NEurope
Happenstance

Buying presents for others?

My sister in particular actually annoys me as she makes a point of telling me she wont get me certain things because theyre too geeky etc. She always manages to say it in a way that its quite insulting to me as well.

Wow ... that's not very nice. :blank:

I remember a few years back a friend told me that she never had roses, and I found her this cute little bath-soap, which was designed to look like a bed of roses. I gave it to her, she remembered our conversation and loved it.

Aw ... but that is. :)

I'm quite bad, I want to give good presents but I'm so apathetic to the idea of receiving them that I can't really relate. So far I've got my little brother some Bioshock figurines and then my man chum a litre of Tanqueray Ten and Arkham Asylum. I'm getting him a third small one though but haven't the foggiest what it is yet. I've still got my two sisters, my other brother and my parents to buy for. Help!

I'm quite bad, I want to give good presents but I'm so apathetic to the idea of receiving them that I can't really relate. So far I've got my little brother some Bioshock figurines and then my man chum a litre of Tanqueray Ten and Arkham Asylum. I'm getting him a third small one though but haven't the foggiest what it is yet. I've still got my two sisters, my other brother and my parents to buy for. Help!

That's a good choice right there.

I like buying gifts for people I know, but we did a secret santa between some of my friends and I got someone who I really don't know all that well. I think I'll just get generic presents like alcohol/chocolates - if I try to get something quite specific to her it could end up being a massive fuck up.

I keep seeing things and thinkng "Oh, I'll get that for my sister", then realising I just want it for myself.

My dad's the worst to buy for.

"Dad what do you want for christmas?"

"Oh I don't want anything, just something small. I'm not bothered about anything so just get me something small."

Tuo cazzo piccolo?

As Jayseven said I'd be awesome if I had more money. Its being within a budget that's an issue.

That being said I have no idea what to get my brother, his girlfriend and my cousins.

I don't know what to get my mom and dad. Mom asked for some soap stuff but that's just kinda bleh to get I think.

And dad hasn't asked for anything. Most annoying thing ever. No clue what to get him. He doesn't read, doesn't watch films, doesn't use perfume etc. Only thing he kinda does is cook, but we already have a million cooking books heh.

I don't know what to get my mom and dad. Mom asked for some soap stuff but that's just kinda bleh to get I think.

And dad hasn't asked for anything. Most annoying thing ever. No clue what to get him. He doesn't read, doesn't watch films, doesn't use perfume etc. Only thing he kinda does is cook, but we already have a million cooking books heh.

How about utensils, kitchen accessories or posh ingredients for your dad? My dad loves cooking, too! I got him a giant perspex pepper mill last year :)

How about utensils, kitchen accessories or posh ingredients for your dad? My dad loves cooking, too! I got him a giant perspex pepper mill last year :)

We already have pretty much everything we need in our kitchen though. Nothing else I can think about. Only thing the family still wants is a blender, but I don't have the money for that heh.