Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

MARVEL Mafia Game Thread

chairdriver

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so, if Rez is a roleblocker he wouldn't get a pm informing him of it's success. He probably just assumed it worked.

I'd say he got a PM confirming an investigative action, as if he didn't it would be easy to assume that something prevented him from reaching his target.

I'd say he got a PM confirming an investigative action, as if he didn't it would be easy to assume that something prevented him from reaching his target.

I'm a roleblocker remember :p I don't get pms saying "You successfully roleblocked Rez" or whatever. You just have to assume you did. If he thinks Dannyboy couldn't have done it it is likely he is a roleblocker.

Well if you don't get a PM, you can't know you yourself were successful... I think the way Rez worded it shows that he received some intel so I guess you're the one that failed?

The only piece of information I have is that Dannyboy-the-Dane did not kill Nintendohnut

I think the way he worded it showed he was a roleblocker. How would getting intel that Dannyboy was good mean he couldn't have killed? Is there some other type of intel I'm not aware of?

He could have been a tracker who knew that Dannyboy did not target Nintendohnut.

HANG ON A MINUTE, HeroicJanitor, you said you were roleblocked today, how did you know? Did you get a PM?

No I posted that by mistake, I thought I should have gotten a pm, got confused with the colour mafia.

Well it was a mistake and I forgot about it. I said I targeted Jonnas last night and we are filling this page up quickly.

So what if we fill up the page, are you trying to run away? I'm just going to say that you are looking very suspicious HeroicJanitor.

Also I noticed that Dannyboy said that ReZ targeted Jonnas also. Meaning two townie roleblockers targeted Jonnas. No wonder Jonnas has no info.

Did you get a PM saying your night action failed? This would clear up a few things.

Hang on a minute. Night 1 chairdriver initially sent me a PM saying "Failed", but then he corrected it. This means we can assume that people who are roleblocked get a message if their power fails, no? So HJ can't have roleblocked ReZ on Night 1, 'cause then ReZ would have known his power failed.

What's up with that, HJ?

Change Vote: heroicjanitor

DOUBLEPOST

So what if we fill up the page, are you trying to run away? I'm just going to say that you are looking very suspicious HeroicJanitor.

Also I noticed that Dannyboy said that ReZ targeted Jonnas also. Meaning two townie roleblockers targeted Jonnas. No wonder Jonnas has no info.

Did you get a PM saying your night action failed? This would clear up a few things.

Wait, how do you know if ReZ is a roleblocker?

Also if the other protector keeps himself secret, how am I meant to protect him?

I don't think he should come forward though, then the town is truly fucked.

The Peeps is right, one of you is lying!

Surely the protector who is silent does not need protecting, they protect you, you protect two other people, their own silence is in some way their protection.

Also, I still want to hear more from ReZ. I don't trust this whole 'gone to florida' thing, I think it's just a very clever ruse to lie low as a mafia in this game, he's planned this meticulously, the ultimate mafia tactic!

Also seconded on knowing how ReZ is a roleblocker.

It's amazing how in other mafias, investigators freely fling out 'OMG, Mr.X IS MAFIA LYNCHLYNCHLYNCH' yet in this game barely anyone is saying anything.

I realise I'm also one of those, but my power is mainly information testing. I don't want to say too much, because I'm looking to use it to catch someone out later possibly. The actual info is useless until we get some more discussions going.

Here's the thing: ReZ knows Dannyboy didn't kill Nintendohnut. I think someone here must've reached the conclusion that ReZ roleblocked Dannyboy, but this wasn't the case, clearly. ReZ isn't a roleblocker, then.

And...I didn't get a PM saying my power failed, but I don't think my kind of power is the one where I wouldn't get a PM if I failed, anyway.

By the way, I do suspect heroicjanitor for going back on his claim of being roleblocked, and about claiming he roleblocked ReZ, in the night that ReZ had info. There's too much conflicting information, here.

Change Vote: heroicjanitor

By the way, someone investigate Peeps tonight, so we can get some light on his situation.

And someone protect Diageo!

And...I didn't get a PM saying my power failed, but I don't think my kind of power is the one where I wouldn't get a PM if I failed, anyway.

You mean you don't think yours is the kind of power that would get a PM if it failed, right?

It still seems strange that chairdriver would send "Failed" PMs to some failed powers and not to others, I think. Heck, the "Failed" PM to me was a mistake. Maybe there are more behind this than we think.

I was talking more in a marvel character sort of way, this is a marvel mafia after all. I mean maybe someone's power means those failed PMs gets sent. I haven't got much option other than to throw out random theories and accusations right now considering we've got barely any info to go on. Also, I have no reason to vote for ReZ but also no reason not to, hence the just cos.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!