NEurope
dwarf

Paranormal Activity 2

Saw it tonight. Adhered to my fear of wasting time. Left me with nothing. Sat for 90 minutes for about 3 minutes which were vaguely exhilarating.

The first one was utter shite. They present it as being real life, but ofcourse you know they are actors, which makes it impossible for it to be scary. The ending i thought was kinda creepy though.

Fairly new release, saw no thread, wondered what everyone else made of it. I'd recommend seeing it. Not massively, but considering I'm not a fan of the genre in any way that's saying something. Albeit not that much, because why should you care about my tastes and my life when all this is is random scribbles from a distant prick on an interweb?

No, it does matter, because not everyone likes horror films, but they may be curious about ones like this and Blair Witch.

The only one I've ever liked? Alien. Brilliantly atmospheric and actually quite restrained, as long as you don't mind blood.

Edited by dwarf

It's exactly the same as the first and the outcome is exactly the same.

If you liked the first you'll probably like this one, although essentially you are watching the same film.

My advice is to wait for it to come to DVD/Blu-Ray and watch it at home, on your own and on a night for a better/scarier atmosphere.

Yeah, definitely not a film to see in the cinema. Would be far far scarier watching alone in your own house.

Egh. A friend of me convinced me to watch the first, with all the hype it was getting. If so many people find it scary, then it must be doing something right, yeah?

I have a legitimate reason to skip this one.

It would be amazing in the cinema if you could guarentee that nobody would be such a blithering arsehole. Different experience to watching it alone, which granted would scare the shit out of you more, but it wouldn't necessarily be better.

As I mentioned, there was one part where a hush came over the audience for a while at a night scene, and it was really weird. Not even a restrained cough to distract from the focus on the film, just a horifically dense ambience.

The jumps weren't getting through to me, until the cupboards sprang open. Christ I was not expecting that. Very very good, especially with one being so close to the foreground.

I would have said the same in the past, "watching it alone would be better" that is.. But is the movie is really scary, a collective scare actually adds to the atmosphere, and enjoyment. I don't see many horrors in the cinema (or at all), but seeing Let the right one in and [REC] at a festival were great experiences.

This movie's predecessor just bored me.

I like seeing horror movies at the cinema. Paranormal Activity was one of the coolest experiences I have ever had. If you go to the cinema, expect other people to REACT. That's generally how it works and why people get such a kick out of seeing films on a massive screen with such a large, diverse audience.

Still gotta check Paranormal Activity 2 out. I think the first was a wonderfully assembled movie and definitely something everyone should give a chance, regardless of their impressions.

Then again, I'm very easily entertained.

Transformers 2? I loved it. Form your own impressions from that.

I loved Transformers 2 but hated Paranormal Activity.

Very, very strange comment. Missed the point Scoop was making and ended up just making the most irrelevant & pointless comparison ever.

Edited by dwarf

I have decided that I think I am probably going to go and see this today. Provided the car park is free. Well I know one nearby that is free but I think it has a maximum stay and is at a retail park and is for retail park customers only. But I am going to use a shop there and see a friend in another. So.....that probably may not count. We'll see. I'll keep a receipt I guess.

Best to see it at the latest showing possible. The one I went to was 9.40pm.

As long as you don't watch it in the afternoon. Do not see the point.

I'm seeing it in the afternoon. Luckily however my cinema doesn't have windows, so it will be dark. Quite a nice feature of cinemas, and something I tend to look for in most of the ones I visit.

That's because he did a sneaky edit, the prick.

Saw that coming. Knew I should've waited!

FFS he did me up there.

n000000000b

Self pwnage FTW.

That's because he did a sneaky edit, the prick.

I did no such thing.

InnocentYouth_Mostyn.jpg

I fully admit i just watched PA1 for the first time this weekend, alone in a dark room and my heart was thudding out of my chest.

The ending was textbook Hollywood garbage though, and the paranormal psychologist guy they invited into their house was laughably bad, otherwise cheap thrills accomplished