N-Europe

Missed Chances

Beast

Okay, so I went swimming today since I decided that I really need to get back into it to lose some weight and I saw this girl there that I instantly liked for some reason. I wanted to talk to her but I didn't have a clue what to do or say and I weren't really confident enough because of my body size so I left it and just carried on swimming.

Now I think about it, I kind of wished I did talk to her. I suppose it didn't help that she was with her friend though.

Anyways, this is a thread about missed chances. It could be about anything from love to career opportunities to buying something. This is about missing and (possibly) regretting anything you wanted to do and you had the chance to do it but didn't. Has anybody had anything like this?

This one time I went in to Greggs to buy something pastry related, as you do. As I was looking about, the girl at the checkout simply said "Hey!" and genuinely smiled at me, which I thought was nice and so replied with a hey myself. Thinking nothing of it I picked up the bits, went to pay and got a chance to look at this girl. She really looked like my type and I'd only just met her.

At one point we made killer eye contact and my heart did that weird little flutter. After brief small talk at the counter, I was certain that she felt the same way (you know that feeling where you just know when they're interested? Yeah, that one) and that if I'd asked for her name or number then we'd be able to go out in the future some time.. but being me, I simply bought my bits, thanked her with a smile (as did she), left and walked home, with my mind flooding with thoughts of the girl. For a few weeks after that I'd often walk past the shop in order to see if she was working there, but I never saw her again.

Of course, it's not much of a regret these days as I've been with my gorgeous girlfriend for well over a year now, so it all worked out! :D But you always wonder what could have been..

This one time I went in to Greggs to buy something pastry related, as you do. As I was looking about, the girl at the checkout simply said "Hey!" and genuinely smiled at me, which I thought was nice and so replied with a hey myself. Thinking nothing of it I picked up the bits, went to pay and got a chance to look at this girl. She really looked like my type and I'd only just met her.

At one point we made killer eye contact and my heart did that weird little flutter. After brief small talk at the counter, I was certain that she felt the same way (you know that feeling where you just know when they're interested? Yeah, that one) and that if I'd asked for her name or number then we'd be able to go out in the future some time.. but being me, I simply bought my bits, thanked her with a smile (as did she), left and walked home, with my mind flooding with thoughts of the girl. For a few weeks after that I'd often walk past the shop in order to see if she was working there, but I never saw her again.

Of course, it's not much of a regret these days as I've been with my gorgeous girlfriend for well over a year now, so it all worked out! :D But you always wonder what could have been..

Haha, similar has happened to me a few times... genuinely gutting, but then I have no idea how to strike up chat with a stranger, unless it's alcohol induced or beginning of uni or whatever.

Happened to me in Greggs once and all! A very pretty and my-type girl buying a pasty or whatever. It never occurs to me to talk to people on the checkouts for some reason.

What do I regret?

Not much, although I regret uni. Wrong course and the wrong city. Ah well. and I guess A Levels. Biology and Chemistry, certainly bad calls, particularly the latter. 16 is far too young to make such decisions...

My main one involves not asking a girl out. Original. A girl I had liked for a while, there was suddenly a perfect opportunity to ask her out. Problem was I had just started a relationship with someone else... I'm fairly confident I would've been rejected, but I remain curious about it.

Weird, but I had a big missed chance tonight....or I would've, had I been acting a bit more in character. An unmissed chance I guess. Had a proper lengthy conversation with this cool dude I know (but don't) over a few smokes. Was great talking to someone who seems to be completely on the same 'Wavelength' as me.

Girl I like.. maybe a bit young for me but we definitely both like each other. The age difference (4 and a bit years) kept me away but now she's with someone I obviously want her more.

I'm not sure if I only want what I can't get... or I just can't get anything I want.