N-Europe

Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva

flameboy

New DVD film out based on the games! I've just watched it and I would go as far to say its perhaps the best videogame film ever. It of course shares the same glorious animation and art style seen in the game series' cut scenes. I think it was truly great, they even managed to shoehorn the games puzzles into the plot in a very clever and fitting way. Plenty of little nods to the games but without being too intrusive they introduce the characters well etc... and make it perfectly accessible to the casual viewer.

If your thinking of buying it, its available for just £5 in ASDA and well worth that price if you ask me!

I do intend to buy it and hoping it remains that price until next Saturday (wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't :/) as that's the earliest I can get to an Asda. Actually...I may catch a few buses and go today in London. Although I don't have the money to buy even a £5 dvd but...whatever.

Trying to arrange a film club like thing in my animation class (why do I try and organise too many things?) and think this would be a nice addition to the list.

We've got a review here.

laytonmovie3.jpg

I love the style of the animation. Hand drawn, computer drawn and CGI, with some computer-added effects (lighting/shadows/reflections) all mixed together.

yeah agreed there are a couple of parts where it looks really cool. They start off using it simply and it gets more elaborate as the film goes on.

it's a shame about the confusion of the game releases over here. It's an excellent movie though. I found it hard to get , so I downloaded the Jap subbed version.

very suprised. It's up there with street fighter 2 animated with great videogame movie adaptations.

Available in Asda, Sainsburys and Tescos....

Available in Asda, Sainsburys and Tescos....

we don't have ASDA or SAINBUSRYS in Ireland .....

tescos on the other hand,didn't think of checking and in fairness I don't know how it is in England but it's HARDLY the first place you'd look when trying to find a dvd. At least that's in my experience.

They generally stock shit bargain bin shit.

Edited by mcj metroid

I watched the jap dub so will probably pick this up. I'm not sure whether you posted it to try prove me wrong on whether it's hard to get in Ireland or to be helpful. I'll go with the helpful though.

THHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHANKS! :D

It was a bit of both.

That link was kind of a dodgy legal grey area MCJ so I removed it. Although I'm sure if you wanted to view it you could figure out where but best we don't put it on here. Nintendo will probably remove it when they find out anyway.

Edited by Ashley