Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Teeth!

dan-likes-trees

Guest Captain Falcon

I'm in the process of having some work done at the moment.

The pain in my mouth has been barely noticeable at worst - the pain in my wallet on the other hand...

At one point, I had a small erosion into one of my back teeth. I knew it was bad even so went to the dentist. He noticed a few other things that needed filling so dealt with those first. By the appointment that he got to that tooth, the tooth had collapsed. He wouldn't go for it first and it collapsed because he didn't deal with it. Now I have a massive filling, and I mean a massive filling, in that tooth.

They always intentionally try to prolong treatments to get money. It's disgusting

Yeah I'm the same Seribii. Waiting for my checkup so I can get another bite guard which is stopping me from destroying my teeth. I grinded through the last one completely and I'm likely to need about 10 fillings if theres any teeth left.

I rang for an appointment in the end of july and all they could give me was the 22nd Sept. What a disgrace.

None of the ones in my town wanted NHS patients so I had to start off private...no price cap whatsoever :/

aye its getting that way here.. thankfully i've been registered with my dentist since i was 11. All the foreigners coming into this town can't get a dentist either which means they are cloggin up the emergency service.

If you have to pay privately complain about everything. They have to give you proper care especially if you are paying for it all. Its disgusting.

Not really had many problems with my teath. *touch wood*

I used to have a gap between my two top front nashers but my wisdom teeth came through and over the years have closed the gap. Speaking of wisdom to teeth, I have all 4 which came came through no problems at all in my late teens/early 20's

Oh I do have a chip on one of the nashers. But this doesn't cause me much hassle. Is a bit rough but nothing drastic.

Not really had many problems with my teath. *touch wood*

I used to have a gap between my two top front nashers but my wisdom teeth came through and over the years have closed the gap. Speaking of wisdom to teeth, I have all 4 which came came through no problems at all in my late teens/early 20's.

I was desperately hoping my wisdoms would do that, but no such luck! :angry:

Taken care of my teeth to a pretty good standard for the most of my life. I quite like them and my family like to compliment them a lot, so it's all good here. Strange thing happened though earlier in the year. For a few days I started getting my wisdom teeth in the back of my mouth which at times drove me insane but we actually fun to mess around with now and then :p Then suddenly they just disappeared and I haven't felt or seen them since :S

Sometimes I get just plain lazy or can't be bothered so I don't brush them every now and then for like 2 or 3 days. Don't Judge Me! :(

I thought this thread may have included this...

Edited by Frank

Well, comforting to know that I'm certainly not the only one to experience pain!! been on Neurophen for the last 3 days, helps, but still incredibly fucking painful.

WisdomToothEffects.jpg

This is how my wisdom teeth grew in. That vessel running below your teeth supplies oxygen and blood to the rest of your teeth.

If a misaligned wisdom tooth gets impacted (and it usually does), not only will it cause excruciating pain, it can choke off that vessel and start killing your other teeth

Just saying..

I think mine may well be a little impacted. Going back to the dentist tomorrow... they said nothing when I was there a couple weeks back for a filling though :/

At one point, I had a small erosion into one of my back teeth. I knew it was bad even so went to the dentist. He noticed a few other things that needed filling so dealt with those first. By the appointment that he got to that tooth, the tooth had collapsed. He wouldn't go for it first and it collapsed because he didn't deal with it. Now I have a massive filling, and I mean a massive filling, in that tooth.

They always intentionally try to prolong treatments to get money. It's disgusting

You know, i've never had this happen to me at all. Probably because i am on the NHS. If i am in pain at all, i just go into the dentist and 9/10 the problem is found and it is sorted within a few days.

You know, i've never had this happen to me at all. Probably because i am on the NHS. If i am in pain at all, i just go into the dentist and 9/10 the problem is found and it is sorted within a few days.

I was finally on their NHS list at that point :/

@ Serebii. The dentist i have has been the one i've seen since i came back from Germany when i was 9, so he's a pretty nice chap and all that. He was the one that took the tooth out that was causing cleaning problems, and would have caused a lot more problems in a few years time (which would have resulted in more fillings and extractions).