Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D

Dante

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm somewhat surprised too, it's still Mercenaries in portable form and a pretty decent version at that, sure the presentation might be a little lacklustre plus it has a few technical issues but it's very much playable plus it's still fun.

I completed the main set of missions yesterday which unlocks Wesker plus extra missions and I must say that I'm suitably impressed by the level of challenege it offers the further you manage to get, even if it is a little on the insane side with the number of enemies it can throw at you.

Same here, I'm keen to play through it online too if anyone's up for it. 11pm tonight is good for me if anyones about!

Yeah I'll try to be! My internet is failing a bit with this game though... it's not been a problem before but sometimes it doesn't connect. It stays connected fine when it's running though. My 3DS code's in my sig.

I'm going to host a game now. I'll hang around if anyone wants to join me.

I pre-orderd this game from Game and I had the same problem with it but I had Wii Play Motion last Thersday so I did not get the game until Friday and it came with my subsriber issue of ONM but I haven't playd it yet because I am busy with Zelda OOT 3D and it's EA 2011 Showcase this week.

Whats the online like on this in terms of setting up co-op games?

Does it have a game invite function if someone on your friend list is playing it at the same time as you?

How do you communicate during the game?

Well I had a few issues online when I played it the other day.

There is an option to join a friend but they have to be hosting the game (you can't just dive into their game, for instance).

I tried to join a game with welsh_gamer who was hosting but it was having none of it.

Instead I hosted and it let him join straight away. :hmm:

Communication during the game is kind of where the online falls down IMO.

I could be wrong in saying this as not 100% sure but I don't think there is a voice chat option. The only communication to hand is the usual Resi button commands. So when someone heals you with a herb you can press a button for your character to say 'Thanks!'.

The games runs great whilst playing online though.

No slow down for me though welsh experienced some he said afterwards - but nothing major at all.

I haven't described it as being the greatest experience - but believe me when I say its great fun! :grin:

The game is really great fun. I played with a random just now and we got a 150-something combo and despite not knowing the name, gender or nationality of the person I was playing with, I felt like we were bros and I was proud of them and us.

It's really good fun, and yeah... runs just as smooth as if you were playing the 1 player game.

Man it is satisfying when you work well together. The Chris Twins. When you get rescued just as you need it, or shoot a chainsaw wielding maniac behind your mate. It's really great. :D

Yup you're so right!

I felt you had my back many times there! Those fat dudes just do not like me. :heh:

I wanna play more but if I don't go to sleep now, I may be sleeping at my desk at work tomorrow. :(

Thanks for the games though - hopefully play again soooooon :grin:

I think this page is evidence enough that we need a Mercenaries online meet-up thread... :p

And if an online thread is created then I think I may join you all in a few games at some point over the weekend being that it'll be good to get a different perspective for my review. :)

Just completed every mission in category EX. Boy they were tough! Had to do the majority of them in co-op, as I could hardly get higher than a 'D' or 'C' ranking in solo play.

Going to go after that 'Clear ever mission with a SS ranking' medal next.

I've just played my first online game on this and damn... this is definitely where the game really shines :) ok so it might not be perfect but once you get going on a mission and start kicking ass it just feels so right.

Completed the first EX mission with a decent 50 + combo and a score of 227000 + or something daft, naturally an SS rating was procured. ;)

Well i went shopping yesterday with Aneres11 and he forced me to buy this! (lol).

Played some of it and i am enjoying it, wassn't sure about paying £30 for it though but i wanted another game for my 3DS, and this is prob going to be the last one i buy for awhile since there is nothing else out i want.

Graphics are good and i don't find the controls a problem. One critism i have though is that the zombies at a distance there movment looks odd, like not smooth moving till they are closer on screen. Has anyone else noticed this?

^ I have indeed noticed the above...

By the by... sorry that the review isn't finished yet, I've spent mroe time playing the game then reviewing it in truth lol fault of The Mercenaries for being so addictive. :P

I'll try and make an effort to have it finished by this weekend.