N-Europe

HMV to close 60 stores

Happenstance

Just to let you guys know that HMV were happy to replace my DVD boxset of 30 Rock that had a missing disc with a brand new boxset. All the discs were intact this time, sadly the box is a little damaged in the corners but what can you do. Incredibly, they were selling it at a sale price of £30 yesterday :o, when before Xmas it was going for £18 instore. While online it's £10 at Amazon/Play. The staff were very nice about it, just a shame their prices are a bit random.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually quite fond on going into HMV. I hardly ever buy anything in store though, but I like going in and browsing. Occassionally you can find some films for cheap prices, or the odd game or too. But, for new releases, I find the prices to be very high.

It is nice to be able to walk into a store though and take a look around to hunt for CDs that you're after, or for films that you want. I like being able to actually see this stuff in front of my eyes and hold the box. In that respect, I'll be sad to see more shops like HMV go. I loved MVC back in the day and was heartbroken when that was gone. Picked up so many CDs from there.

Interesting, I'd imagine that Dublin would be much better as it's the capital. Do you mean it's patchy all over or just in the little sections like jazz/metal etc. :confused:

I think the fact that not many people buy CD's from the jazz section also helps :p

Patchy all over. I'm trying to remember which one exactly, because one HMV is good and one is bad. The bad one is patchy all over, especially in the DVD section.

I've come to the realisation that stock in Dublin shops may be patchy because there are somany people here, so the good/ or not-so-plentiful/popular stuff gets snatched up rather quickly, so I don't see it :p It's not just HMV, I've found Lidls and Aldis in the country better stocked than in the city centre...