NEurope
Beast

True Blood

makes sense, i normally wait for it on FXHD to be honest, finding a safe viable virus free site for things like that is becoming so hard

finding a safe viable virus free site for things like that is becoming so hard

Hahaha, no. :heh:

As illustrated by this thread.

makes sense, i normally wait for it on FXHD to be honest, finding a safe viable virus free site for things like that is becoming so hard

dude...what?

maybe i'm looking in the wrong place then, i either get a region lock so i can't watch

or one that requires surveys to be done to watch it and they usually get some sort of warning for being an unsafe malware riddled site

to be fair i haven't looked to watch an american show since i was waiting for Heroes season 3.....

to be fair i haven't looked to watch an american show since i was waiting for Heroes season 3.....

Did it put you off watching television forever? Because I can understand that.

I think most people download TV shows and watch them that way. I don't think trying to watch things directly online is really the way to go unless you live in the US and have access to Hulu or the official sites.

Did it put you off watching television forever? Because I can understand that.

I think most people download TV shows and watch them that way. I don't think trying to watch things directly online is really the way to go unless you live in the US and have access to Hulu or the official sites.

lol no but i pretty much knew there and then that was the beginning of the end for Heroes, but after that i did decide not to watch shows online that weren't due out for about a year that way i don't waste my time and can read reviews

What'd e'erone think of the second episode? Some interesting bits. I gasped during the Eric/Coven bit because I thought

they'd 'brought him back to life' - as in cured his vampiracy (not a word). I was screaming.

But I was wrong. :p

Still so bored of the retard panthers.

As I said before, the second episode stuck to the book so I'm very happy and the changes made in the episodes fit brilliantly. I don't really mind the changes but the fourth book in the Stackhouse Novels is by far the best of the series and doesn't really need much changing. It's brilliant so far though!

Finished SEASON $ OHEMGEEEEE

Fuck at the ending. Everyone on their last clicks, everyone having 3 damage. [/reference for Chair/ReZ]

Two of my faves

dead?

Christ.

Marnie's resolution was kinda lame but I'm over it.

Sorry Nan, you absolute a-hole.

LINE OF THE SEASOn from GODDESS PAM though. - "I'm so OVER SOOKIE! With her precious FAIRY VAGINA and ABSOLUTELY STUPID NAME! FUCKIN' SOOKIE!" :bowdown:

I wish Sookie would just learn how to be a great Fae/Fairy and use her powers well.

I've yet to see the last episode of the season but this season sucked a little for me. There were a couple of good episodes but most of them never really stood out. Also, I can never see Eric in the same light again.

However, I'm glad they never tampered with Pam, she's awesome!

All in all, this season was pretty poor and by far the worst one yet. There was very little character development throughout the season. Sookie doesn't have much to her anymore. The whole Jason/Panther side-story was completely forgotten about once he escaped? If you'd been raped multiple times it would probably prey on your mind ever so slightly.

I'll carry on watching, but it's not as good as it used to be.

The ending was good but it certainly wasn't one of the best from this show so far. Not too bothered now about that 9 months (ish) wait for Season 5.

LINE OF THE SEASOn from GODDESS PAM though. - "I'm so OVER SOOKIE! With her precious FAIRY VAGINA and ABSOLUTELY STUPID NAME! FUCKIN' SOOKIE!" :bowdown:

THIS. Pam is awesome, definitely one of the best bits.

Oh, and Jessica's "costume", she looked amazing in that.

All in all, this season was pretty poor and by far the worst one yet. There was very little character development throughout the season. Sookie doesn't have much to her anymore. The whole Jason/Panther side-story was completely forgotten about once he escaped? If you'd been raped multiple times it would probably prey on your mind ever so slightly.

I'll carry on watching, but it's not as good as it used to be.

I hated how they forgot about that and I hate the fact that a lot of the characters are crap now. Lafayette and Tara used to be awesome and now they're just wimps! Lafayette isn't too bad though but Tara's terrible. She's supposed to be this strong, independant woman but in every season, she comes out worse at the end than she did at the start and I don't care about Sookie at all.

Eric and Godric were the only awesome characters in the show followed by Jason and Andy Bellefleur but even they were pretty disappointing this season. Also, Marnie is a terrible season villain. Hated her for all the wrong reasons.

The only thing I liked was the last episode before the end of the season and the Jessica cliffhanger but other than that, all of it was pretty dire.

Yeah I think this season has been kind of poor. They opened with some bold changes to the status quo but it didn't go anywhere and it seemed like a lot of effort even went in to reversing said changes, which was crazy. Nice Eric was rubbish, too. I liked the necromancy stuff though as that felt like a proper, quite new threat to vamps.

