NEurope
Diageo

Justin Bieber vs. the World, Hitler and Puberty

My friend said the best thing in conversation today: "Great music is music that listens to itself and says "this is not good enough"".

That may sound poetic but doesn't make a lot of sense or make progress in defining good music.

Also I agree with Dazz. It was like when I went to Oxegen, and you had to pick between the Prodigy and Eminem to watch. After the Prodigy ended, people started shouting, "Who the fuck is Eminem." Utterly retarded. Enjoy your own music and leave everyone else's alone.

It's just the usual internet hate of things that are popular/successful though.

Just a load of bitter nostalgic men mostly.

You get tired of hearing it very fast.

That may sound poetic but doesn't make a lot of sense or make progress in defining good music.

Indeed. It's pretentious for the sake of being pretentious.

Indeed. It's pretentious for the sake of being pretentious.

Haha, loved that. :love:

Does anybody else get sick of Bieber comments on songs on youtube that have nothing to do with bieber? Take a band like metallica. There's loads of comments such as "This is way better than that bieber fag" WHo the fuck cares? Are you really that sad that you comment about him on songs that you like?

Yeah it's stupid if I could thank people I'd thank you :p

I'm also annoyed at how every top rated comment on youtube is someone bitching about the people who thumbed the video down. eg "68 Bieber fans thumbed this down"

Yeah it's stupid if I could thank people I'd thank you :p

I'm also annoyed at how every top rated comment on youtube is someone bitching about the people who thumbed the video down. eg "68 Bieber fans thumbed this down"

I dislike that too.

Diageo I'd like to ask what you think of beauty, is that subjective too? I could argue that Jack Nicholson is better looking than Orlando Bloom and would you accept that?

If anyone thinks I'm hijacking the thread just pretend I'm discussing Bieber's attractiveness :)

Obviously beauty is subjective. With some traits that more people tend to like, just like some music is more popular than others.

I'm sure there is someone is the world that is into the Jack Nicholson look more than Orlando Bloom.

I'm sure there is someone is the world that is into the Jack Nicholson look more than Orlando Bloom.

Yea, it's probably Orlando Bloom.

Diageo I'd like to ask what you think of beauty, is that subjective too? I could argue that Jack Nicholson is better looking than Orlando Bloom and would you accept that?

If anyone thinks I'm hijacking the thread just pretend I'm discussing Bieber's attractiveness :)

Can I answer this question, too? :heh:

I am with Diageo here as well. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." A lot of people can agree on a lot of things/people being beautiful because our brains are often rigged in the same way and thus perceive the same things as being beautiful. But then there are people who have different experiences of what's beautiful and attractive. Like for instance, some people find, if you'll excuse my rather blunt expression, fat people unattractive, but then again, some people find fat people super attractive.

I do not excuse your blunt expression! And so it is customary to duel at these situations.

I do not excuse your blunt expression! And so it is customary to duel at these situations.

I accept your challenge, good sir! *slaps Diageo with a glove* Choose your weapon!

yes, reminds me of something I heard a while back. I'm not going to go on and preach about how everyone is beautiful on their own way etc. etc.

But I'm sure there is some tribe/country/village or something similar in Africa where women are under pressure to be obese. According to their values the fatter you are the more attractive you are to the man. It only applies to the women, IIRC.

So they basically just eat and eat.

I find it fascinating yet it's no better than our culture of super skinny automatically = beautiful.

It really depends on what you've grown up with. We're influenced outstandingly by the media, parents, friends etc.

I don't even need to mention all the magazine trash out there giving all sorts of advice to be like skinny celebs.

OK, I feel like I'm veering off the point so I'm stop :p

I haven't given it much thought, or enough to debate properly.

I just think there should be a distinction made between beauty and sexual atraction. It's not sexual atraction = beauty, nor is it beauty = sexual attraction.

Well obviously, since you can notice other people of the same sex are beautiful, without feeling attracted to them. [if you are heterosexual.]

A sexually attractive person is someone who you want to have sex with. A style or body that excites you that way.

Someone beautiful isn't someone you necessarily want to have sex with. It's just someone you visually admire to the same way you would admire a painting, or a landscape.

(Not to say someone can't be both, of course)

The real question is: why are we talking about this on a Justin Bieber thread?

Because this seems to be a thread about subjectivity of media. Not Bieber anymore.

A sexually attractive person is someone who you want to have sex with. A style or body that excites you that way.

Someone beautiful isn't someone you necessarily want to have sex with. It's just someone you visually admire to the same way you would admire a painting, or a landscape.

(Not to say someone can't be both, of course)

Oh, of course. The point still stands, though.

Let's tie things back then.

Do you consider the Bieber to be beautiful or sexually attractive or both or none :p

That might prevent a further thread rip...

Let's tie things back then.

Do you consider the Bieber to be beautiful or sexually attractive or both or none :p

That might prevent a further thread rip...

So as I'll pretend I was discussing, anyone else think Bieber is sexy as all hell? :grin:

So as I'll pretend I was discussing, anyone else think Bieber is sexy as all hell? :grin:

No. :p

EDIT: Wait, I'll add on to that. "In my opinion, because it's subjective." I don't want to be flamed ;)

Edited by Frank

I think he's cute, don't know if I can call him sexy. Although he is 16, and I have gone out with 16 year olds, so people already think I'm a paedophile.

Actually what am I saying. I totally would. :santa: