NEurope
Dante

Kinect Discussion

Even though it still seems as though Microsoft forced it upon them, it seems that Rare definitely knows what they're doing.

H-O-T; the whole video-of-you-playing thing would make for a great gaming night with some mates, for sure. I hope someone I know buys one as I can imagine it being a proper laugh... but not enough for me to get one now (no money, no space :P).

H-O-T; the whole video-of-you-playing thing would make for a great gaming night with some mates, for sure. I hope someone I know buys one as I can imagine it being a proper laugh... but not enough for me to get one now (no money, no space :P).

Its such a neat little feature. I just finished playing the athletics games and after all of the events it showed me my best moments. I looked like a right idiot doing the long jump and hurdles, but in a good way. :D

Having played Kinect Sports a fair bit yesterday I woke up this morning all aches and pains. I haven't been to the gym in 2 years and clearly its showing. :)

I gave Kinect Adventures a go this morning, it's quite a fun game but I still prefer Kinect Sports. I really enjoyed the rafting game on it though, here's a couple of snaps the game took of me. :D

Postcard2.jpg

Postcard.jpg

I went back on Kinect Sports to play some more footy. After playing around on the beginner difficulty yesterday I decided to knock the difficulty on to the hardest setting, man did I get a work out.

The AI kept running rings around me and I had to learn to time my passing and place my shots. After about hal an hour I started to get the hang on things and managed to score 2 goals in the first minute. After that I held on and won 2-1!!

The game took a fantastic video of me playing the game but I haven't a clue how to put it on here. I did save it to my KinectShare profile though.

Man from looking at those pictures... you may want to consider shutting your door next time you get on Kinect Adventures or you'll end up with painful hand :p

so i have kinect... was never gonna buy one but i have one... its awesome and its so easy to get others to play! EVERYONE wants to play

so i have kinect... was never gonna buy one but i have one... its awesome and its so easy to get others to play! EVERYONE wants to play

Nice. Did you pick up any other games?

Here's me when I played the footy game on champion difficulty. Watching it back I noticed I really could do with using my left foot more. I get really knackered by the end of it. :D

We got Dance Central which was the wife's idea... i wanted Kinect Sports but i had no say in it ... tho she was paying so :grin:

Edited by Nintenchris

Well I got Kinect over the weekend, only really had a chance to properly give it a go tonight though, at first I thought I wouldn't be able to play as the setup was telling me to step to the green squares and some were... unreachable but it seems it doesn't matter too much as the amount of space varies depending on what game you're playing.

I didn't think much of Kinect Adventures, I only played that for five mins on the day I got it and that was enough for me but then, what do you expect for a game that's packaged in with the peripheral?

Dance Central on the other hand is brilliant fun! :D I've been making a fool of myself dancing around in my room for a little bit and not really caring because I've actually enjoyed myself... which is good seeing as that's basically what Kinect is all about.

Admittedly I was apprehensive at first, especially at the price point but after deciding to actually bite the bullet and buy one I'm now glad that I did, I just hope that there will be a steady flow of decent games to further justify my purchase, I'm sure there will be a lot of software available for it but I'm only really interested in the games that really seem to be doing something interesting with the hardware and for me Dance Central met that criteria and so it was the first game I purchased for it and I don't regret it one bit.

Next I can see myself buying Child of Eden whenever that comes out, after that... who knows? :)

So my roommate brought one home and well... I think I'm the only one living here to have played with it since it's been hooked up. I know my roommate that brought it (Kirby. Yes, that's his real name.) has played with it before... but the other four roommates just haven't touched it yet.... which is a shame.

My first Kinect game was Kinectimals. Yes, Kinectimals. I have a stack of 4 Kinect games (Adventures, Joy Ride, Sports? and Kinectimals) that he brought home as well... and from that stack I decided Kinectimals was the first game to go in the system.

I had a great time playing with my little tiger cub thing. I played the game for around 2 hours or so before I realized that.. I had been playing it for about two hours. At that point I put it down... err... turned it off and walked away haha. The game was heaps of fun though and was definitely a neat experience.

Today I decided to give Kinect Adventures a go.

148851_459037032335_503932335_5892981_8133325_n.jpg

154571_459036812335_503932335_5892972_5299443_n.jpg

155615_459036882335_503932335_5892975_7842054_n.jpg

76855_459036972335_503932335_5892978_566544_n.jpg

155302_459036992335_503932335_5892979_6823306_n.jpg

I got rather into that game as well. I had a lot of fun with it and just... over all had a great time.

