Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Minecraft!

Nintenchris

Ah that sucks, but at least it's all sorted now.

How many players are you able to fit now?

I quite like how the village is turning out - even after the griefing it's looking pretty snazzy! :) I'm sure I'll be on later today to get my house finished, sort of.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its still just a 12 slot server but I think I can put as many on the whitelist as I want so it should all be ok, weve never got close to 12 players at once anyway I dont think.

Ok also, to make things more interesting we now have monsters again on the server. I have however turned off creepers to avoid building damage.

There is a warning in one of my posts, you obviously just didnt bother looking :p

If the lava has gone then thats the second time today, someone must be messing about with it.

Well unless it was flashing and red, no I didn't. Haha.

Yeah, I'm betting they did, I didn't see anyone else bothered, but I recall you saying to leave them alone..

It was applecorp who did it. Someone told him you could only collect lava from the source instead of how he should have been doing it which was standing instead of flowing.

Yeah Maddog i'll add you now. Also senorgrande has been a whiny little bitch so im turning off mobs unless anyone has an objection.

It was applecorp who did it. Someone told him you could only collect lava from the source instead of how he should have been doing it which was standing instead of flowing.

Yeah Maddog i'll add you now. Also senorgrande has been a whiny little bitch so im turning off mobs unless anyone has an objection.

Haha, I don't mind mobs, I just didn't see the warnings. :yay:

I missed the multiplayer action first time round, mainly because I was focused on finishing my massive glass sphere. I think once my exams are out of the way, and if you'd let me, I'd consider joining in the fun. I'll post again at a later date in the hope of joining in.

Have been messing around in single player though. Taking a break from building my city in the sky, which is a nightmare supply wise as I need thousands of blocks of dirt to make the foundations to then build on. Still, I've made one building which has been designated a blacksmiths and partly finished a wooden house along with a fountain. I'll get back to it later.

So started a new map and sailed as far a way from my spawn point as I deemed worthy and set up shop, building a house in the process. One problem: the area seems to be a creeper spawn area. Had to repair the house 3 times in a single day cycle and then had 4 others blow up on me as I was collecting supplies. Fun times.

When the spawn system gives you creepers, build a spawn trap.

How does one do that when he doesn't know where the spawn point is?

I need to explore the area anyway, probably do so with the info screen running (f4) and see if I can hit it. But given just how many there are spawning in the surrounding area, there must be more than one creeper spawn point.

Great place to build a house :laughing: It makes it a bit more of an adrenaline rush though having to run the gauntlet with them all out and about.

Taking a break from building my city in the sky, which is a nightmare supply wise as I need thousands of blocks of dirt to make the foundations to then build on.

For floors, you can simply hold down Shift to crouch and then move backwards over the ledge. While crouching you can't fall off the ledge, and then you can safely place the next blocks. No need to build foundation except for the very first block.

For floors, you can simply hold down Shift to crouch and then move backwards over the ledge. While crouching you can't fall off the ledge, and then you can safely place the next blocks. No need to build foundation except for the very first block.

Well, by foundation I mean an 8 block deep basing of dirt, including a single grass layer on top, on top of which I can build houses, etc. and then have the ability to dig into the ground for basements and stuff without any difficulty or worry of falling from the sky. Not that it's difficult, just very, very time consuming, even using the crouch method, making sure everything is solid. I'll need to get a picture of it to show what I mean.

Edit:

minecraftcityprogress1.jpg

minecraftcityprogress2.jpg

As I say, very much a work in progress as the 'city' will cover a much bigger area than I've already got mapped out, just wanted to get a general idea in place for each section. I tend to move onto other bits before I finished other areas, or when I run out of materials to complete sections.

Edited by Ganepark32

Thanks for the tip man, didn't know that! :)

Just so everyone is aware, there will be a court hearing sometime this week to decide what to do with Dyson over the sickening murder of one of my wolves. If found guilty, the sentence could be as high as tnt to the face over and over again for a month.

Just come off the server, was really laggy. Set up a little base, started digging a little 2x1 mineshaft for resource gathering, ended up finding a dungeon and an epic cave system. Was awesome, going to be using the cobblestone for a build, will need alot though.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!