N-Europe

Death Note

Ryuk

Are the rumours true that they are indeed making a new TV series with all new cast and location? I heard its set after 'vision's of a god' where ryuk tells another shimigami about his story of being in the human world and at the end you see the shimigami leave?.....

But a shimigami the god of the Shimmy.

shimmy.gif

(No, I hadn't heard that they were making a live action series after Death Note, but lets be honest, the live action movies were pretty dire in comparison to the anime, which was pretty lacking compared to the manga, so it's not looking good.)

tbh I think the thing that helpped the anime was the music, it kept the suspence alive, like when L would plan somthing or be talking about the case his music would start and you knew the case was being talked about, you didn't have that in the live action films..

I also thought the CGI for ryuk and rem weren't at all impressive it felt cheap.

The sequails to the anime I think if true is 50/50 for me it depends who writes them, if its the same guy then the % would incress I think for being good.

but it's shinigami not shimigami - the verb "die" is shinu)

(No, I hadn't heard that they were making a live action series after Death Note, but lets be honest, the live action movies were pretty dire in comparison to the anime, which was pretty lacking compared to the manga, so it's not looking good.)

I actually preferred the ending of the films ever so slightly to what happened in the middle of the manga, but otherwise they weren't nearly as good. And I've not seen that much of the anime, but it seems pretty identical to the manga.

The manga is fantastic, the anime goes a bit mental after a certain character goes on a permanent vacation. Fantastic production values though, well worth your time and money.

I have the live action movies on the list, but it's a very long list and I'm working my way through it ever so slowly.

lol not limited to DN? :P

Death Note

Death Note Last Stand

Death Note L Changes The World

-

Death Note L sucessors

Death Note Vision of A God

Just to state the obveious :P lol.

And theres apprently a americanised Movie of it set in america.

I've got the manga, watched the anime, couldn't sit through the live action movies (they're just awful when compared to the manga/anime) and also have Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases which is the story of the case where L worked with Naomi Misora (this is pretty awesome too).

I love Death Note!