N-Europe

Pokémafia DeathVoid - Game Thread

ReZourceman

Well this is all going swimmingly, especially for a game that Rez said was less town weighted.

People seem prepared to share information early on this time. Not meaning to throw accusations out there but revealing an investigator role early on kinda makes you a target for the mafia, even with a misunderstood power. Misunderstood power also gives room for deniability if things were to go wrong.

Even if Ellimeister should be evil, he might be sacrificing himself to build faith in Giz early on in the game. I'm not voting for Giz cause I have no reason to. Im just saying that there are alternative scenarios is Giz is right.

(This seems like a Giz heavy post, I apologise)

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People seem prepared to share information early on this time. Not meaning to throw accusations out there but revealing an investigator role early on kinda makes you a target for the mafia, even with a misunderstood power. Misunderstood power also gives room for deniability if things were to go wrong.

If one of us is killed then the other knows who targeted him. Which is another reason not to lynch him.

Assuming Moogle is telling the truth with him and/or Elli are good... its a detterant for the mafia as one of their deaths would sacrifice the mafia killer cause the other would tell us who did it.

It could be a cever ruse to deter mafia from killing either of them. And there is nothing saying that both of them can't be mafia.

I'm NOT one for No Lynching, but just putting possibilities out there whilst I decide.

(double post)

It seems that two information gatherers have come forward. In the writeup it mentions a "minion" taking notes on the large Blue and Purple. Does minion automatically mean mafia or is it a broarder term?

See, I've been wondering the nature of these minions myself. My guess is that at least two people can investigate, but they do so by sending out a minion, making it impossible to track them - notice how the write-up says it was lucky that the spotted minion was just a minion.

See, we can't be sure of that. Someone is definitely not telling the truth, whether it's because they've been misled or are trying to mislead.

I received a pm saying

Ellmeister, you are . A townie.

MoogleViper, you are . A townie.

It then gave us our roles. This pm was sent to both me and Ell.

We can also look at this another way: If he his Mafia then, huzzah one of them done.

If not, then we can assume a good chunk of the votes against could be Mafia members giving us something to work on.

It also means you'll lose a tracker. It also means that the mafia will have no reason to not kill me so you'll lose another tracker. It also means that Gizmo will use the old "oh well I must be a bad cop" excuse and you'll believe him.

I received a pm saying

Ellmeister, you are . A townie.

MoogleViper, you are . A townie.

It then gave us our roles. This pm was sent to both me and Ell.

But couldn't this be ReZ making you believe that you're both townies when actually, Ell is a mafia in disguise? I'm pretty sure I've seen this type of role before.

Anyway, I still stand by my vote. It's the most fool-proof way to figure out what's going on.

It is entirely possible that he get a separate PM after that.

It's also possible that Giz is lying. Or that (the excuse he'll no doubt use later on) he is a bad investigator. But you're all so quick to fucking sign our death warrants aren't you.

Before I inevitably die tonight I'd like to say that when it is revealed that we're good I'd like to point out that the ones acting most like mafia are Gizmo, Maddog, Martinist and Dannyboy.

I'll Withdraw Vote for now. But we should try to decide on someone to lynch as there are a few suspicions and two ones which are completely 50/50 (Dannyboy and Ell), which are darn good odds at this stage of the game.

Moogle, I can understand the frustration but words is words. You might very well be town, you might bne mafia there is nothing conclusive either way.

Danny. Could the second minion in the write up be a roleblocked killer? Hence one killing last night (assuming there is a mafia killer).

Before I inevitably die tonight I'd like to say that when it is revealed that we're good I'd like to point out that the ones acting most like mafia are Gizmo, Maddog, Martinist and Dannyboy.

To be fair, we're really not. We're going by an investigation, probably the most effective power we townies have when it comes to revealing mafia members. In our position, would you behave any different?

Danny. Could the second minion in the write up be a roleblocked killer? Hence one killing last night (assuming there is a mafia killer).

I really haven't thought that much about it. Coming up with too many complex theories is a bad idea if all we're going to do is speculate.

To be fair, we're really not. We're going by an investigation, probably the most effective power we townies have when it comes to revealing mafia members. In our position, would you behave any different?

Yeah when that person has an alibi and is a tracker. Instead of listening to my alibi you've crafted some way of him still being mafia.

I'd also like to point out that whilst a partnership has happened before where one was mafia and the other was a townie (I was in one, pinky and the brain) we both knew the other's alignment.

Moogle, is there any way you could prove that you are contolling his targets? atm its a piece of unconfirmed information that we would have to believe because of your word, and we are ALL unreliable at this point in time.

I've sent rez a pm asking if I can control his targets whilst he is away. I can't prove that until tomorrow when I can tell you who he(I) targeted.