The Panther story was the nadir of the series, though. Either that or Evil Baby. It's close, but both of them made me want to claw my eyes out. Just dreadful. Next season needs to drop the utter shit subplots and move the show forwards or the whole show is dead in the water.

I also think there shouldn't be a lot of supernatural stuff, sometimes it felt like I was watching Charmed with added vampires! The last episode of the season was brilliant, I really enjoyed it but I hated the ending mainly because I liked the character even though the character started to suck a little. Glad Sookie did what she did at the end though.

I'm not excited for the next season at the moment. The cliffhanger wasn't a cliffhanger like the other ones, it was just a finale of the series so to speak but a great one at that. And yeah, Pam is awesome. Also, did anybody else like Lafayette-Marnie instead of Antonia-Marnie? I did, I thought it was a whole lot better.

I'm hoping that the next season tones down a little bit on the supernatural and HOPEFULLY have a storyline and stick to it. The whole werepanther thing with Jason just ended like it was meaningless and, as somebody on here said, if you were raped and tortured multiple times, it's not something you would easily get over.

I hated how they forgot about that and I hate the fact that a lot of the characters are crap now. Lafayette and Tara used to be awesome and now they're just wimps! Lafayette isn't too bad though but Tara's terrible. She's supposed to be this strong, independant woman but in every season, she comes out worse at the end than she did at the start and I don't care about Sookie at all.

well i'd guess thats because in the books Lafayette was the body found at the end of Season 1/book 1 so there is next to no back story to take from, so its all tv show writers ideas, not Charlene Harris' which are what made the books so good

and Tara slowly appeared less and less in the books, i'm upto book 6 and i think she's been mentioned only a couple of times, even then though she wasn't as major character in Sookie's life like she is in the TV show

the unfortunate thing with the series (by the sounds of it since i've not watched yet) is its suffering the same way most books do when adapted to TV/film - they get TV Script writers in who are used to short stories/little character development, in to alter it for TV/Film and then they cut out stuff they deem as filler and boring. the problem is what they cut out is usually the gritty stuff or character development that makes you feel for the characters in a book, then when translated to the screen they end up as wimpy and hollow.

by the sounds of it they've ruined the bit with Jason being ... wait

In the books he is held captive by that bloke (name is gone) and he's repeatedly attacked by him in panther form, not raped... then in the next book its revealed that this has then turned Jason into a were, not a full panther as bitten born are half breeds and he's somewhere between man and beast, so i'd imagine like a movie were

If they've changed that then that's just appalling

Tell me something is Sookie still with Bill?

by the end of book 2 she wasn't and began to persue a relation ship with Alceed in book three, then in book 4 she had a relation ship with Eric, in book 5 a weretiger bloke, then from what i hear Eric becomes the repeated love interest, and Bill is sidelined to a distant supporting character

but i suppose that can't happen in the show, since they've chosen actors and given the leads relationship in real life

I do think there was a strange lack of anything actually happening this season. Sookie was crap, all she did this season was get fucked. After finally going to Fairyland and meeting other fairies, she uses her powers like...slightly more than usual this season. I think more could've/should've been done with Marnie et all, felt like they were in the shop for ages.

I don't think the writers knew how to balance so many characters and plots at once.

I enjoyed it though. If it were badly written, it would affect my enjoyment, and it isn't, so it's fine.

well i'd guess thats because in the books Lafayette was the body found at the end of Season 1/book 1 so there is next to no back story to take from, so its all tv show writers ideas, not Charlene Harris' which are what made the books so good

and Tara slowly appeared less and less in the books, i'm upto book 6 and i think she's been mentioned only a couple of times, even then though she wasn't as major character in Sookie's life like she is in the TV show

the unfortunate thing with the series (by the sounds of it since i've not watched yet) is its suffering the same way most books do when adapted to TV/film - they get TV Script writers in who are used to short stories/little character development, in to alter it for TV/Film and then they cut out stuff they deem as filler and boring. the problem is what they cut out is usually the gritty stuff or character development that makes you feel for the characters in a book, then when translated to the screen they end up as wimpy and hollow.

by the sounds of it they've ruined the bit with Jason being ... wait

In the books he is held captive by that bloke (name is gone) and he's repeatedly attacked by him in panther form, not raped... then in the next book its revealed that this has then turned Jason into a were, not a full panther as bitten born are half breeds and he's somewhere between man and beast, so i'd imagine like a movie were

If they've changed that then that's just appalling

Tell me something is Sookie still with Bill?

by the end of book 2 she wasn't and began to persue a relation ship with Alceed in book three, then in book 4 she had a relation ship with Eric, in book 5 a weretiger bloke, then from what i hear Eric becomes the repeated love interest, and Bill is sidelined to a distant supporting character

but i suppose that can't happen in the show, since they've chosen actors and given the leads relationship in real life

Yeah, I've read all of the books and it's safe to say that this series is NOTHING like the fourth book, which is a shame because the fourth book was one of the best in the series in my opinion.

