NEurope

Okay, before I start this thread, can we please ban Stuwii from posting here? :heh:

So, wo else likes this band? Personally, they're one of my favourites and I like how they change thier sound with each album, but still keep that familar feeling within thier music. In my eyes, Origin of Symmetry is thier best album, although they haven't dissapointed me (yet.)

I was lucky enough to get tickets for Wembley Stadium on September 11th. My verdict? Easily one of the best gigs I've ever seen. The set list, effects and thier sound quality was incredible. Here's a set list for you peeps that are interested...

1. Uprising (extended)

2. Supermassive Black Hole

3. MK Ultra + Township Rebellion

4. Map of the Problematique + Who Knows Who riff

5. Bliss (long)

6. Guiding Light

7. Interlude + Hysteria + People of the Sun intro + Back in Black outro

8. Citizen Erased

9. Nishe

10. United States of Eurasia

11. Ruled by Secrecy

12. Feeling Good

13. MK Jam

14. Undisclosed Desires

15. Resistance

16. Starlight

17. House of the Rising Sun riff + Time Is Running Out + Voodoo Child (Slight Return) riff + Jimmy Jam

18. Unnatural Selection

---------- Encore 1 ----------

19. Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture)

20. Stockholm Syndrome + War Within a Breath riff + Endless Nameless riff

---------- Encore 2 ----------

21. Take a Bow

22. Plug In Baby

23. Man with a Harmonica intro + Knights of Cydonia

MK Ultra, Bliss, Citizen Erased and Ruled by Secrecy were deffinitely the highlights for me. Here's some videos from the night (not mine, I was standing):

Cba to post more, I'm too lazy, lol. :heh: What's everyone else's opinon on this band? If you've seen them live, what's your best experiences?

Supermassive Black Hole is my ringtone which is going to be soon Popcorn (by Muse). I love the band a lot, I started getting into them about three or four years ago.

Muse are definitely a great band. Plug in Baby was my ringtone for a long time. I've always liked Muse but I didn't really get into them, until a year or two ago I'd only heard a few of their songs. Now I've got all their albums and I appreciate them even more

A band, easily.

Fixed that for you there. But glad to see it looks like their live show still kicks ass. I saw them four years ago now, how time has flown.

Biffy also gave a good show at wembley, but they just couldn't get near muse. We need a new rock god, no one can touch Green Day, ACDC and Muse

While not a particular fan, I appreciate that they seem to put on some genuinely engaging/great live shows.

Even though my friends and basically everyone I know is constantly talking about about how good they are I've only just gotten in to them a few weeks ago.

I really like their sound and how they say that they are want to be like a modern 18th century band :p Quite cool

Just after learning two of their songs on the piano from their new album so woot woot!

Don't hate me, but I got interested in them after seeing their song for Twilight...

Muse can be split into two. Their first half, which symbolises the first half of their career, with great choons such as Bliss, New Born, Sunburn, etc. Their second half, which is more space-rock/pop, with songs such as Supermassive Black Hole, Knights of Cydonia, Uprising.

I prefer the first half. It was very other-wordly without actually knowing it was. They became a bit too self aware that they had this space-rock theme going on, and now they seem to be consciously playing towards that. I love Knights of Cydonia, but I'm not a massive fan of their stuff on Black Holes and their newer album.

Muse can be split into two. Their first half, which symbolises the first half of their career, with great choons such as Bliss, New Born, Sunburn, etc. Their second half, which is utter toss, stuck-up-their-own-bloated-arse. space-rock/pop, with turd such as Supermassive Black Hole, Knights of Cydonia, Uprising.

I prefer the first half. It was very other-wordly without actually knowing it was. They became a bit too self aware that they had this space-rock theme going on, and now they seem to be consciously playing towards that. I love Knights of Cydonia, but I'm not a massive fan of their stuff on Black Holes and their newer album.

Fixed and totally 10000% agree. Origin of Symetry is stunning (Bar Darkshines, which I have never been able to stomach).

Fixed and totally 10000% agree. Origin of Symetry is stunning (Bar Darkshines, which I have never been able to stomach).

There's a few of their songs from Black Holes and beyond that I do like, but the majority don't seem to stick with me.

Origin is probably their high point. Maybe they peaked too early with that. Darkshines is a song that I liked at first, but now don't care too much about. I feel the opposite about Microcuts. Hated it at first and now love it.

Knights of Cydonia is probably one of their only "newer" songs that will get a crowd shouting fuck yeeeah, like they do with the likes of Plug in Baby, or New Born, or Hysteria.

Dark Shines I never particularly liked, but it makes for a good ringtone at least. ::shrug: Origin Of Symmetry really is a brilliant album, so much more cohesive and effortless than the later stuff. Citizen Erased is still one of my favourite songs, probably. Absolution is pretty good too, if a little heavy handed at times and even Showbiz is a fairly promising first album. Plenty of interesting moments on there, even if they can come off as Radiohead clones on that one.

Black Holes is just kind of scattershot. Some great moments, but they are fleeting and it really doesn't work well as a whole. I haven't actually heard The Resistance in full, because the first half of it was so off putting. Then there's neutron star collision. Lolololololololololol.

Only heard their newest songs and I think they're pretty good. Haven't heard any early stuff.

Wanted to see them at Oxegen but they were clashing with Black Eyed Peas.

Good stuff usually, At least they sing about new and different things every song.

Good piano solos in there as well. I loves a challenge

No love for Absolution? :( The album that got me in to Muse, and ever since they've been my favourite band. Love them, though I have diversified somewhat now and enjoy a wider variety of music there's still something about Muse that I can't describe. :D

I'm biased because since I've heard Megalomania Muse has been my favourite band, so I have to say: I absolutely love them.

Seen them live two times.

The first was during the "The Resistance" tour.

The second was at a Germany festival.

Incredible.

My favourite album? I can't decide between Absolution, Origin of Symmetry and Showbiz.

But it's probably Showbiz.

They're alright.

A bit bland and samey.

But alright none the less.

Least appropriate word. Exogenesis, Unnatural selection and Undisclosed desires could not be more different

Least appropriate word. Exogenesis, Unnatural selection and Undisclosed desires could not be more different

They can be a bit samey. They're just good at creating the illusion that they're not.

They can be a bit samey. They're just good at creating the illusion that they're not.

They are songs that are similar, they are just the least samey band I know

Then you really need to broaden your tastes.

Also, I didn't actually say that their discography was samey, I could have meant being very similar to other bands or periods that have passed.