N-Europe

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2

Emerald Emblem

Naruto_Shippuden_UNS_2_Box_Art.jpg

Platforms: PS3, Xbox 360

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 is a Fighting game developed by CyberConnect2 and Published by Namco Bandai, the plot is from the popular Naruto Franchise in which the story follows the Shippuden part of the series, from Naruto's Return from his 3 year training with Jiraiya all the way to the Naruto - Pain fight. This is the sequel to the PS3 Exclusive Ultimate Ninja Storm game and makes various changes to help improve the combat and make it easier for new gamers to get into and enjoy the experience.

I've made it to Chapter 1 and have enjoyed what I've played of it, while it's a disappointment you can't free roam around Konoha anymore (Replaced with an area by area linear path with a few branching paths here and there) I have to say Boss battles are a real joy to play and figure out and gives some variety.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I got this a couple of days before it came out, but I've only played on it for about 2 hours. HoT and I made a couple of posts about it in the general 360 thread, but I won't merge them in here because they would appear before the OP.

It's a good game :) but really it's only the fights I find myself enjoying. Everything in between is fairly average. Also they mess with the story quite a bit and often take a lazy, in-game approach to story telling instead of using a big cutscene.

That said, the fighting mechanics are solid, boss fights are good fun, it's long and stacked full of playable characters.

I caved and bought the collector's edition as well as the regular edition (didn't think it was going to be available). So if anyone wants to buy the regular edition off me, I have it unsealed but brand new, £24 delivered?

It's a good game :) but really it's only the fights I find myself enjoying. Everything in between is fairly average. Also they mess with the story quite a bit and often take a lazy, in-game approach to story telling instead of using a big cutscene.

Yeah, there is alot of stuff missing from the story, but it plays really well, so i'll forgive them. :D

I had a 12 hour session on this yesterday and that was after I was done with the story mode. There's sooooo much to do after the main game, like mini quests, cursed doll battles, getting character to like you and trying to obtain all the titles to top it all off.

The Jiraiya battle was fantastic...

It was much better than what Halo Reach did as you are trying to fight for Jiraiya and not some faceless character with zero personality. It is essentially the same kind of thing, with Jiraiya trying to fend off all 6 versions of Pain while all out of energy and chakra. I gave it my all in this futile yet emotional battle.

I caved and bought the collector's edition as well as the regular edition (didn't think it was going to be available). So if anyone wants to buy the regular edition off me, I have it unsealed but brand new, £24 delivered?

Where did you order the CE from?

Also how does the game compare to the ones by Ubisoft on the 360?

Gameplay, but it hasn't been shipped yet which is slightly concerning.

It's a very different game to the Ubisoft one, it's more based around the battles, and the controls in the free-roaming part feel more like a Final Fantasy game than the action/platforming feel of the Ubisoft titles.

It's a class game. Like the first but just a continuation. Cant decide if the roaming in single player is more tedious than in the first game, but then it was never about that. As has been said before, its about the combat. Close to getting the platinum for this game but missing alot of titles and have already maxxed out the SP points so I wont be getting them there. Same with the cards. Online is loads of fun too with some crafty players out there.

Most of the characters are solid and fun to play as, while not feeling too overpowered, apart from who Deidara is a nightmare to fight against. Closing the distance is just so god damn hard, and by the time you have, you will have lost a large chunk of your health.

Most of the characters are solid and fun to play as, while not feeling too overpowered, apart from who Deidara is a nightmare to fight against. Closing the distance is just so god damn hard, and by the time you have, you will have lost a large chunk of your health.

I've encountered LOADS of players online who use Deidara and just spam his clay birds/snakes move. You can't get anywhere near them especially when they combine the spamming with their support characters.

I've encountered LOADS of players online who use Deidara and just spam his clay birds/snakes move. You can't get anywhere near them especially when they combine the spamming with their support characters.

Im trying to learn how to counter that with Guy. But timing is key. His ultimate teleports behind the opponent making it nigh impossible to dogde, you have to block, but if you are using a move during that, you are screwed. Also when Lee and Guy are in Gates mode/awakening, they teleport behind the opponent when you chakra load and then dash.

Edited by Deathjam

I bought this game for £32

Then I found out the CE was available for £37 so I bought that too.

Then I sold the original for £38! Not really sure why the buyer paid that much for it.

So in the end I made a tiny profit.

Just felt like sharing.

Can't find it in any stores. The staff in Gameststion said it's a niche title as it only caters to a small crowd and thus I would only be able to buy it online.

God I hate gaming stores.

Well I bought my copy from my local Gamestation. :/

All the game stores in my area had or did have stock. Gamestation, GAME, Chips and Disks & Discs.

Edited by Emerald Emblem