N-Europe

Grandma's House

Paj!

My favourite bit in the series is when it's just Amstell and his Grandad and he tells him he has cancer and Amstell is trying to comfor him, utterly failing and then goes, "How am I doing? I'm going for concerned."

I love the Grandad the most. I love how he's got past the stage of feeling awkward about anything in life. The scene in the 5th episode where he gives Simon the books makes my life.

I gave it a go since everybody on N-E is liking it but I think I'm the only one who didn't find this funny at all, in the slightest. I got the jokes, I just didn't find it funny really. It doesn't help that I don't like Simon Amstell much but still, I just didn't like it...at all. It feels so familiar to The Royle Family to me.

I gave it a go since everybody on N-E is liking it but I think I'm the only one who didn't find this funny at all, in the slightest. I got the jokes, I just didn't find it funny really. It doesn't help that I don't like Simon Amstell much but still, I just didn't like it...at all. It feels so familiar to The Royle Family to me.

You're just bad.

I can sympathise with Simon's character...of Simon. Have been in similar situations. Saw him live last year at a really intimate show where he was basically just rehearsing new material which seems to have gone into this. The whole "I like men that look ill" was a common theme. Good show.

No, you're not. I agree with what you're saying. I've watched every episode so far and, whilst I've not disliked it, I've never actually laughed.

It's definitely not a comedyHAHA or whatever. It's more just a thing where the whole show is just entertaining/stunning to watch. I think I've only laughed at this twice, but that was when my big sister was in the room and she channels the right energy to make anything hilarious. Still, it's one of my favourite TV shows. It feels everything is in its right place.

I was trying to explain this to my little sister. How I hate the genre of comedy in films. And how Burn After Reading isn't a comedy, it's just a film where you're constantly entertained by stunning people/things happening on the screen.

I much prefer that to punchlines. I fucking hate Jimmy Carr, because he's rarely actually organically funny -- his all act is just jokes, which any 12 year old could tell.

It's definitely not a comedyHAHA or whatever. It's more just a thing where the whole show is just entertaining/stunning to watch. I think I've only laughed at this twice, but that was when my big sister was in the room and she channels the right energy to make anything hilarious. Still, it's one of my favourite TV shows. It feels everything is in its right place.

I was trying to explain this to my little sister. How I hate the genre of comedy in films. And how Burn After Reading isn't a comedy, it's just a film where you're constantly entertained by stunning people/things happening on the screen.

I much prefer that to punchlines. I fucking hate Jimmy Carr, because he's rarely actually organically funny -- his all act is just jokes, which any 12 year old could tell.

I agree - while there is some comedy, it's incidental to the point of the thing, rather than being it's ultimate goal. Burn After Reading is much the same, but I wouldn't say that stops it from being a comedy, albeit very black and dry. But it's the Coen brothers' subtle observations of natural language and its hilarities that makes them so awesome.