N-Europe

Memory full message when it's not (K800i Sony Ericsson phone)

Eenuh

Ok, so Jim has this problem with his phone and it's driving him crazy. Basically the phone tells him his memory is full when he's trying to take a picture, except there are actually no pictures on his phone. All photos have been deleted, as well as his messages, yet it still says his memory is full.

We found a video that explains how to delete stuff using command prompt on Windows, but we couldn't get it to work for us.

So now our question is, how can we reformat the phone without Jim losing all his contact details? All we want to get rid of is the picture information that's apparently still hidden on there somewhere.

Thanks!

You need reflash the software/firmware on the phone. Does he have the cable to plug it into a PC?

If so go to Sony Ericssons website and they have all the downloads you need. Had to do it on my C905 a few months back as for some reason a lot of the apps stopped working, Simple ones like calculator. Be careful though, it will return the phone to factory settings so get off anything you want to keep.

As I'm so kind here's a link for the latest software for that model: http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/softwaredownloads/detailed/updateservice/k800i?cc=gb&lc=en

Enjoy and good luck!

p.s always check the manufacturers website first. They'll usually have solutions to your problems.

Edited by Platty

I thought they were saved on there automatically (guess not then). But we weren't sure if we should keep it in the phone or not, in case that gets deleted too? But if we take it out the phone won't work/do anything anyway.

We're phone noobs...

It depends what the settings are if they're saved to SIM or phone.

One way to check is to just take out the SIM and see if your contacts are still on the phone.

There was a simple option on the contacts options I think... or maybe on the actual contact you could switch to where it was stored.

Also, you can put 10 text messages onto your SIM too.

Thing is if we took out the SIM card the phone simply wouldn't work. All you could do was watch some demo. =P

Jim transferred his contacts to his SIM card now (after having to delete quite a few cause they wouldn't fit on haha). I think he might try resetting his phone tonight, after he's gotten home again and transferred his songs etc.

Thanks for the help so far people. =)

Thanks Ine and guys for the help. She's pretty much done all the talking for me, whilst I've been travelling home today, hehe.

Yeah, I took the simcard out and turned the phone on, but could only view a demo. I couldn't actually use the phone at all, not even with the USB cable plugged in. I've saved my contacts to the simcard, but I'm a tiny bit worried that they may get erased if I'm fiddling with formatting and stuff.

I'm knackered tonight, so I'll give it a try tomorrow. Thanks for all your help.

If you've got a USB cable then you should be able to just transfer your contacts to your PC.

I didn't seem to have the option to do that...

I had the option to transfer my photos, videos, and stuff to do with bookmarks/internet stuff. But didn't see a thing about contacts.:hmm:

I know I can bluetooth them over, but my laptop doesn't have that option.