at the GBA that has a lot of remakes and the Cube has a few and a lot of them are still popular.History yes still popular.

Cheers. Well everyone is now jumping on-board the whole download old games feature for their new consoles. Even Sony are attempting this with having PS1 downloads for the PSP at the end of the year, and I think they plan the same with the PS3 being able to download PS2 games. Some games are obviously not going to be available to download, as they would want to milk them with remakes a few years later.

Games companies are proud of their heritage, and they'll always be using that to their advantage. New games are all well and good, but you can't keep a classic down.

but you can't keep a classic down.

Nice.

Never knew the PSP was getting PS1 downloads.Wonder how Sony will get round that.Don't think the PS2 downloads will work well for the PS3.We'll see.

So are all these other Nintendo based FF remakes.............old history indeed. Doesn't mean people won't buy them.

These games are far older though Final Fantasy 3 was made in 1990.. it was on a system which could debateably not do it justice.

Final Fantasy 7 not only did what the designers hoped it to do, but it extended their hopes onto a collosal 3 discs.

This remake for Nintendo DS is about doing the game justice but also bringing it to a new market of children who didn't enjoy Final Fantasy 3 the first time around for one of the following reasons:

- They weren't old enough to play it.

- It wasn't released where they live.

Final Fantasy 7 was a huge success, around the world and because it was in 3D it gave the designers so much more space to work..

I'm not saying never.. I'm sure there will be a Final Fantasy 7 remake one day. Just not yet.

On top of that there are several legal issues that would have to be dealt with.

As of 2005, it is the only installment in the series to have never seen official English localization, although Nintendo of America and Square have announced that in 2006 they plan to release an upcoming enhanced remake for the Nintendo DS handheld system in Japan.

haven't they remade 7 for the PS2 recently?

EDIT: i was sure i read somewhere they were, but I can't seem to find any info on it if they have, maybe I saw the PS3 demo vid thing?

LOL that's going in my signature.

glad I could be of service:)

I'm never gonna live this down now:( DAMN YOU BRAIN!:)

These games are far older though Final Fantasy 3 was made in 1990.. it was on a system which could debateably not do it justice.

Who says that at that time they had this massive idea for FF3 anyway? True that technology always limits, but if we know no better then surely we would be happy with a good result in the first place. But I do agree. There's are loads of 8bit era games that I would love to see updated now, on any of the consoles.

Final Fantasy 7 not only did what the designers hoped it to do, but it extended their hopes onto a collosal 3 discs.

If they'd done all the cutscenes in real-time, then they could have got that game onto one disc easy. But high quality fmv back then was a blessing.........everyone loved it.

and lol @ comment about PS2 ff7. I think it was rumoured though, but that may of been fans that had their lives revolve around the game when the ps2 first launched.

I'm not a massive Final Fantasy Fan, nor am i a graphics whore. But, i'm loving what i'm seeing and hearing about this game. Enough perhaps to even warrant a purchase. :)

MonkeyDluffy could you be thinking of Dirge of Cerberus. It's a third prson shooter starring Vincent Valentine and it's set three years after FF7 and it's on PS2.