I'm looking forward to trying out the other two games I have here, as I haven't been disappointed yet.

Also, I really wanna try Dance Central.... that game looks rather neat :P

Thanks for the picsand videos, guys. It's made my morning. :D

I will probably pick up Kinectimals at some point as I loved the look of it. I want Dance Central but I have the dancing ability of a drunk chimp so im not sure if it would be the best option for for me. :)

Some of the achievements are solid on Kinect Sports. You have to beat the AI on the hardest difficulty in various sports, now i've managed to do the footy one but the rest are kicking my butt.

I tried the bowling one the other day think it should be pretty simple, how wrong I was. The AI scored a spare on his first throw and then scroed 8 strikes in a row! There's no way I will beat him. :(

Tried out the demo for Dance Central and again, enjoyed it. The game is a lot easier to learn than I was expecting, since the only "dancing" games I've played are Dance Maniax and Para Para Paradise (not going to count DDR/ITG/PIU/TM 'cause those are arrow smash games) and both of those games have much more of a learning curve to them.

I can't really say much about the game as it really doesn't have much to it. I mean... you choose what song you wanna do, then you can either launch the "Break it Down" thing to teach you the different moves to the song, or just dive right into the song (and probably fail it haha).

The thing to teach you how to do the moves is pretty slick, and does a good job of actually teaching you the moves. If I actually get a Kinect, this will probably be a purchase for me.

By the way, the Kinect Adventures game has demos for.. Kinect Sports, Dance Central, and Yourself Fitness (or whatever the fitness game is called) on it. When you're on the main menu (before you "start your adventure") go to the bottom left for the demos.

So, my brother had his first go today. It was struggling to pick up his movements, especially with the feet. He then decided to just be silly and strapped a cushion to his head and it worked perfectly...it picked up all his movements.

Weird.

I love that his reaction to Kinect not working was 'Well, I'll strap a cushion to my head and see how it goes' lol.

Do you mean to say he didn't have a cushion on his head before he started playing? And you're the one calling him weird?

I love that his reaction to Kinect not working was 'Well, I'll strap a cushion to my head and see how it goes' lol.

We're scientists in our household. It's what we do :P

Bought one today with Kinect Sports and absolutely loving it. It's fantastic.

Had a go on kinnect sports tonight. Was bloody brilliant, had a proper good time. I pretty much beat everyone.

Would have added more earlier but was typing from an iDevice :heh:

It's a great little machine. In the games I've played so far it's put the Wii to shame, everything feeling so much more interactive and immersive. It's got plenty of little touches which help draw you in (the living statues on Adventures are awesome :D) and I don't think I could tire of the photo/video recordings. They're golden.

The only real issue is of course space problems. I have a reasonable size living room and I can only just stand in the 'Best' section when calibrating for Adventures. It feels excessive. But it's not impossible by any means, and multiplayer has been a hoot :D

Something kinda funny that I found out. In the track and field game for Kinect Sports, you can have your avatar reach out to the other lanes to touch the other avatars.

They get upset with you haha.

My avatar was getting his creeper grope on, grabbin the girl's butt in the lane next to him and all she cared about was that my guy wasn't in the proper lane haha.

Also, hitting the other avatars while on the podium at the end of a Track and Field tourney.

Something else that I found... interesting about the Kinect itself... is that the thing keeps track of people by their face, clothes, and height... but it seems to put height as it's top priority. What I mean is, if I start out wearing my slippers, then take them off and try to open the guide, it won't know who I am. If I take off my zip up sweater though it still knows me. It also knows me if I put on my glasses haha.

The thing's gotta be a pain for kids as they grow.

So this Kinect thing is impressing me more and more.

I just played (and lost) a game of table tennis online... and just.. the fact that it does motion capture you and your opponent is really really interesting. To see the avatars do their little taunts and victory dances that you know some nerd across the world is doing in their living room is just fantastic haha.

That was my first online table tennis game... and just.. even without using headsets you can tell what they're implying and such.

I started the match by pointing at the other player and then pointing at the ground and jumping on it. He started laughing and shrugged. Halfway through the game he got an Ace on me and started a little victory dance and... there's just something about it that makes it awesome haha.

I was laughing and smiling the entire time, while losing.... (5-11)

Great anecdote :D

I must say I'm in love with this little device. I plan on picking up Dance Central at some point as everyone here thinks it's a hoot (myself included)!

It has so much potential for the future. I can't wait to see what we'll be playing in a year or so.