NEurope
Shorty

Gears of War 3

That was some good fun tonight!

Thanks to @Dog\-amoto for helping out but big thanks to @Hero\-of\-Time who had already unlocked the achievements but wanted to help us out anyway! :)

That was some good fun tonight!

Thanks to @@Hero\-of\-Time for giving up his time to help with our achievement hunting. Thanks also to @Dog\-amoto for his help. Thanks again @Mike1988uk, it was a great idea and a good evening.

I would also like to thank my mate for helping, but he ain't on here so he won't see my thanks.

No problem guys, it was fun! :D

We had a few laughs, what with Mike running to the action only to find all the enemies were dead, my one man army against a Lambent Beserker and then the achievement not popping, me thinking Dog-amoto had put the mutators on, hence me using my ammo trying to get a super reload that wasn't there. Good times. :)

Yeah, awesome times. I wish i was there when Mike was using the Retro Lancer that time before. Looking forward to the next session, can't wait :yay:

Edited by Jimbob

Sounds like I missed a good sesh. Drop me an invite next time (though I might well be on ME3 so...)

Sounds like I missed a good sesh. Drop me an invite next time (though I might well be on ME3 so...)

My dilemma also!

Really want to get back into this but ME3 is coming out at the wrong time! lol.

Just going through some of my stuff and found I have a spare code for the Commando Dom character and Adam Fenix with a weapon skin. (I had two of each because I had the Gears Epic edition and console pre-ordered)

Anyone want them?

The last set of achievements have been revealed, which will take the game up to 2000G.

•Natural Selection - Complete all 12 waves of Beast on all Forces of Nature maps - 20G

•Horde Natural - Complete 20 waves of Horde on any Forces of Nature map without going down or dying - 20G

•Unstoppable Force - Complete all 50 waves of Horde on any of the Forces of Nature maps - 25G

•Elemental - Get 25 kills with any of the hidden elementally charged Cleavers in Horde - 25G

•Stock Piled - Achieve the maximum level on all fortifications in Horde mode - 20G

•Force Multiplayer - Win a match of Guardian on all Forces of Nature maps - 25G

•Witty Repairtee - Build or repair 50,000 worth of fortifications as Mechanic Baird LE - 25G

•Hunter Gatherer - Bag and Tag 20 opponents while playing as the Savage Hunter in Versus multiplayer (any mode) - 20G

•I've Got This! - Kill 10 opponents as the leader in a round of Guardian on a Forces of Nature map - 20G

•Force Multiplier - Kill a Lambent Berserker with a team comprised of 5 Forces of Nature characters in Horde - 50G

They are really making you grind for these!

The last set of achievements have been revealed, which will take the game up to 2000G.

They are really making you grind for these!

Indeed!

Has any other game got too 2000G before!?

Just a heads up for those who want an achievement from the new DLC.

WkdRv.jpg

This will make it a nightmare for those who haven't got the cheevy already. Not only do you have to win on the map, but once this comes into play you will have to try and get a Force of Nature map aswell.

Just a heads up for those who want an achievement from the new DLC.

WkdRv.jpg

This will make it a nightmare for those who haven't got the cheevy already. Not only do you have to win on the map, but once this comes into play you will have to try and get a Force of Nature map aswell.

Balls.

I prob wont have enough time to try and get it before friday with gf being here. Do you have to win as the leader or is it just win a match?

Balls.

I prob wont have enough time to try and get it before friday with gf being here. Do you have to win as the leader or is it just win a match?

Nah just win the match.

I needed one more the other day so what I did was looked at my recently played people list and looked at what map they were playing on. Once I found one playing Aftermath I jumped into their game and got the win. :D

Nah just win the match.

I needed one more the other day so what I did was looked at my recently played people list and looked at what map they were playing on. Once I found one playing Aftermath I jumped into their game and got the win. :D

Cool!

I did briefly play some guardian the other day, I just panic when I become the leader! lol.

Cool!

