NEurope
Guy

Blu-ray/High Definition Media!

I have over 80 blu rays and over 300 dvds (used to have 600 but gave a load to charity). Ever since I started buying blu rays I havent bought any movies on dvd, I cant go from the great picture and incredible sound of blu rays back to dvds. Urrrgh.

I find Blu-ray to be somewhat of a luxury at this point. I have a player and everything, its just not that convenient to go rent the disks. If I buy a movie, I'll buy the Blu-ray version, but If I just want to watch something quickly I tend to be too lazy to use anything other than Netflix. As amazing as it is to watch movies in 1080p, convenience usually trumps that.

Most things these days seem to come out on Double play DVD/Blu-ray or Blu-ray/Download. Noticed it with a few recently bought movies, namely Unknown and Hancock. Could pose the end for DVD boxes soon, if companies start doing this more frequently.

Haven't watched a DVD in, probably literally, years. All downloads are in HD and all disks are BluRay. Going back to DVD, I might as well be watching VHS.

I only ever buy Sci-fi or Comicbook movies on blu rays, ones I think would be worth the extra money. Otherwise im happy to still just buy normal dvds.