Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Minecraft!

Nintenchris

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you even get to the Nether? Never been there...

Via a portal.

Just found out that it's not possible to go The Nether in multi player.

I know it wasnt working the last time we did multiplayer and I tested it when we first started and nothing happened. I'll do a search and see if anythings been done with it yet.

You'd need to run "bukkit" and several plugins. It's not worth the effort (I think. I only need one block of Netherrack. Don't know if others want something from hell :p)

Edited by drahkon

To get to the nether you make a 2x3 doorway out of obsidian and light it with a flint and steel, creating this:

1619381-portalcomparison_1__large.png

I think the portals still do nothing in multiplayer though, although you can build them. Whoever runs the server can choose for it to be permanently nether or normal world.

There's a mod that allows players to buy and sell items via the console that would actually work well for getting a few of the items that can't be acquired on the server, bones, string, gunpowder, and the nether items to be more specific.

I need 2,000 - 3,000 blocks of netherrack. Maybe even more...I'm serious.

If you don't mind could you satisfy my needs, Happenstance? ambiguity intended. If I'm not online, you can just spawn the stuff in chests in my house (either on the floating island, which would be perfect, or in the other one, which wouldn't be so bad :p).

Ok we're gonna have to start using the whitelist again, looks like some tosser has decided to burn down a few of the houses on the server, really hope it wasnt someone from either of the forums.

Any of you guys who are playing just let me know your Minecraft usernames so I can add it to the list.

Also if any of you saw anyone you didnt recognise today or better yet saw someone torching houses, let me know.

drahkon (for the whitelist)

My next project (beside the Mini-Nether I'm planning) will be a roller coaster, but it's gonna be so tedious to mine the materials I need. But it'll be satisfying when it's done. in a year...

Edited by drahkon

Ok we're gonna have to start using the whitelist again, looks like some tosser has decided to burn down a few of the houses on the server, really hope it wasnt someone from either of the forums.

Any of you guys who are playing just let me know your Minecraft usernames so I can add it to the list.

Also if any of you saw anyone you didnt recognise today or better yet saw someone torching houses, let me know.

Wtf? I mean there have been just a few guys playing there at a time anyway...so prob some cowardly outsider assclown then? >:(

Name: Ville_N

Also, rookie mistake today...dug myself into lava, with all my stuff with me of course xD

Ah what the hell? I was playing a few hours ago and there was water in someone's house, but didn't think anything of it.

Whitelist: WolfyNE

I hope this doesn't continue some of the projects looked awesome (for example whoever made the guitar!)

Name: Emasher

I noticed someone named Mattpyle on a few minutes ago who I've never seen on the server before, but that's it, and seeing as the griefer probably wouldn't have stayed long, I'm assuming he was a legit user. If you have access to it, you might want to check the server logs to see which accounts have logged on recently.

Anyway, my decoy house was slightly damaged, but they didn't find my secret base, so its all good. I need to re-build the dock though.

Also, just out of curiosity, who found the clock I buried in the town? I think I'm going to hide a few more items like that.

Edited by Emasher

Yeah, that was applecorp, what a pleasant sight when I first logged on today! :)

Haha, I luckily thought of it as a joke, which is why I didn't mention it here, as it didn't destroy the house.

I've been on and off all day though and not noticed anything, which is a bit strange.

I noticed someone named Mattpyle on a few minutes ago who I've never seen on the server before, but that's it, and seeing as the griefer probably wouldn't have stayed long, I'm assuming he was a legit user. If you have access to it, you might want to check the server logs to see which accounts have logged on recently.

Yeah thats another guy from the other forum who just bought the game yesterday.

Oh and the house that was filled with water was mine and actually wasnt anyone griefing, that was just me bored and filling my house with water :p

Anyway I think ive got most of the usernames now so im gonna start the whitelist, let me know if it anything goes wrong with it.

EDIT: Ive also just downloaded the backup for the server and it has player files in it, one of which is for someone called Paradox9999 so id say weve found our griefer

Edited by Happenstance

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!