N-Europe

RUMOR*-*Tentative*Wii/DS*release*dates*for*Europe

canand

Because the Sonic factor is what was really behind the sales and marketing. Heck, half the game was focused on the Sonic universe!

True. Then why not just call it Sonic All Star Racing? Or rip off MK and call it Sonic Kart. Because then they'd moan about not having SEGA in the title. :heh:

Most of those aren't anything to blink an eye at, but wasn't HAWX 2 like just announced this week? And it would be rather surprising for it to come to the Wii as well.

I also was surprised to see it there. However I checked the official homepage, and it says so right there.

True. Then why not just call it Sonic All Star Racing? Or rip off MK and call it Sonic Kart. Because then they'd moan about not having SEGA in the title. :heh:

They should have just made their mind up about what they wanted the game to be :heh:

It was like a Sonic racing game with a few other Sega characters. They should have either had a game based on all of the Sega series with a decent level for each series or just gone for a fully fledged Sonic racer.

The fact that there was no Crazy Taxi level made me want to die inside. Why include BD Joe if he has no level!? :woops:

Also, the fact that Banjo Kazooie was in the 360 version just made it more confusing. It's a Sonic Racing game with a few other Sega series thrown in and for some reason, two Rare characters.

But then, they don't shove their name entirely everywhere. Otherwise we'd have SEGA'S MADWORLD. :heh:

Well that was developed by Platinum.

I wonder if Sega execs name their children as such though... SEGA'S CHARLIE, SEGA'S SUSIE and SEGA'S BASTARD OFF SPRING sounds good to me...

Anyway, they should have named it Mediocre Racer as that would be more fitting.

Anyway, they should have named it Mediocre Racer as that would be more fitting.

Oh come on. It's better than mediocre. I thought it was pretty good. I've played both the 360 and Wii versions and it's definitely fun. Weapons suck and there is some clear rubberbanding of the opponent AI at times (I can be hitting big boosts through drifts and stuff and literally tanking it speed wise or drop weapons and they get hit only to be right beside me almost instantly ::shrug:) and it could have done with a wider variety of franchises supported in the tracks (far too many Sonic tracks and only 5 other franchises represented when they purposefully brought more characters in).

But it was more than a mediocre racer really. Granted, if you have a Wii, Mario Kart is definitely the one to get but on the other consoles, I'd say Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing is definitely worth a punt. And even with Mario Kart on the Wii, I'd still say give it ago as Sumo Digital did a very good job on the game on the Wii (unlike some of their other racing games for Codemasters).

But it was more than a mediocre racer really. Granted, if you have a Wii, Mario Kart is definitely the one to get but on the other consoles, I'd say Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing is definitely worth a punt. And even with Mario Kart on the Wii, I'd still say give it ago as Sumo Digital did a very good job on the game on the Wii (unlike some of their other racing games for Codemasters).

I agree with the first part, it certainly is the best of a rather lacking bunch on other consoles. Its okay. A solid 7ish. So perhaps mediocre was a bit harsh but "slightly-better-than-mediocre racing" is about as muddled as the actual name :p