N-Europe

Bank ringing to arrange a meeting?

flameboy

Natwest rang me earlier saying its the time of year where they are making a courtesy call and said they'd like to have a meeting and discuss the services they provide me with. I'm wandering if they are tell me they are withdrawing my overdraft or something. Kinda worried about it. Anyone ever had such meetings?

I mean granted I do have a big overdraft with them from student days which has since lapsed to a graduate account. Also did get a loan with them that I went travelling with. Also both my credit cards are maxed out at the mo but kind of have plans for saving myself and paying them off....so yeah. I mean I'm not gonna pay those debts off over night and I know they might try to get me to get take out a loan to pay them all off but no way am I doing that don't want to have massive loan hanging over me for even longer. Got my own hardcore saving methods to pay of credit cards!

it could just be them wanting to give you some financial advice

maxed out credit cards are never good unless you're on a 0% deal and are actually planning on paying them off! :)

if all your debt is with them then they probably will want to push a loan on you to try and get their money back within a set time-scale :P

it could just be them wanting to give you some financial advice

maxed out credit cards are never good unless you're on a 0% deal and are actually planning on paying them off! :)

if all your debt is with them then they probably will want to push a loan on you to try and get their money back within a set time-scale :P

yeah that is the problem but worked out how I can pay them off so I'm ok, maybe if I go in with my spreadsheets I've made and explain I will be ok!

As long as you have a plan you should be fine. Don't immediately think consolidation won't be a good option too though, you're generally much better off with one loan and one payment than a variety of cards and loads.

I always try to get to these things when they come up as usually I end up with a bumped up credit card limit and a better deal on any of the other products I'm using.

As long as you have a plan you should be fine. Don't immediately think consolidation won't be a good option too though' date=' you're generally much better off with one loan and one payment than a variety of cards and loads.

I always try to get to these things when they come up as usually I end up with a bumped up credit card limit and a better deal on any of the other products I'm using.[/quote']

yeah I just have no interest in a larger 2nd loan I plan on moving to Canada and worked out my own methods based on that end date I doubt they'd give me a loan with less interest for that timescale. Thats just for credit cards my other loan will be covered by then.

yeah I just have no interest in a larger 2nd loan I plan on moving to Canada and worked out my own methods based on that end date I doubt they'd give me a loan with less interest for that timescale. Thats just for credit cards my other loan will be covered by then.

It depends on your cards but I'd be amazed if they work out cheaper than a loan. Also, if you want to avoid them making you pay it all back now, for the love of God don't tell them you plan to leave the country.

Natwest rang me earlier saying its the time of year where they are making a courtesy call and said they'd like to have a meeting and discuss the services they provide me with. I'm wandering if they are tell me they are withdrawing my overdraft or something. Kinda worried about it. Anyone ever had such meetings?

I mean granted I do have a big overdraft with them from student days which has since lapsed to a graduate account. Also did get a loan with them that I went travelling with. Also both my credit cards are maxed out at the mo but kind of have plans for saving myself and paying them off....so yeah. I mean I'm not gonna pay those debts off over night and I know they might try to get me to get take out a loan to pay them all off but no way am I doing that don't want to have massive loan hanging over me for even longer. Got my own hardcore saving methods to pay of credit cards!

Probably going to say they're going to cut your overdraft dramatically. I got a letter from HSBC saying just that. Not really giving me any more information other than that I'm going to be charged some hefty interest unless I get my shit sorted. I'm assuming I'm going back to my £500 interest mark. Which I'm over now.

It depends on your cards but I'd be amazed if they work out cheaper than a loan. Also' date=' if you want to avoid them making you pay it all back now, for the love of God don't tell them you plan to leave the country.[/quote']

yeah I'm keeping that quiet although its not until 2012. Basically I've worked out paying my minimum plus saving about £200 a month I can have them paid off within the next year and a half. However thats worked out starting from April next year as I'm saving up for something for my girlfriend, so yeah any loan would have to be straight away as I know for a fact they only allow you to defer payments on graduate loans of which I've had one in the past.