NEurope
ReZourceman

Mafia General Discussion Thread

Why is that, Mr Chairdriver?

I have trapped you?

No. I can't be fucked arguing with you. You're like a little smart-alec child.

Keeping in theme with my avatar and signature then, wouldn't you say?

I can't think of how smart-alecky children can be suffocating.

Calm down Chair. :kiss: Where has this come from?

Not many people commented on my amazing video though. :(

I did enjoy your video, it made me chuckle.

Smart-alec children are vile. A type of person I cannot abide in my prescence. They are therefore suffocating if they're all up in your face.

No. I can't be fucked arguing with you. You're like a little smart-alec child.

No more arguments then? They were fun to watch :bouncy:

I want to do a pirate mafia.

With Ninjas and Zombies and Hippos and wailing hard on guitars and porking? Or at least one of the above? A pirate mafia could actually be quite funny.

Jonnas... said before but loving the gentlemans if last day was a strong argument for a time limit :D

Starwars... one complaint Maddog... missed opportunity

SinghLando.jpg

Damn you Marcamillian!

Question;

I've completed all roles and stuff for Pokemafia 8 : Crusade of the Dragons, does anyone want me to go in front of them?

Currently active Mafia Games

Gentlemens Mafia (By Jonnas)

Star Wars Mafia (By MadDog)

Currently Signing up

Disney Mafia (By Chairdriver)

Battlestar Gallactica Mafia (By Sméagol)

Signing Up Soon

Deathnote Mafia (By Diageo)

Games Consoles Mafia (By Cube)

Bare Bones Mafia II (By Dyson)

DC Comincs Mafia (By Paj Meen Ah)

Harry Potter Mafia (By Dannyboy-the-Dane)

Pokemafia 8 : Crusade of the Dragons (By ReZourceman)

Xpert Eleven Mafia (By Jayseven)

Heroes Mafia (By The Peeps)

Ice Cream Parlour Mafia (By ReZourceman)

Super Smash Bros Brawl 2 : Rematch (By Diageo)

Pirate Mafia (By The Peeps)

I've got all roles sorted for heroes mafia and pirate mafia (but I may still tweak pirate mafia). Heroes is ready to go whenever but looks like I have such a long wait!

I've got all roles sorted for heroes mafia and pirate mafia (but I may still tweak pirate mafia). Heroes is ready to go whenever but looks like I have such a long wait!

That's why I dislike all of this queuing. The list is too long. =P

Maybe people should just give a bit more time in between making mafia games. If everyone ends up making two at a time, it just becomes too much and people will lose interest. That's what happened last time too.

That's why I dislike all of this queuing. The list is too long. =P

Maybe people should just give a bit more time in between making mafia games. If everyone ends up making two at a time, it just becomes too much and people will lose interest. That's what happened last time too.

People have been saying "People will lose interest" for like....4 months.

I think we should just increase official play ones to 3 and then (Chairs queue jumping?) on top of that makes four at a time. At the moment we only have two going.

I do think sign ups should only happen when you're ready to go. I.e. Sign up threads should only be open for about 3 days or whatever, then the game just starts.

Well, I don't mind people skipping the queue, I don't think it should be considered a hard requirement for starting games, but should / could be used as a guideline when considering the other games starting.

If people want to go ahead starting pirate games now, I don't mind. But I personally won't be signing up in that case.

I do think you're right ReZ, if I do a second mafia game, I will open the sign-up thread not much in advance like now.

Well I know I have lost interest in some of the games. There's just way too many to sign up for, and no guarantee as to when they will start.

Unless things change a bit (or people are smart enough to not sign up for every single game), I think it'll go the same way as last time, where the game was booming for a few months (like it is now), but then slowly people lost interest, became inactive and the entire thing died a slow, painful death. =P

All I'm saying is, make the list shorter and only open sign up threads right before the game is going to start. But that's just me.

I agree with Eenuh. I'd really love to play a pirate mafia, but I don't want to participate in more games than I do at the moment.

Oh, and my Harry Potter mafia is still just an idea that I don't know if I'll get around to do anytime soon. If somebody else really wants to have a go at it, just grab it. I'll just pick another when I'm in the mood for hosting a mafia again.

I completely agree with the sign up threads only being open for 3 days or so before game start time (unless not enough people join or whatever).

The problem with 3/4 games at once is getting the people to play. At the moment we're getting around 20 players per game, but that's with 2 games going at a time. Increase it to 3 or 4 games and I don't think you'll get the numbers you want.

I don't think we should have more than 2 games running (though I'd happily play 4 at a time myself) because I just don't think we'd get the numbers for each game. 4 games of 10 isn't as good as 2 games of 20 (I know the numbers won't be that diverse but meh).

Which is why I am waiting to start my Heroes mafia. The only reason we have a queue is because people don't want too many games at once. I'd feel bad jumping ahead of someone who's been waiting. I don't think anyone should start any more sign up threads until near the end of Chairdriver or Sméagol's games. Those are the next games in line after the current two so it should be a while before we see another sign up thread.

There's room for overlapping; towards the end of a game you'll only have about 8 people left alive so you could start a new game at that point. Those 8 players will only have a day or two left of that game so they shouldn't feel overwhelmed at starting another.

To address Eenuh, if you don't want to sign up for a game that's fine. I don't see how people will lose interest just because there are many games going on. If you miss a game that's fine, you can play the next one. Missing one game won't make you want to miss all of them after that but if you try playing 4 at once when you don't want to then of course you will lose interest.

Personally I could play 4 games at once without losing interest.

---

Seeing as I am waiting, I'd like my pirate mafia to come before the heroes one. It'll be a few games before it starts (unless the people ahead of me aren't ready or don't mind me skipping) so I know I'll have it sorted by the time the sign up thread goes up.

Why don't you PM those above you in the list to see what they think? We've made a list, whether it's a good thing or not, so respect it while it lasts.

Genuinely, I preferred it when we only had one game at a time. I really struggle to keep up with everything.

(yes, I know, don't sign up for as many. But some games you want to play because you know the GM will make it awesome and you don't want to miss out!)

Yeah, it's why I'm not signing up for the Disney one. I'm sure it's awesome, but the timing isn't right for me.

Anyway, I'll be starting sign-ups when the other mafias are nearing an end.

Edited by Diageo

Wow town are fucked in the SW Mafia. Lol.

What happened to "no discussing mafia games outside the mafia thread as it ruins the game"?

What happened to "no discussing mafia games outside the mafia thread as it ruins the game"?

Lol. I thought it best not to post in the thread as I'm dead and have already made a few posts. Don't be silly though.

Well I'll be starting the sign-ups for my beautifully created and ambitious project that is the Death Note Mafia when my new laptop arrives.

Lol. I thought it best not to post in the thread as I'm dead and have already made a few posts. Don't be silly though.

The way you acted the other day about Diageo PM'ing you, who's actually the one being silly?

I think the silly comment was an ironic joke at his expense. At least that's how I see it.