Lafayette may have not appeared in the other books but even as a character in the series, there's so much more to him and he was one of the best characters in the series because hardly anything supernatural happened to him and then suddenly, he becomes a medium out of nowhere? WTF!

Tara was a great character but it seems she follows a pattern in every series. She's all tough and then something happens to her and then suddenly she's tough again but not really. I would actually like to see her take control and fuck someone over instead of someone saving her life a load of times. She's capable of it!

But yeah, as Gibb said, the series has made so many changes to the books and don't get me wrong, some of them were great but this season, there's just so many unnecessary changes. Dead to the World was perfect the way it was and I saw no reason to tamper with it, it would have been entertaining on television.

The one thing I really hated this season was the way they killed off Claudine. She was an awesome character and she plays an important part in Sookie's life so you know that the series will differ from the books forever now. At least they got the end perfect (except for Tara being shot in the head and the fact that Sookie killed Debbie Pelt back in Book three (I think it was Book three anyway)).

Yeah, I've read all of the books and it's safe to say that this series is NOTHING like the fourth book, which is a shame because the fourth book was one of the best in the series in my opinion.

Lafayette may have not appeared in the other books but even as a character in the series, there's so much more to him and he was one of the best characters in the series because hardly anything supernatural happened to him and then suddenly, he becomes a medium out of nowhere? WTF!

Tara was a great character but it seems she follows a pattern in every series. She's all tough and then something happens to her and then suddenly she's tough again but not really. I would actually like to see her take control and fuck someone over instead of someone saving her life a load of times. She's capable of it!

But yeah, as Gibb said, the series has made so many changes to the books and don't get me wrong, some of them were great but this season, there's just so many unnecessary changes. Dead to the World was perfect the way it was and I saw no reason to tamper with it, it would have been entertaining on television.

The one thing I really hated this season was the way they killed off Claudine. She was an awesome character and she plays an important part in Sookie's life so you know that the series will differ from the books forever now. At least they got the end perfect (except for Tara being shot in the head and the fact that Sookie killed Debbie Pelt back in Book three (I think it was Book three anyway)).

They killed Claudine? well that means they will deviate further and further from the books! why make a series based on a best selling book series only to completely deviate from the plot?

and yes the end of book three sookie blasted Debbie with a shotgun and had Eric clean up

what is going on with the writers? i hope they never go to any other series like game of thrones else we'll suddenly get characters resurrected

So the new season started weeks ago and I meant to make a post in here telling you but too late! So for those watching it, what do you think?

I think it's starting to get crap now. The first three or four episodes were like "Yeah, I want to see more" but now it's "Well, that was stupid" and now it's going further away from the books! The books were awesome, stick to the books! However, there are some nice changes. The only story I like so far is Sam's one and Terry's as well. The others kind of suck a little, I hope it gets better!

However, it's cool how they dealt with Tara.

So what do you guys think?

My first thought after the season premiere was, "man, was True Blood always this bad?" :hmm:

There are way too many storylines going on at once and I find myself not really caring about most of them. Even if the storylines weren't so stupid it'd be hard to care when most of them only get two scenes per episode. It feels like someone put the season in a shredder and then taped it back together.

And the more we find out about vampires, the sillier they seem.

So the new season started weeks ago and I meant to make a post in here telling you but too late! So for those watching it, what do you think?

I think it's starting to get crap now. The first three or four episodes were like "Yeah, I want to see more" but now it's "Well, that was stupid" and now it's going further away from the books! The books were awesome, stick to the books! However, there are some nice changes. The only story I like so far is Sam's one and Terry's as well. The others kind of suck a little, I hope it gets better!

However, it's cool how they dealt with Tara.

So what do you guys think?

I thought the previous season (4, I think) was terrible and very close to not bothering with season 5. However, I think season 5 is a lot better and I'm enjoying watching it each week. What's happened to Tara is pretty good. I like the story with Sam. Terry's seems a bit tacked on and pointless so far?

Jason has had some brilliant one liners. My favourite being when Andy Bellfleur said "I had sex last night" and Jason said "welcome to the club!" (ok, not funny written out...).

I'm sort of intrigued about Sookie and her powers but it's not overly interesting.

I'm loving the duo of Erik and Bill though. I really like what they've done with them and I find the whole vampire back story really interesting. Plus the full frontal we got this week from the new character (not saying name in case of spoilers) was great. :heh: