N-Europe

Modern Warfare 3

Murr

Just completed the campaign, found it enjoyable enough. Not sure how long it actually took me but it would probably have been around 5-6 hours overall. Havent played the Battlefield 3 campaign yet so I cant compare them.

Thought it was a shame that Soap didnt make it through to the end of the trilogy, didnt really care about Yuri though. I did wonder though why your US character (Frost) wasnt on that final mission for them.

Also, Mackarov seems to be damn good at healing! You stab him in the throat in the helicopter then when you start fighting him again back on the roof theres no sign of injury!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played it today.

It's as shit as i thought. Bland, boring, over the top, and just generally shit. How does it get such good reviews?

Bore off.

Idiots...

AC 130 has been nerfed, as have the standard helicopters. Coupled with the removal of the harriers it feels more balanced even with the stacked killstreaks.

Also the support class is a brilliant leveller, in that your killstreak carries on through death.

Bore off.

AC 130 has been nerfed, as have the standard helicopters. Coupled with the removal of the harriers it feels more balanced even with the stacked killstreaks.

Also the support class is a brilliant leveller, in that your killstreak carries on through death.

What? Are you not allowed to talk about negatives?

Ok.

It plays exactly the same as MW2. The graphics are average at best. The maps are as usual poor, and hardly differ. The story is rubbish, with pointless bits in which they try to immerse you, but totally fail. The ending is crap, and made me laugh. There's no new anything, no innovation, just the same game with a expensive map pack added on. The survival mode is the same as zombies, but seems to be even worse. The online system is crap, as are the little kids that hold the majority of players who play it.

Ok.

It plays exactly the same as MW2. The graphics are average at best. The maps are as usual poor, and hardly differ. The story is rubbish, with pointless bits in which they try to immerse you, but totally fail. The ending is crap, and made me laugh. There's no new anything, no innovation, just the same game with a expensive map pack added on. The survival mode is the same as zombies, but seems to be even worse. The online system is crap, as are the little kids that hold the majority of players who play it.

I'll save time and not argue back on some of those points (some are acceptable, some are bullshit). You don't like it, fair enough. It's still one of the best shooters out there.

Given that a majority of the decent elements of Infinity Ward left, it's hardly a surprise. A great name in the industry got destroyed by it's own brilliance. And Activision being dickheads.

If you're looking for what made Call of Duty, 2, and Modern Warfare so great, keep an eye on Respawn Entertainment (it was founded by IW leads West and Zampella).

Finished the campaign today, one of the most pathetic excuses for a sequel I've ever seen. It was exactly the same as 2.

Edit: Just seen MadDogs post, great minds.

The same as 2? Jesus, they can't even emulate the right game? I could understand copying Modern Warfare 1, as it's amazing, but MW2's campaign is so mediocre...

Fuck it, either way, I stopped caring about single player in CoD games.

Just had the absolute worst game of sabotage of my life. I'm a person who always goes for the objective. In nearly all my games I'm the only one going for the bomb. Usually it's ok as my team have a bit of a clue and at least help me get there or defend when I've planted.

This game, the whole other team were only interested in kills. They camped the whole game. I planted the bomb maybe 3 times, each time on a complete solo run. My team sat in our own spawn playing with their toes. So frustrating to be the only one in the server playing the game.

If you just want kills, play team deathmatch. This is why I'm so frustrated! They've made a conscious decision to play sabotage but they're only interested in their own kill counts to get a larger e-penis. Fucking dickheads.

Needed to vent.

Just had the absolute worst game of sabotage of my life. I'm a person who always goes for the objective. In nearly all my games I'm the only one going for the bomb. Usually it's ok as my team have a bit of a clue and at least help me get there or defend when I've planted.

This game, the whole other team were only interested in kills. They camped the whole game. I planted the bomb maybe 3 times, each time on a complete solo run. My team sat in our own spawn playing with their toes. So frustrating to be the only one in the server playing the game.

If you just want kills, play team deathmatch. This is why I'm so frustrated! They've made a conscious decision to play sabotage but they're only interested in their own kill counts to get a larger e-penis. Fucking dickheads.

Needed to vent.

That happened to me quite alot in MW2, why do they select a game mode they can't understand?

I actually played a game of TDM at my mates, ended up 16-2, the amount of retards on this game makes it piss easy.

It's so retarded. They only care about their combat records. NO ONE CHECKS! You don't look at some random player's account and think oh wow they have lots of kills. If anything you'd see their wins/losses ratio and think they're shit!

Black Ops had it so right. Domination mode you had a record of how many base captures and defends you had. Kills weren't prominent on the scoreboard. You had your score, and that was made up of kills + relevant objective score. I don't remember but I assume it was similar for bomb gametypes too.

In this game it's all about kills no matter what gametype you pick. It's so backwards and it's why Battlefield 3 is the better game.

There's just no real 'reward' for winning the game. People/common retards are happier playing out the full 20 minutes and seeing who wins in sudden death. FUCKING PLAY DEATHMATCH AND LEAVE ME TO MY SIMPLE PLEASURES!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!