NEurope
Oxigen_Waste

Good recent british sitcoms.

That Miranda show can be quite funny.

I was coming here to post this, as a joke. I hope you've done the same.

The first season of Teachers isn't too bad, worth a look at least. Not really sure how funny it is mind, but it's fairly humorous.

Ok, IT Crowd is lowest common denominator comedy. But it could be good, except that this retard has the worst comedic delivering ever... I thought I hated him when I saw FAQs about time travel, but he's shown me true meaning of pain even deeper:

_45314158_dowd_getty_466.jpg

DIE, SPAWN OF SATAN!

Also, Peep Show seems awesome, but since it's the longest I've only tested it's first 3 episodes.

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace is all types of awesome. Brilliant really.

However...

Nighty Night is just too good. Dear lord, this thing is brilliant (so far, at least... haven't seen season 2 yet). Best thing I've watched in a long time, really! Paj, you're the man.

Have yet to try Green Wing.

Oh yeah, and I completly forgot, Inbetweeners is just very very bad. Terrible kind of bad. It's clearly (badly) made for young kids. Just... nonsense.

There was a program I absolutely loved, called Coupling. Not sure if it's British, I'm pretty sure it is, but I thought it was incredibly funny.

It was, and is. I'd forgot about it til you mentioned it here, but it truly was piece of british awesome, my sister had all the dvds so I seen it through a few times. I think one of my(as if there could even be) favourite episodes was captain subtext and the cushions.

It doesn't matter when it was....this is a "good" British sitcoms thread. :p

(Its entertaining enough, but horribly predictable in a bad way)

Pots and kettles, ReZ!

Also, I guess it's ridding its wave and rather than being particularly british, it's just particularly random(is it even a sitcom?) but I'm suprised Mighty Boosh hasn't been mentioned given it was the hottest shit out there for a good part of the decade.

IT Crowd I wouldn't say is LCD, but I think it's quite geek in places, guess I like it because I get it in places I know people who don't. I think my two biggest recommendations would be Spaced and Coupling. I'm sure there's something obvious I've forgotten, so I shall have a think...and maybe a look through my sister's dvd collection.

Pots and kettles, ReZ!

Thanks for the compliment of comparing me to a BBC internationally watched and enjoyed comedy. ;)

Bellamy's People was fantastic, just a shame it only ran for one series earlier this year.

Also, not so recent, but The Fast Show is well worth a watch. Favourite comedy, ever.

Miranda

Literally the funniest thing I've seen on television in a long time. Just fantastic in every way. I adore her.

Paj, you're the man.

:santa::D

I'm so glad it's not just me/a select few that love it.

IT Crowd I wouldn't say is LCD, but I think it's quite geek in places, guess I like it because I get it in places I know people who don't. I think my two biggest recommendations would be Spaced and Coupling. I'm sure there's something obvious I've forgotten, so I shall have a think...and maybe a look through my sister's dvd collection.

Hey, I'm not saying it's bad, because it's not. The laught it's just not that stunning. And I can't stand that O'Dowd guy.:hmm:

The Peep Show is the one for me, I love it. :grin: Didn't realise Season 7 has been on/is on so I need to catch up with that shame none of the computers at home can play videos. :p

but yeah it's got me laughing greatly over the years! :grin:

Hey look slaggis is back! Aw look he's talking rubbish again. Aww.

:)

Why don't you enjoy it? I love her turns to the camera, he blatant awkwardness, her "living alone" moments at the start of every episode. (some of the things she does, I desperately want to attempt). Okay, I won't lie. I love everything about her. Though, I've yet to come across a fan that isn't either a female, or gay.

My sister got Miranda on DVD,she keeps going on about it.

I preferred that actress in her minor role in Nighty Night.

I quite like Miranda Hart too, haven't seen her show yet, but I've liked her in supporting roles, like the cleaner in 'Not Going Out' which I thought was a fairly reasonable sitcom.

Slaggis; I don't enjoy it because it's nothing new, and because I'm not a fan of that easy-going, art-doesn't-have-to-be-good sort of thing. It's why i don't like soaps/pop music.

Second season was a bag of shit though, factamundo.

I'm sorry for the major bump... but I've started watching Green Wing's second series this week... and this is bothering me, how could it go from being so good to so bad? Season 2 is insanely incoherent and silly... such a fucking shame, considering how epic the first series was!!

Is it just me? Do people like the second series? I'm hating it... 4 episodes in.

Also, The Thick Of It is love.