NEurope
Hamishmash

My Fake Pokémon Bring All the Nerds 2 the Yard & They're Like "Its Better than Ninty"

On deviantART someone started going "Why is this an Ice Pokemon??" and I said because poltergeists and haunted houses are often said to have cold spots and I love the idea of those cold spots really being lonely Tablogeists that just want a hug. And he said "Gengar makes cold spots and IT'S not an ice Pokemon!!"

Dude... they're different Pokemon.

On deviantART someone started going "Why is this an Ice Pokemon??" and I said because poltergeists and haunted houses are often said to have cold spots and I love the idea of those cold spots really being lonely Tablogeists that just want a hug. And he said "Gengar makes cold spots and IT'S not an ice Pokemon!!"

lolz!

These are two of your very best Spune! Brilliant!

Hahah, what an idiot.

I'd enjoy if the Voltorb similarity was more explored. Like, if Poltorb justified Voltorb's existence somehow. [lol]

Edited by chairdriver

I'd enjoy if the Voltorb similarity was more explored. Like, if Poltorb justified Voltorb's existence somehow. [lol]

...Nope.

The annoying anti-Ghost/Ice guy has struck again:

"Poliwag and Poliwhirl hypnotize, yet they're not Psychic.

Point is, abilities don't always have to go to typing."

Why is does it bother him THIS much? :P

Why the names for these? Poltorb is nice, Tablogeist left me wondering if I was a little slow.

Also, I can see his willy.

Poltergeist + orb = Poltorb

Table + Poltergeist = Tablogeist

I assume...

Edited by Paj!

I'M BORED. So here we go, despite most being self-explanatory:

MOWHOG - Mohawk - Mow - Hog - Hedgehog

FERNUNK - Fern - Skunk

BOARHAWK - Boar - Mohawk

MAGMOTH - Magma - Moth

BUZZURN - Buzz - Burn

BUGANAUT - Bug - Juggernaut

BOBARD - Bob - Mallard

BILLARD - Bill - Mallard

UMBRILLARD - Umbrella - Bill - Mallard

CLUKOON - Cluck - Cocoon

CLUKHEN - Cluck - Hen

ROOSTERIX - Rooster

WERERIN - Were-wolf

HOWLIN - Howl

TOBOO - Taboo - Tubo (Japanese for Fly)

KREEPO - Creep

LAMPOON - Lampoon (Roughly to make fun of) - Lamp (As it hangs)

GNOMITE - Stalagmite - Gnome

SHWIMP - Shrimp - Wimp

EBIRATH - Ebi (Japanese for Shrimp) - Wrath

BOMBARA - Bombara (Australian Surfer Slang for a large wave)

POBEARIAN - Polar Bear - Barbarian

DAMSETTE - Damsel

WILLOWOE - Willow - Woe

WICKERWOE - Wicker Man - Woe

CRANIAPE - Cranium - Ape

CEREBRILLA - Cerebral - Gorilla

KIDCANO - Kid (Young Goat) - Volcano

CAPRICASH - Capricorn - Ash

FLARMIA - Flame - Larmia (Goat demon)

TESLAPOD - Telsa (Inventor/Scientist) - Gastropod

MOLCOPOD - Microwave - Gastropod

KALGAE - Algae

KALECTROID - Kaled (alien race which became the Daleks in Doctor Who) - Electro - Oid (As in humanoid)

DYVA - Diva

AMBUSH - Ambush - Bush

TREETANK - Tree - Tank

CANONFORNA - Canon - Canon fodder - Forna

PIERCES - Pun on pierces and pisces

GRULL - Gull

POIGEON - Poison - Pigeon

PREDOX - Predator

HARLEFINN - Harlequin - Fin

SWIMINFOOL - Swimming Pool - Fool

FEMURY - Femur - Fury

OKAPIPAKO - Okapi (name of Giraffe creature) and reversed again just like Girafarig

VILLAINE - Villain (because... the film Alien has it's villain as the title... I dunno)

BODOWL - Bod (slang for a smart person) - Owl

DUNSPRISE - Dunsparse / Surprise

RATWIRE - Rat - Wire

RATIKTOK - Rat - TikTok

POLTORB - Poltergeist - Orb (As in "OMG! ORBS IN MY PHOTO!!!" but also because of his juggling balls)

TABLOGEIST - Poltergeist - Table (was originally holding a table but i preferred the chair but liked the name)

Ooh! Ooh! Another development on the Ice-hater

It seems just about everyone in the Fakémon-making community think they can slap whatever random types they want on just any Fakémon. It's nonsensical and ridiculous.

Ice-types generally deal strictly WITH ice or snow or anything arctic. For instance, Froslass (an actual Ice/Ghost) is based on a yuki-onna, a snow phantom. Just because a Pokémon can chill doesn't make it an Ice-type. If that was the case, then a lot of non-Ice Water-types would be Ice-type.

My reply "I'm just having a bit of fun..."

Edited by Hamishmash
Automerged Doublepost

Ooh! Ooh! Another development on the Ice-hater

My reply "I'm just having a bit of fun..."

You should ask him why Sharpedo is a dark type.

I said, "It makes more sense that Tablogeist is an Ice type than Gengar is a Poison type"

If that's all it took, then why isn't Tornadus Ice-type? Blistering winds can feel freezing cold. And Jellicent, it drags others to the freezing depths. Why isn't it Ice-type? And Empoleon, it's not Ice-type.

Look, lately, the Pokémon staff has put a lot more thought into typing than they did in Gen-1. There's lots of types implied by such technicalities that aren't used.

I genuinely don't want to drop this because I find it funny that this bothers him THIS much, that somewhere on the internet, one 20-year-old Brit drew a picture of a Pokemon which was a Ghost / Ice type when apparently, just because one of it's abilities is to give people frostbite and chill whole houses THAT DOESN'T MATTER COS IT NEVAH BEEN DUN B4!!!!!!!!!!!!

A) He is ridiculous.

B) I feel fool. I thought you were (European). I just looked at your location. Its the accented U!

I wanted to get my username changed to Hamishmash as that's my "animators" name and it's my uniform name EVERYWHERE except here but there were small protestors and a fire I think in this thread. So... meh...

And I'll take it as a compliment!

Pffft, if you want it changed then it should be changed. There is a name change thread in the top of the options of ...boards. DOOO EEEETTT.

P.S. when next pokermanz? :p

Hopefully tonight. I started on an evolution of Sharpedo but I didn't like it then I made THIS thing and I don't like this either.

16kw2on.jpg

Once the 100 is done I'll reveal the Urion b-sides. :P There's a lot of unused Pokemon.

Bane4s.png

Ha ha! Didn't even notice that!

I'm doing Mexican wrestler pokemon. I'm not sure about the design though...

B) I feel fool. I thought you were (European). I just looked at your location. Its the accented U!

...It annoys me so much that Brits love to pretend that UK isn't in Europe.

Speaking of Europe, I don't think that Mexican wrestler fits in this European setting. Why not a Russian cossack?

Speaking of Europe, I don't think that Mexican wrestler fits in this European setting.
That's a good point actually!

Unless he's a Mexican Wrestler coming over here and taking our jobs!

Well we are currently under Conservative rule... :heh:

Speaking of Europe, I don't think that Mexican wrestler fits in this European setting. Why not a Russian cossack?

Ah I only said that because I don't know what the collective term for those countries is called. I.e. not Spain/France/Italy, but the other ones. Middle/......East....Europe..ab. (Thats why it was in brackets)

I'm actually very proud to be European.