NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Marvel Vs Capcom 3!

Finally! : peace:

A third Marvel vs. Capcom game has been revealed.

A teaser cinematic appeared on YouTube (via VG247), apparently from Capcom's Captivate event in Hawaii last week. The publisher-enforced embargo on coverage expires at 4pm BST today.

The video shows famous Marvel and Capcom characters having a fight: Hulk takes on Chris Redfield, for example, and posterboys Ryu and Wolverine go at it on a city rooftop.

Planet Xbox 360 offers further, source-based detail, and explains that the game will be disc-based, run at 1080p and look very pretty. Characters "confirmed" are Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Hulk, Magneto, Storm and others - presumably the cast of Street Fighter will be easy imports given that they've already been created for SFIV and SSFIV.

There's no word on date nor platforms, but PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 are obviously a safe bet, given the cross-platform MT Framework engine underpinning the action.

Cool trailer :) Don't really see how Chris Redfield would stand a chance against Wolverine though :heh: Mind you he did take down Mr. Complete-Global-Saturation....

Wait...

Were those... flying pigs that just passed my window?

Anyways, this made my day! : peace:

"I'm gonna take you for a ride!

Tuddum tuddum

I'm gonna take you for a ride!

Tuddum tuddu tuddum

Tuddum tuddum

Tudududuuuuum"

Who knows, they might even give us a second phrase this time around. ;)

Wait...

Were those... flying pigs that just passed my window?

Anyways, this made my day! : peace:

"I'm gonna take you for a ride!

Tuddum tuddum

Tuddum tuddu tuddum

Tuddum tuddum

Tudududuuuuum"

Who knows, they might even give us a second phrase this time around. ;)

Had the same song start playing in my head when I saw this post. And now I can't get it out. Hopefully this controls a little better. Although I'd say the 360 controller fails when it comes to beat 'em ups

Here's the first details from Eurogamer.

Update: The Captivate iron-embargo curtain has lifted and Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds has been revealed. The US PlayStation blog has the first trailer.

The game will be released on PS3 and Xbox 360 in spring 2011.

Capcom's US blog has said the game will feature "wild, over-the-top gameplay" with aerial combos, hyper combos and fridge-freezer combos perhaps?

There's also three-on-three Tag Team fighting and a "living comic-book" art style, which apparently blurs the lines between 2D and 3D gameplay in a different way to Street Fighter IV.

Capcom is promising a strong storyline, according to Kotaku, and is aiming at around 30 playable fighters. Confirmed faces include Ryu, Wolverine, Iron Man, Hulk, Morrigan and Chris Redfield. Kotaku reckons promotional art hints at the inclusion of Chun-Li, Captain America, Super Skrull, Deadpool, Felicia, Dante, Frank West, Mephisto, Black Widow and Doctor Doom. Well spotted.

With both Dante and Deadpool in the lineup this game is already sounding fantastic! :D

Frank West eh?

Well he has covered wars, ya' know

Edited by Mundi

No Wii version? I'm shocked and appalled.

Was about to say "oh really now" but then I looked down at my copy of Tatsunok vs Capcom and realised that I could not really knock you for your reaction.

Some of the marvel choices are just...odd. No Thor but we get Mephisto? Super Skrull but no members of the FF?

Fanboy am crai.

Some of the marvel choices are just...odd. No Thor but we get Mephisto? Super Skrull but no members of the FF?

Fanboy am crai.

How many people would buy Mephisto or Super Skrull though? Any how many people would buy Thor or Fantastic Four DLC? :p You know it's true...

No Wii version? I'm shocked and appalled.

Must resist... Can't...

"That's what I expected!"

Seriously, it's a shame though, if not really a surprise. If they go down the graphical route of MvC2 and HD'd it, it would be possible even in SD. But if the teaser is anything to go by, I can't see it really happening. TvC is a great game, but let's face it, the 3D-graphics, while nice, isn't really groundbreaking stuff, and I think they want to go pretty big for this one.

I'd prefer handdrawn 2D mind. Looking at Blazblue and MvC2, it suits the comicbook-universe perfectly, but it's very timeconsuming. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Frank West? Great news! I just hope he looks and sounds like himself this time around. :p

Lol, my post was written in sarcastic manner (even if part of me feels some disappointment), as soon as I saw the thread title I didn't for a moment expect to see it on the Wii. But the way they were trying to guilty the Wii user base into buying TvC with the excuse of a possible MvC3, it's all just so sleazy.

The 14 of 30 characters (?)

Hulk

Wolverine

Iron Man

Deadpool

Super Skrull

Captain America

Spider Man

Magneto

Deadpool

Ryu

Chun Li

Chris Redfield

Dante

Trish

Morrigan

Felicia

Frank West

Ken

Edited by Dante

Spiderman video-game rights are owned by Activision.

Eh are you saying Marvel who have control over the characters cant use Spiderman in Marvel vs Capcom 3?

Hardly. Activision also does Marvel Ultimate Alliance, which would mean... well pretty much no Marvel characters at all :heh:

Complete...Global...Saturation!

Ah, I think that might be one of my favourite cutscenes. I remember playing that with SCG rather fondly :D

Regardless, I'm really excited for this. I wonder if they'll try and make it play like SFIV or if they'll stick to the almost too OTT gameplay of MvC2? I'm hoping it's the former.. whilst MvC2 was fun, it was just a bit too manic for me. But I loved it anyway, and I'll pick this up no doubt. I fully expect to see one of the new SFIV challengers in there. I'm guessing C. Viper :D

I wonder if they'll try and make it play like SFIV or if they'll stick to the almost too OTT gameplay of MvC2? I'm hoping it's the former.. whilst MvC2 was fun, it was just a bit too manic for me.

I think they are going to go OTT with MvC3. I don't see a 'grounded' game pitting Iron Man, Hulk and Wolverine against Ruy, Chris Redfield and Frank West. And judging by the size of that special Hadoken? ;)

But I too prefer SFIV gameplay above the cerrrazy vs.-style, but it's a nice change of pace, and complements the more 'calm' style of SFIV perfectly.

I do hope it gets more colourful than this trailer. It has too much of a Rise of the Imperfects-style to me. :hmm: *nitpicknitpick*

Complete...Global...Saturation!

Ah, I think that might be one of my favourite cutscenes. I remember playing that with SCG rather fondly :D

If it turns out that Wesker is in it, we should do battle and recreate that epic scene, film it, then it will be released onto YouTube ensuring complete... global... saturation... and amusement of course. :D