NEurope
Happenstance

Live-Action Wonder Woman TV Series in the Works

After years of trying to get DC's Amazonian Princess, Wonder Woman, to the big screen, there's now some serious movement to get her on the small one.

According to THR's The Live Feed, freakin' David E. Kelley (Ally McBeal, Boston Legal, The Practice) is developing the modern day reboot of the super-strong, scantily-clad comic book heroine for Warner Bros. Television! For years, the likes of Joss Whedon and Joel Silver have attempted to get a Wonder Woman movie off the ground, but it never worked out. So now it looks like the character is returning to the medium that brought her great fame in the 1970s, via the classic (albiet very cheesy) Lynda Carter series.

There are no more details as of yet, including a possible network, but that doesn't mean that we can't kick off a storm of rampant internet speculation! Who will play her? What will her new costume look like? Will the storylines be faithful to the comics? And what will a guy like David E. Kelly -- known for his dialouge-heavy legal series -- do with an action-oriented character like Wonder Woman?

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/112/1124948p1.html

Kelly....really? Let's not forget Fox actively PAID to turn down his last series (pilot was made and apparently some legal cause meant if they didn't want it they'd have to pay a fine or something).

Colour me unenthusiastic.

I do wonder as well if the idea of live action Wonder Woman has become more interesting since her costume change:

Wonder-Woman-New-Costume.jpg

Sounds awful...

I don't understand why they don't get someone who can actually write a good script to do their stuff... DC certainly has enough money to do so.

I heard in a different article she'll be a vigilante at night, a high-powered executive by day.

gallery_9259_86_251745.gif

Some other bits from The Futon Critic (the original source and an overall awesome source for TV stuff):

The script is 72 pages.

David E. Kelly plans to include Katy Perry....so if you weren't doubting it before --

But WB has asked for it to be removed. Swines!

Oh wait the inclusion of Katy Perry may be in that apparently Diane loves pop music, naturally.

More stuff here (including Spongebob swearing...): http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/02/01/scoop-david-e-kelleys-wonder-woman-tv-pilot-script-dissected-without-major-spoilers/

Edited by Ashley

It sounds like it could work on The CW* but NBC...really? They are desperate.

*who are doing their own zombie apocalypse show BTW.

Hey, leave the CW alone. They're doing a bang up job with Smallville.

No I'm lying they ruined it. Even more than it was already. Five years ago.

Well The CW is still Warner Brothers, so it was already ruined.

I wasn't criticising The CW. They just have a curtain niche and they do it reasonably well. They're just not the most complicated of shows.

(Except Veronica Mars but that was meant to be on Showtime/HBO originally :p)

I said The CW + Zombies (+ Teenagers).

I said The CW + Zombies (+ Teenagers).

Ewww. Thats different. My link stands accurate still though.

At first I thought you meant because they're ending it. :heh:

weren't there one in the 80's?

.... yeah there was...

[

Edited by Ryuk
Automerged Doublepost

I have only a passing familiarity with Wonder Woman but this sounds awful. You have a demi-goddess with an invisible jet and the ability to deflect bullets with her wrists, and you basically stick her in what sounds like some kind of bastardised Ally McBeal rehash. Because that's what women want to see, right?

Edited by gaggle64