NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

Halloween/Fancy Dress Topic

Since Christmas is too far away apparently, here is something which is a little closer and after the forward slash something which is pretty much all year round.

Any costume ideas for halloween (DON'T HATE ME GRAZZA) or random parties later/even earlier this year people?

In just under two weeks I'll be jetting off to Leicester for a uni gringo's birthday gathering, which the "theme" this year is Games Vs Films since he "could only think of a very limited number of characters that people would recognise so I've decided to change the theme to films and games as they're both big interests of mine (yes i'm a copout)".

Since I've done many movie costumes over the years, Ghostbuster/Joker/V/Goose from Top Gun (sans 'stache) and some others I thought I'd go down the gaming route. Trying to think of something I could slam together quickly and cheapish I somehow came across Ken from Street Fighter (I am rather buff). So I bought a nice looking Gi:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270643709448

attacked it with some scissors and added some red dye, and presto:

KenGi.jpg

If I end up doing something for halloween I might pull this off again around the homeland.

People! Go!

I'm going to a party at a friends house and the theme is dead celebrity's.

BUT it doesn't have to be someone that has died, you can go as someone still alive but zombiefy / ghostyfy them.

My girlfriend is going as Dead Lady Gaga, and i'm going as dead Slash (from Guns n Roses)

cant effing wait :)

rock-star-2-300x300.jpg

This is what i want, and am aiming for, but i dont think i'll be able to pull it off as good.

My girlfriend has all her gear ready, but she's being a fanny "no i look fat, you cant see me in it!", dont think she realizes the concept of Halloween party.

Any costume ideas for halloween (DON'T HATE ME GRAZZA) or random parties later/even earlier this year people?

LOL!

The only time I've ever dressed up was when I was about eight. I decided to be a vampire and actually bought some fangs. For a cloak, I didn't have a proper black one, so I wrapped one of my Mum's skirts round me, sequins and all, whilst my Dad drove me around in the car.

Everything can be traced back to childhood, I tell ya.

Dunno if there are any Halloween parties for me to attend this year. I hope so, though I haven't really thought about what I should go as.

I don't have a clue what I'm going as but it has to be cheap. Also none annoying my homemade ghostbusters pack last year ended up being an annoyance lol

I don't have a clue what I'm going as but it has to be cheap. Also none annoying my homemade ghostbusters pack last year ended up being an annoyance lol

Heh, I know what you mean. I always try to stay as much away from accessories as possible. They're always a bother to carry around. :heh:

I feel the proton pack annoyance. A friend and I at uni once went out as the Ghostbusters, us both having bought the jumpsuit and inflatable proton pack. Here we are doing what we really shouldn't be doing: Crossing the Streams.

streams.jpg

When we got to the Union later that night we deemed it too crowded to carry on. So we had to deflate them.

n11555718151558306053jt5.jpg

We were devastated.

I'm trying to convince him to go as Ryu to match my Ken.

How incredible sucky!

We're getting our mid-term holidays on the 23rd of October so we have to be back in school for the 1st of November.

So, we have school the morning after Halloween. FAIL :(

If you've got a suit already, then Manny Calavera from Grim Fandango is a nice, cheap option. This is me two years ago:

n780280303_4650969_5876.jpg

Never had a Halloween and never got to dress up. Though I can't even think of anything I would dress up as if I could... Apart from the typical/boring witch or something.

If you've got a suit already, then Manny Calavera from Grim Fandango is a nice, cheap option. This is me two years ago:

So much awesome!

that is awesome and perhaps an option

If I hadn't committed to the Ken, I would definitely consider that. How did you make the head?

I'm probably going as ann robinson dressed in one of these

5_BRITVIC-8.jpg

I always think it's kinda cheating when you don't make your OWN costume to be honest.

I always think it's kinda cheating when you don't make your OWN costume to be honest.

Word. Plus the satisfaction you get afterwards when people give it the pr0 respect: amazing.

On Halloween I'm going to a gig in camden, I shall be wearing a red power ranger costume.

If I hadn't committed to the Ken, I would definitely consider that. How did you make the head?

Easy - a cylinder of cardboard with eyes cut in and cheap black fabric covering the holes. For the top, a circle of cardboard with slits cut in, and folded inwards. I'm not at all good at arty things, so if I can do it, anyone can!

Phoenix Wright would be easy. Suit and then big objection sign maybe a slicked back black wig...

Trying to figure out what to go as to Halloween...I want to pull at this party so I can't go too insane

Was thinking either a Mad Scientist or cutting the middleman of my friends saying "This is Joe, he owns the biggest Pokémon site in the world" and go as Ash Ketchum

And then you lure in the girls with your special Pokéballs, right?

If you do go as Ash Ketchum, post a pic here! Everyone should post their costumes here heh.