NEurope
Happenstance

Green Lantern

Green Lantern 2

250px-Green_Lantern_Rebirth_6.jpg

Warner Bros. is moving ahead on a second "Green Lantern," hiring Michael Goldenberg ("Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix") to write the screenplay for the sequel. With the first pic's June 17 release date just under a year away, the move to hire a writer for number two shows a serious commitment to the franchise.

Move comes a few months after the studio tapped the three "Green Lantern" screenwriters -- Greg Berlanti, Michael Green and Marc Guggenheim -- to write a treatment for "Green Lantern 2."

Goldenberg performed a rewrite on the script for "Green Lantern," which just wrapped shooting in Louisiana with Donald De Line producing and Martin Campbell directing. Ryan Reynolds stars as DC Comics superhero who's part of the Green Lantern Corps.

The film just wrapped?... a year before it's release!!

Shows how much post-processing is going into this film!

Not a bad idea.

As for post processing: massive. Green Lantern's 'suit' is entirely CGI because it's not actually real- it's energy from his ring made in to body armour. and Green Lantern isn't a traditional super hero in that he's a Green Lantern not the Green Lantern. He's one of thousands of Lanterns who act as cosmic policemen, all based off a massive planet, Oa. So you have a GC action lead, an alien supporting cast

7152_400x600.jpg

aaaand all the action sequences are quite high concept in the books- the Lanterns create physical objects out of green light with their minds so pretty much anything can happen.

If they do all this right, it's going to take a huge post production effort.

Edited by Dan_Dare

And could very well end up looking shit. Unfortunately. Let's hope not.

Back in the olden days was there only one green lantern? I don't know why but I just seem to have this in my head that the green lantern was an alien and the person who wears the ring got to use his power but they had their own name.

Edited by Munch
Automerged Doublepost

Well the series only really concentrated on the Earth Green Lantern, and of course, he was in the Justice League, and had adventures on his own here. IIRC, it's only in the last 10 years or so, that they've tried to make the big cast more prominent. They've always been there though.

Yeah kind of- one of the Green Lanterns local to Earth's patch of space crashes in the desert and while he's dying in the wreck the ring finds Hal Jordan (Reynolds) and recruits him as his successor. There's always been loads of them though as they cover the entire galaxy.

Yeah kind of- one of the Green Lanterns local to Earth's patch of space crashes in the desert and while he's dying in the wreck the ring finds Hal Jordan (Reynolds) and recruits him as his successor. There's always been loads of them though as they cover the entire galaxy.

The only interest in GL I ever had was through the Justice League. My GL will always be;

890846-jla_deluxe_edition_vol__2_hc_super.jpg

Kyle Rayner, in that costume. I always loved the tactility of his big mask and his glove/gauntlet things. Even if it is very 90's. I don't see why there was a need for Hal to come back to life. He was an interesting Spectre.

Although Warner Bros' superhero film, Green Lantern, has just wrapped it's principal photography, the hardest part has just begun. The film's director and crew will be moving back to Los Angeles this week to begin the long process of post production, which for his movie in particular is a daunting task. Not only is the Green Lantern suit Ryan Reynolds wears in the movie completely computer generated, but the majority of alien Lantern Corps members are as well.

And speaking of Corps members... eager Green Lantern fans have been waiting a long time to see him, and here he is now. The Poozer-stopping Kilowog:

14927L.jpg

Source - Comicbookmovie.com

That's a really weird shot. Looks like a Jim Henderson puppet.

Paj: I like how they organised all the Lanterns on Earth though: Hal and John are partners on Earth, Guy is an Honour Lantern in space helping out the Corps and Kyle is some kind of alpha Lantern with way more power than the others.

Yeah I gathered that from reading Blackest Night/the current JLA/JSA crossover. Either way, I've always only had passing interest in the character (concept), and really it's only Kyle I'm attached to in any real way.

I also preferred how his ring (ASAIK) could only construct thing he knew how to make "work". Or something like that. Like it wasn't ever bubbles or fists, it was usually machines or weaponry. Or manga robots, due to the character being a cartoonist or whatever.

It's all very 90's though.

Edited by Paj!

Wait....Kyle's not an Alpha Lantern....did I miss something. Alpha Lanterns are the super police that become semi-robotised.

sorry, poor choice of words- didn't realise the term had already been taken. He's Ion, or was. Forgot what to call him.

Yeah hes not Ion anymore, hes back to being a normal Lantern. Although I think hes an honoured one now like Gardner.

It has already been revealed that the entire 3,600 Green Lantern Corps members who patrol the similarly numbered sectors of the universe will cameo in next summer's live action superhero adaptation, Green Lantern. To top it off, at least two dozen alien Lanterns will have center stage roles; one of which is Bzzd. For those who aren't familiar with the character, here's a brief bio: Although Bzzd was no bigger then a housefly, his tremendous willpower allowed him to be a capable fighter in the Green Lantern Corps. Bzzd's power was evident in his penchant for creating constructs that were massive in scope when compared to his diminutive size, like locomotives and full scale roller coasters.

And here is your first (albeit unfinished) look at the character, who happens to be a favorite of the film's director, Martin Campbell:

14990l1.jpg

Source - Comicbookmovie.com

Fucking. Awesome.

If we get Ch'p as well....then seriously. This film....is gonna...just....

Yeha it's ace. DC do a really good job of making the Green Lantern Corps look alien And properly so. Most of them are humanoid but characters in the series range from sentient virus' to tentacle armed crystal...things. Very cool.