Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Careers

Goafer

The Japanese girl I'm dating studied in Dudley (mega-random coincidence) most of the time she has that sweet Japanese accent when she talks but there's a few words that come out in a noticeable black country accent. I'm never sure whether to laugh or cry.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Japanese girl I'm dating studied in Dudley (mega-random coincidence) most of the time she has that sweet Japanese accent when she talks but there's a few words that come out in a noticeable black country accent. I'm never sure whether to laugh or cry.

Brilliant.

I love stuff like that- makes me feel good about language. One time I met a Polish woman driving my bus route and she had that thick Eastern European accent but the English she was learning was from Sheffield so her dialect was a full South Yorkshire working class. It was absolutely amazing.

Haha now I need to track her down :p

• 1 month later...

Aww yeah. Payrise and a promotion get.

The best thing of all? The promotion is basically just a new title. It literally involves no extra work.

Senior Lab Technician. I need to make up some cards. If only I knew somewhere that had a giant industrial printer or two and someone that had access to it. Wait a minute...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!