I did briefly play some guardian the other day, I just panic when I become the leader! lol.

If you need a hand/want some backup then just send me an invite if i'm online. We could even get a group together again and try and nab the achievement. It would make it a lot easier to win if you are in a group.

Agreed, if anyone is up for getting this achievement (or two) i'm interested in it as well. Drop us a message, sure we can arrange something.

If you need a hand/want some backup then just send me an invite if i'm online. We could even get a group together again and try and nab the achievement. It would make it a lot easier to win if you are in a group.

Tar mate.

I was on this morning and had a great run of winning four of the maps!

Playing on it again now and I got to the map I need (aftermatch) but then lost! This could get annoying.

EDIT: Did it! Yay.

Edited by Mike1988uk

Managed to get Force Multiplayer too. Realise how much I suck at this game after being pretty good at the first two!

Am up for boosting some more achievements soon if you guys are?

Managed to get Force Multiplayer too. Realise how much I suck at this game after being pretty good at the first two!

Am up for boosting some more achievements soon if you guys are?

I am defo interested! BUT with working shifts (as normal) and my gf currently being here for Easter my game time is a lot lower.

But we shall have to get something arranged!! My major to do is completing insane but would be great with full human team (also for cheevo :p) I know a few people have already expressed interest in that.

Glad to see a few of you got it done.

I really didn't think I would get it done either! When I played yesterday morning it did the full cycle of 5 maps and won four of them first time! :D

If you play 4 player campaign on Insane, can you go DBNO? Playing solo in standard campaign, you just die instantly. So if you get knocked down, is it game over for all players or can you respawn?

If you play 4 player campaign on Insane, can you go DBNO? Playing solo in standard campaign, you just die instantly. So if you get knocked down, is it game over for all players or can you respawn?

You die but can respawn if someone else is alive, takes about 20 seconds though. I think you just die instantly, I can't remember being able to crawl abou. When I went through it on insane, one of my mates would always hang back a little. This person was known as The Respawner. :D

Any ideas on how we can get the "I've Got This" achievement?

Was thinking we could get 8 of us in a party and have one with a guest account (if that would work in public multiplayer) on each team. We could then search for a game at the same time and hope that we get paired up.

It's hard enough to get 10 kills in one round as it is, nevermind without dying and on the off chance that you are the leader in that round. All the while hoping that the leader of the opposite team doesn't die so you don't run out of people to kill.

A stupid achievement.

Any ideas on how we can get the "I've Got This" achievement?

Was thinking we could get 8 of us in a party and have one with a guest account (if that would work in public multiplayer) on each team. We could then search for a game at the same time and hope that we get paired up.

It's hard enough to get 10 kills in one round as it is, nevermind without dying and on the off chance that you are the leader in that round. All the while hoping that the leader of the opposite team doesn't die so you don't run out of people to kill.

A stupid achievement.

Im having a nightmare getting this, even more so now that ALL of the maps are included in the guardian game type. Getting 10 kills is one thing, but having to do it on the correct map is beyond a joke.

I managed to help my mate get it the other day. We had a team of 4 and we just stuck together lancering everyone down and leaving the leader to kill them. I nearly got it as well but the freaking random who joined us killed their leader. RAAAAAAGGGGGGE.

Yeah, i'm up for boosting this. If a few of us each put in a guest then we should have enough people. I could probably rope a few others into helping us as well. We just need to make a specific time and day.

I'm always up for boosting achievements on this!

Speaking of which, I have mentioned it once or twice now but I will be looking at a 4 player co-op insane playthrough of this, my gf goes back uni on Monday so my gaming time will increase loads again! :D

I'm on day shifts next week so would be free every evening (unless I make other plans) Who's interested?

I know @Hero\-of\-Time offered to help awhile ago but i'm pretty sure there is quite a few others who want to work through it anyway. :)

Off the top of my head...

@Dog\-amoto

@Caris

@Jimbob

@MATtheHAT

Have all mentioned to me about being interested.

Edited by Mike1988uk