NEurope
gaggle64

Mass Effect 3

Awesome, get home and both copies* of Mass Effect 3 are on the table. Installing the disks, it's gonna be a long wait.

*One's for a mate of mine, i'm not that greedy.

You forgot how the game doesn't feature Xbox controller support! Even more ruinous!!!

Da fuck?! Didn't they learn from the previous game?! Wouldn't be surprised if it was bloody DLC.

I started playing did the initial beginning where I left the planet you start on and begin on the next but then decided I didn't like my face and started the game again just so I could change it...

Yeah I did that.

I started playing did the initial beginning where I left the planet you start on and begin on the next but then decided I didn't like my face and started the game again just so I could change it...

Yeah I did that.

Hahaha...

Yeah, did this too!

Still faffing around getting the EA account changed, trying to download the soundtrack before i begin Mass Effect 3. Currently, it thinks i'm on an old account.

Played over four hours, and I've barely started. I'm loving it so far.

Game is well worth the wait. It's like a beautiful cross between ME1 and ME2. They brought back the skill Carnage! Devastating!

And after the incident after the first mission, I am left wondering if I fucked up and could have done better. Still debating whether to start that bit over if I can.

Nah, it doesn't seem possible to make a dent in the shields.

Assuming that's the part you're talking about, of course. :p

One of my main worries about the game, based on the advertising, was that they were going to make it too "casual" - but it seems that they completely lied as it's a bit more RPG-like than Mass Effect 2. As Deathjam said - it's a lovely mix between the first and second.

Put 8 hours into this yesterday...loving it.

I love how adaptive the script, cutscenes are

Took Garrus and Javvik on the mission down to rescue the female Krogan, and they all had their own unique spin. The welcome back between Garrus and Wrex, Wrex commenting on Javvik being a Prothean. Javvik's constant comments about how everyone has evolved in 50,000 years. Love it!

I'm also loving the game, but doesn't anyone else think some of the dialogue has been painfully cheesy so far? Especially during the first couple of sequences.... Shepard seems to be spitting encouraging cliches at everybody. It's actually making me select more renegade choices on my paragon character, just so she doesn't say such corny things.

I always throw a bit of renegade about- Shepard is a bit of a hard ass for me, even though she's fundamentally an optimist of sorts.

I'm liking the tone of this game a lot actually. It's properly dark. Not in a really overblown way but the desperate tone is everywhere from the lighting to the description of casualty reports in the galaxy map and the war effort. I love it.

What do you guys make of James? Not sure I'm a huge fan but he's an improvement on wasssiface from ME2.

I dont like James, I think I probably prefer Jacob from ME2 but neither have been particularly good characters.

Have you looked at the board on the crew deck yet? I only just noticed it was a casualty list.

Edited by Happenstance

I completely hate him. While Jacob was bland, I didn't hate him like I do James.

Also, on the Citadel

The converted docking area heavily reminded me of BSG - especially the memorial wall

Jenkins and Pressley are also on that list, nice to know they weren't forgotten.

Speaking of that

Is it me, or have they completely removed the religious nut and xenophobe aspects out of her personality?

I suppose working closely with aliens in the first game changed her (or they wanted to make her a more appealing choice for romancing).

I wouldn't know ;)

Genuinely felt a stab of panic during the cutscene where Kaiden got attacked. The whole 'shit hitting the fan en masse' vibe got right under my skin I suppose: I can see several major characters biting the dust before I'm done with this.

Kaiden always remained a prick and always died on my playthrus. Fish lip Ashley (they are really really distracting, but she had the same affliction in the first game so meh) reformed and came to your way of thinking about other species. Still did the bible bashing though.

As for James or w/e his name is, he's a bloody robot. Like something straight out of an unreal engine game. Much prefer Jacob to him but after romancing Jacob, he makes my Shephard feel sick with his smarmy lines. Sadly James has carnage so unless someone else has it, he could be getting used more often than I would like.