NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

I was quite set on getting the White 3DS when it's released. But now I really don't know...

Ah who am I kidding, I'm getting the Zelda edition :D If nothing else, it's out sooner than the other one. Always wanted a 'limited edition' console, but never managed to wait a decent amount of time or had the moneys to purchase one. Now I do, they're releasing this. YUS!

I wouldn't mind knowing just how Limited Edition we're talking here.

I'm guessing not very?

But it does seem it might just end up being Europe that gets this.

Well the mario ltd edition XL went out of stock shorlty after christmas and has kept its value. I expect this will be the same, i wonder if it has 4 swords pre installed too.

Why no skyward sword wii console ltd edition ? they have lots of wii consoles to ship.

I think the white 3ds is beautiful.

I really like it.

I did think red was the best colour, but now I have seen the white - I've changed my mind :grin:

Not that struck on the Zelda one - think it would look better in the flesh though.

Probably not very no. How limited edition were the NES SPs? Or the Zelda SPs? This line'll probably run til maybe March next year as it's 25th anniversary, but they'll be expecting demand. In fact, it's a brilliant idea, it's again cashing in on bloody zelda! I know I'm not the only one without a 3DS that is considering one for the Zelda-y goodness. £165 ain't shabby neither. I wonder if they had sense to preload FourSwords on them...

Zavvi do, not that I would order it from them.

Why so? Bad experience with them?

Tbh £165 is pretty much current market price on bundles, so I'm likely going to pick me one up sometime in the next few months. I just worry for how long it'll last as my gold ds lite somehow procured itself some scratches :(

Why so? Bad experience with them?

No because I don't use them, but I've heard stories. They just generally don't seem very reliable.

theres a code about so you can get it for £149 from zavvi

i think its

BIGSAVER

You liiiiiiie :(

I saw an ad on tv last night showing the 3-d video feature - anyone know when this is being released in the big update?

Also, where's our ambassador GBA games?

@edzza The advert itself mentions that the 3D Video features can be downloaded from 30 November - so its looking as if that's the magic day for our new firmware.

This is only a guess at this point, but I think we'll see the GBA Ambassador games between Christmas and New Year - simply to avoid cannibalising sales of Mario Kart 7.

@edzza The advert itself mentions that the 3D Video features can be downloaded from 30 November - so its looking as if that's the magic day for our new firmware.

This is only a guess at this point, but I think we'll see the GBA Ambassador games between Christmas and New Year - simply to avoid cannibalising sales of Mario Kart 7.

I can't imagine the people how bought the 3DS at launch would not buy mario kart for some GBA games. I reckon they'll come with the update for one huge bonanza day. 2 days before all our lives change for the better!

I thought it was today the update but I seen the advert yesterday so I said WTF so its 30th November why so late

Missed that bit, cheers!. So that's next wednesday eh...damn. I'm flying that day; hope I can get free wifi at the airport.

I thought it was today the update but I seen the advert yesterday so I said WTF so its 30th November why so late

In fairness, Nintendo only pinned it down to November. Eurogamer started talking about a date of the 4th November (where that story came from, i'll never know). If Nintendo push it out on the 30th November, then they've done what they've promised.

In fairness, I am not sure why we're excited by this: 3D video will be a feature few people will use (the quality will be poops), not sure the StreetPass stuff is 'must have' and everything else just seems behind the scenes stuff. It would be nice if Capcom provide a patch for the online fuctions of Street Fighter and RE Mercenaries to 1) make use of the 'join game' addition and 2) to actually work. But I've been shafted too many times by Capcom so I am not expecting it.

Missed that bit, cheers!. So that's next wednesday eh...damn. I'm flying that day; hope I can get free wifi at the airport.

Most airports have WiFi, but you'll pay through the nose for it. It'll be a nice treat for your landing!

In fairness, Nintendo only pinned it down to November. Eurogamer started talking about a date of the 4th November (where that story came from, i'll never know). If Nintendo push it out on the 30th November, then they've done what they've promised.

In fairness, I am not sure why we're excited by this: 3D video will be a feature few people will use (the quality will be poops), not sure the StreetPass stuff is 'must have' and everything else just seems behind the scenes stuff. It would be nice if Capcom provide a patch for the online fuctions of Street Fighter and RE Mercenaries to 1) make use of the 'join game' addition and 2) to actually work. But I've been shafted too many times by Capcom so I am not expecting it.

Most airports have WiFi, but you'll pay through the nose for it. It'll be a nice treat for your landing!

Did you forget about Nintendo 3DS demos I am excited for that.

Did you forget about Nintendo 3DS demos I am excited for that.

As long as we don't have to pay for demos. I recall reading Capcom(?) releasing a demo but they had to price it since the system doesn't allow for free downloads (other than Nintendo). Though to patch a system to allow third parties to put free stuff on the shop seems a bit weird.

As long as we don't have to pay for demos. I recall reading Capcom(?) releasing a demo but they had to price it since the system doesn't allow for free downloads (other than Nintendo). Though to patch a system to allow third parties to put free stuff on the shop seems a bit weird.

That was the infamous Mega Man Legends 3. An early unfinished preview version should launch alongside the eShop for a small price. Apparently, it would have been used to gauge the interest in the game and decide if it was to be green lit or canceled altogether. It was just canceled. ;)

How easy is setting up/buying on the eShop?

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG, got an email from TheHut saying it's in warehouse and ready to go but there was a payment problem nooooooooooooooooo! want my 3dssss! :( hoping it arrives before monday when i go on holiday...

That was the infamous Mega Man Legends 3. An early unfinished preview version should launch alongside the eShop for a small price. Apparently, it would have been used to gauge the interest in the game and decide if it was to be green lit or canceled altogether. It was just canceled. ;)

Yeah I remember that, though it's not the one I meant:heh:. Fearing memory failure I searched a bit... http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=16087

It was Konami and their Love + tool. My bad

Not yet, it's coming in a update. Not sure if it's the November update or not.