N-Europe

American Pie!

flameboy

Ok so yeah rather than just bundle this into some other thread but yeah we are meant to be starting new threads so stuffs not as much in a few threads so here we are!

Basically its on TV on and it is still a fantastic film! Whilst it by no means created this genre of films if did lead to a deluge of such films that turned into gross out teenage films. American Pie to me is so much more....It is so much more clever and if you happened to be that kinda age when it came out its something that you could easily relate to and even watching it now as a 26 year old whose been through that period of life its still something you can look back on and it stands up due to nostalgia!

I mean I guess the likes of Superbad are todays equivalent. However I think the Hangover is more of a direct descendant of such films, kinda like how its adults getting up to similar dumb stuff.

Such an awesome film. It is a pure nostalgia movie, reminding me of much of my teenage years. And, it is one movie that i can watch even to this day and not think it isn't for me. I think it set the line for this type of movie, and no other movie has reached it yet.

It's a shame they have milked it near-dry and beyond with all the re-hash sequels. They should have ended it at the Wedding, or if they had to do one special "Band Camp". Other than that, the rest beyond were garbage.

10/10 4LIFE.

that actually prompted me to look the origins of the word MILF:

The concept of a MILF predates the term. Jocasta was the mother of Oedipus whom he meets and has sex with. Mrs. Robinson from The Graduate exemplifies the concept.[1]

The term itself was first documented in Internet newsgroups.[2] It was popularized by the 1999 film American Pie referring to Jennifer Coolidge's character: 'Stifler's Mom'.[3]

The original was hilarious, but each sequel spawned since then was about half as good as the one before it. Leading to abysmality very quickly.

*aware abysmality is not a word*

I actually think 3 was better than 2 but yeah the dumb spin offs that have been around since are just plain dumb and are not about what the original was. They have become those stupid gross out sex joke films which yes that is what American Pie contained but it was not all it was about!

American Pie definitely was popular with a lot of my friends when I was growing up. However, it is pretty much what I don't look for in a comedy. You mentioned Superbad as today's equivalent, which I kinda agree with. However, again, I don't like that or enjoy comedies like this. They seem more "cringey" than actual funny, but people like that.

How many films or spinoffs are there now?! I can definitely say that the first one (or possibly second) is the best of the lot. Kinda like the first Scary Movie.

American Pie definitely was popular with a lot of my friends when I was growing up. However, it is pretty much what I don't look for in a comedy. You mentioned Superbad as today's equivalent, which I kinda agree with. However, again, I don't like that or enjoy comedies like this. They seem more "cringey" than actual funny, but people like that.

How many films or spinoffs are there now?! I can definitely say that the first one (or possibly second) is the best of the lot. Kinda like the first Scary Movie.

I think theres 7! Only seen one of them myself...think the most recent one was meant to have Ruby from Eastenders in it!

Celebrity-Image-Louisa-Lytton-in-EastEnders-244012.jpg

which is just weird cos she looks like a little kid!

I think theres 7! Only seen one of them myself...think the most recent one was meant to have Ruby from Eastenders in it!

Celebrity-Image-Louisa-Lytton-in-EastEnders-244012.jpg

which is just weird cos she looks like a little kid!

Haha, 7?! Wow.

Thats a bit crazy. The only series that deserves as many films are the Police Academy films. ;)

I had a big crush on The Hannigan when I was growing up. :yay: