NEurope
jayseven

In God We Rust: Game Thread

I loved the atmosphere and story - very ingenious - and the game mechanics seemed pretty original as well, but the delays really killed it. I think you managed to pull off a more clear style of write-up that still retained the lovely atmosphere, but with the delays and general decline of interest from all parties it was obvious that it was hard to maintain.

Still, a could-have-been-great game!

Woot we won, hurray for the mafia. Little late but doesn't mean I can't celebrate by myself.

I liked the character descriptions in this game, but my love of s&m could have made for some interesting roleblocks.

This game could of been so much better for me, i was partnered with Tellyn and he didn't even play the game :(

And the nights were just tooooooo long. Ruined the rhythm of the game, and killed any discussion. Plus people just forgotten what had happened or just forgotten about the game altogether.

I was so into this game at the start, and I had an amazing role... but I was blocked twice (I mean goddam) and then the nights just took so long that I forgot it was even happening. Seriously Jay, you have to do another one with this same style, but you have to keep the updates regular! The current games all have a 24 hour night period which seems to be working pretty well, and although I'm sure your write-ups took a fair while to actually write, I reckon if you keep to this sort of framework (as in just set some time limit, not necessarily 24 hours but a set amount of time) the game's pace would stay regular.

Like I said, I love the detail in these games, and the write-ups make the whole thing more interesting, so you have to do another one!

I should have just called out Diageo as Viktor on the first night when I found his double vote and it matched with Paj

we were screwed when Chair pretty much gave himself up on the 2nd day

I wanted Diageo and heroicjanitor lynched aswell, but instead you all lynched my townie friend :/

I wanted Diageo and heroicjanitor lynched aswell, but instead you all lynched my townie friend :/

To be fair, we only needed one other person to vote him apart from us Skinheads. :p

Speaking of that how did you know we were mafia?

Dannyboy, did you already post our roles? Otherwise:

Your alignment is Liberal. You will win when all threats to the Liberals are gone. You are allowed to contact each other outside of the thread.

The downside is that, each night, you must choose only one of your combined powers to use. You cannot use both.

Starting the 2nd night, you must choose ahead of time whether you want to use one's night role or the other's day role. You will be immune from death on Night 1 and Day 1.

Dannyboy, you are the Judge of this precinct, Spartacus. You live on the 409th floor, and it bothers you that you have to come down and mingle with the trash at your workplace on the 34th floor. But everyone knows your face, which kinda makes up for not living out your dream of rocking the world stages with your harmonica!

You have a double-vote. Which sucks, I know.

Smeagol, you are dannyboy's assistant robo-buddy Cain. you wear a monocle because you think it's hip, and curse the inability to grow a mousetache. When you have saved enough, you will buy that organic implant you always wanted!

Your role is that of jail-keeper. Your target will be immune from harm in your cell, but also unable to carry out their target.

Yeal, I loved the write-ups, but as for if I enjoyed the game? We were hardly in it, made some stupid ability decisions :rolleyes:. Too bad, I would have stuck with it till the very end ;).

What if you and Jonnas work together next time? Now that would make for some epic reading :D.

Edit:

Oh and yeah, I remember something about wanting to lynch Diageo as well if I were still alive, but I can't remember why at this point.

Each night me and Tellyn could use one of our powers. I can't remember who could do which, but one could target a player, and j7 would send us their exact PM containing their preferred alignment. The other could target a player and we'd find out who they targeted the night before.

We investigated Diageo first night, and it said he wanted to be mafia. Because it was the first day, and because we couldn't be 100% certain whether he got what he wanted to, we just left it and we/me kept a close eye on him. 2 nights ago i think, i investigated you, and it said you wanted to be paired with Diageo.

With Tellyns none exsistant contribution, and him basically not playing, i didn't put alot of effort into this game i must admit. Plus with the endless night phases, it killed any enthusiasm i had for this game.

One of my favourite mafia games was when I was in a trio of 'neighbours' with nintendohnut and rokhed. I really enjoyed having people to talk to, so that's why I decided to pair everyone up. I tried to balance that with making people have to choose which role to do - either an investigative role or a secondary one. It worked to an extent...

I've learned a lot from this game, and my previous view that games didn't need time limits is not gone out the window. The night phase length was what stopped the game being better. I'll put more thought into the next game, partly as there's a need to keep people guessing and mostly to fix the wrongs and make sure the balance is better.

Thanks for not being too harsh : peace: